1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

Selecting any of the culture levels in civilopedia cause this python exception.

Civ4ScreenShot0456.JPG

Leoreth likes this.
  2. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

I added the Hebrews who start in 1500 BC in Jerusalem. But as you know there already is a city called Jerusalem which is Independent, when the human player spawns with the Hebrews, the city simple disappears or it becomes invisible! It's still there but it doesn't show, i mean you can build stuff in it but you cant see the city!
    If anyone knows why this bug keeps happening please tell me.

3. LukeAtmey

LukeAtmey Chieftain

Is there a reason why the English Redcoat's model changes once moving on from the Reneissance Era to the Industrial Era? Or is this a bug?

Attached Files:

4. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

That's with Varietas Delectat, right? It's intended.

LukeAtmey and trevor like this.
  5. LukeAtmey

LukeAtmey Chieftain

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, it's with Varietas. Ah I see it's intended now: Just did some digging around and learned about the evolution of the redcoat uniform, so I understand the change much better now.

Leoreth likes this.
  6. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Couple of errors whenever the Turks, and later on, the Mongolians, collapse. The first error just popped up on the one turn, but after the Mongolians collapsed, the error pops up after every turn.
    Spoiler Python Exception :
    20200925133204_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  7. Leoreth

Hey, I found the cause of this, but the fix is on the develop branch. Do you still want to continue this game?

8. Malchar

Malchar Prince

I think I'm fine with leaving it, but thank you!

Leoreth likes this.
  9. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Warlord

Hello again. Is it normal for the startup loading time to be at around 3-7 minutes?

10. Leoreth

It depends on your system and how many other processes are running concurrently.

11. Alexius08

Alexius08 Emperor

I set BUG's rename schemes to count the number of units, and yet, upon settling my first city, instead of being named sequentially, all of my gunpowder units somehow keep getting "1st" as part of the name. I've set some units to receive randomly-generated names (after fixing them on my end), and they're being named normally, however (like the cavalry units I added via World Builder on the screenshot below).

So far, there are three ways to trigger BUG's unit rename function: building a unit, settling the first city, and getting a unit from a goody hut. Not currently handled are cases when the units are spawned (either by a newly-spawned civ or through getting a conqueror event) and when units are drafted. Perhaps, upon spawning, we could make the rename schemes work immediately on the player's starting units.

Spoiler :

Also, America's Pioneers are somehow considered as gunpowder units. Makes sense if enemy units could receive bonuses against them (mostly via Pinch promotion), but I'm not sure if we could keep them as civilian units while retaining their defensive abilities. The only non-military units with combat capabilities are wild animals, IIRC, so maybe we could do something similar.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  12. Leoreth

I gave you some context on unit spawns in the pull request. There currently is no event associated with creating units, period. Instead there is only one for a city finishing training a unit, which is not the only source of units, especially in RFC. For spawns, we could add a custom event to the corresponding Python function to cover most cases. A good starting point for that is Events.py.

Still not sure what unit combat type you expect for pioneers. Gunpowder makes sense to me, as you mention, it should interact with combat modifiers for that type. A combat type is irrelevant for when a unit is considered civilian, which depending on the context is canFight() (true for Pioneers) and canAttack() (false for Pioneers).

13. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

During my Poland game, I noticed that if you spread a religion to a city, build its temple, and the religion naturally leaves the city... Then when you respread the religion to the city, the temple is gone, and needs to be rebuilt. Even if this all happens over the course of only a couple turns. Just wondering if this is intended or not.

14. Leoreth

Has this happened frequently to you? In general, none of that is impossible or always undesirable. Religions leaving means losing their religious buildings, and the city does not keep track of which buildings had ever been there that might be restored for free, and I am not sure if they should.

That said, the presence of religious buildings should make it a lot less likely for a religion to leave, unless the other religions have equivalent buildings as well. If you want to share the save where this happens I can have a look if you were just very unlucky or if there is something wrong with the logic.

As an aside, maybe it makes sense to repurpose a non-state religion building for your state religion when you spread it to the city, but that would be an additional mechanic in my opinion.

trevor likes this.
  15. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Unfortunately I didn't make a save, but the "religion has left the city" mechanic seemed to happen too often IMO, at least in my last game... With Catholicism as my state religion, I was trying to spread Orthodoxy from Kiev over to Krakow, Berlin and Gdansk.
    • Orthodoxy left Gdansk after I paused construction on the Orthodox temple in order to build a bath, and when I respread Orthodoxy to the city, the :hammers: that I had already invested into the temple was still there.
    • Another time, Orthodoxy left Krakow (which had had both a Catholic and an Orthodox temple), and I had to rebuild the temple.
    • A third time, I spread Protestantism into Krakow, causing Orthodoxy to leave the city, and thus making me build the Orthodox temple for a third time. The city was about size 12 or 13 as well, more than enough to handle 3 religions at one time (I think).

It's possible I just got unlucky, and I forgot to make a save to make sure.:p

Edit: Also on an unrelated topic, I think the Polish voice lines could be made louder. It was hard to hear them over the music, an issue I don't have with any other civilization in the game.

Leoreth likes this.
  16. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

The Turkish Oghuz doesn't take damage inside Russia's borders. Not sure if it's a bug or not, just bringing to your attention.

Leoreth likes this.
  17. Leoreth

While at war, or at peace?

18. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

We were at peace. But since its technically a hostile unit, I wasn't sure if it should be taking damage or not.

Leoreth likes this.
  19. Alexius08

Alexius08 Emperor

Got it. I've tracked down the function you mentioned. It works for most unit spawning events, but not when a unit is drafted. Also, city flips (via spawns, respawns, congresses, and cultural-pressure-driven revolts) aren't covered, but I suppose they're covered somewhere else. I'm still trying to figure out how to make each of them work with Events.py. Hopefully, I could do it myself. I'll post in the modmodding Q&A thread if I get stuck along the way.

I'll be updating my pull request to prevent the unit naming script from giving Pioneers names that are assigned for Gunpowder units. The script will now give them names assigned for civilian units while they retain the Gunpowder combat type.

Meanwhile, back to the topic of bug reports, further testing of the unit naming script revealed that, whenever a unit type is built for the first time, if several of them are built within the same turn, they're all numbered as the first of its kind. It persists for around four turns until the script finally increments the counter for the names, even if more than two of the unit type already exists.

Here are some of the names that it generated when the script isn't working properly:
    Spoiler :

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Leoreth likes this.
  20. Leoreth

Please do. I also don't mind enabling this myself if you get stuck, might just take some time until I can get there in that case.

Oh so that was the issue, got it.

Do you intend to work on fixing that, or was that intended as a report? Just so I know if I should make a note of it.