1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Can you rather screenshot the error message box that pops up, instead of the notification message?

2. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Not for this one, clicked the mesages away before saving there, in general tho yes.

But arent the messages saved in the log, so that a screenshot of that would do the same?

Leoreth likes this.
  3. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Attached Files:

4. Leoreth

They are, I just meant that out of those two ingame errors that is the more useful one. Also when I'm on mobile they're easier to access.

Seakin likes this.
  5. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

When I tried to bribe barbarian units this python exception has show up.
    Civ4ScreenShot0399.JPG

Leoreth likes this.
  6. TJDowling

TJDowling King

I didn't even know you could bribe barbarians!

Leoreth likes this.
  7. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Got an Python Error on saving the game.
    Not sure if it has anything to do with the mod tho.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  8. Leoreth

That's strange, I'll see if I run into the same errors.

9. Leoreth

No errors for me I'm afraid.

10. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Brazil and Argentina both started as Orthodox in my 3000BC game.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  11. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

Playing as Rome with latest git, I'm getting this error when passing 320 AD
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "BugEventManager", line 378, in _handleDefaultEvent
      File "Events", line 12, in handler_func
      File "Victory", line 339, in checkTurn
    NameError: global name 'tFranceTL' is not defined
    The second UHV fails to register as failed, the objectives just remain there

In the WB, when checking game options, look at the names in the optional civs part, those are all wrong, plus what happens when I click any of the civs to try and toggle them
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 652, in handleInput

File "WBGameDataScreen", line 438, in handleInput

NameError: global name 'civ' is not defined
    ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface

Leoreth likes this.
  12. Malchar

Malchar Prince

Hello,

This is on DOC version 1.16 with no other mods. I am playing Egypt and since this is my capital city, I have controlled the fish tile for the whole game since the initial border growth. My city currently has 6551 culture and +76.95 culture per turn. The Byzantine city has 124 culture and +4 culture per turn. I don't understand why the Byzantine city was able to take control of the fish tile.

I am gaining roughly 1% control on the tile each turn. I know forts will speed up the culture spread on land, but can anything be done to speed it up on water? Does the presence of military units or naval blockades affect the culture of tiles? If so, then that might be why I lost the tile in the first place because Rome had a long war with me before Byzantium existed. I checked a previous save from during the war, and I actually controlled my entire coast even though I only had about 10% culture there while Byzantium had over 50%. It was only a few turns after the war ended that I lost control of the fish.

Attached Files:

13. Leoreth

What is the ownership history of the nearby Egyptian city? Was it intermittently controlled by anyone else? What about Athens?

If you upload the save, I can look into it more. I dealt with some issues already after 1.16 but I still suspect there is a bug that is going in the direction of what you're describing.

14. Malchar

Malchar Prince

I controlled the Egyptian city the whole game. Athens started Greek and was conquered by (Western) Rome. It then changed to Byzantine when the Byzantines spawned. I was at war with Western Rome during the Byzantine spawn. I never had war with the Byzantines.

I have attached 3 saves:
    The save from turn 180 is one turn after the tile swaps out of my culture.
    The save from turn 168 is one of the earlier saves I have where I'm still at war with Western Rome. If you jam the next turn button without doing anything, the tile should swap on turn 179. Notice that Byzantium already has more culture on my coast than I do, so I'm not sure why the tiles didn't flip sooner. Maybe it's because it's being blockaded by a third civ who has no culture on the tile?
    The save from turn 133 is some time before Rome declares war. I'm not sure if this is useful, but it was the only other early save that I have. Note I still have 100% culture here.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  15. Leoreth

Oh that's awesome, thanks for including multiple saves before and after cities change hands. For a little bit more explanation, I think there is an issue with temporary culture conversion to one player never being reverted when the city gets acquired again by a third party. This can leave residual culture of a civ on the tile that has no chance of claiming it, causing counterintuitive ownership. Since the temporary conversion decays by 1% per turn, it sounds very much like this is what you're experiencing.

16. Leoreth

This turned out to be nothing as intricate as I thought: that tile simply culture flipped in the Byzantine spawn. Since you dumped a lot of culture into it earlier, you have to really work to take over all of that now Byzantine culture. That said, I do not think the tile should be in the Byzantine flip zone unless they get to flip all of Egypt, I will shrink it accordingly.

17. Malchar

Malchar Prince

Thank you for looking into this. I agree that the tile should generally stay Egyptian. I don't think an AI Greek or Byzantine will ever build a city that could work the fish anyway.

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  18. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

Is Resources.py not working entirely in the newest revisions? New resources do seem to appear, but it doesn't remove the ivory in North Africa, and it doesn't create the Silk Road like before.

I've also noticed something a bit weird. If a civilization collapses, its core disappears from the stability map, so instead of the red "Foreign Core Area" hover text, you get the orange "Foreign Area" when mousing over it. But if instead of collapsing, the civilization is conquered and loses its last city, the core red text remains, apparently forever. I'm seeing the core for Babylonia still present in 500 AD for example, despite them having been conquered by the Persians soon after they spawned. Not sure if that affects gameplay in some way.

I also once had the Persians respawn around 400 AD or so under Koshrow I, but they were named as Safavid Empire, instead of what I imagine should be the correct Sassanid Empire. They weren't the Iranian civ though. Alas I didn't keep a save.

Leoreth likes this.
  19. Nyayr

Nyayr Prince

I've conquered Rome as the Greek and and the core was Italy (most of it) but over time I think in the 4-5th century? It became showed the Italian core of north Italy and Rome was just foreign area. This was with rome losing their Core cities and collapsing eventually. I know Rome can reappear seen it happen once long time ago when they got beaten early by Carthage in 400BC or so. Must have been 1.15 maybe?

I think a core remains if a nation is possible to reappear, though can't remember if the Babylonians do this. However if it shifts like Rome>Italian. Greek>Byzantine and back to Greek in modern times, the core area is altered (hard to tell due to Ot. Turkey also having the core there.), though honestly I seen Byzantines returns in the later around 1000 AD and the Greeks often in modern times 1800's when the Ottoman get weak and start getting unstable.

The Persian can return as Persia and maybe before a certain time stamp (Arab conquest? or Turkestan invasion?) they just have to wait it out till 1500 and Iran appears. I never seen them reappear after 600BC, and only 1 or 2 times before that, mainly if they declare war on Babylon, Carthage and India. Then Babylon holds out and India can sometimes woop them with elephants and chariots lol.

20. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

Congo UHV first goal have an issue with the numbers.
    Civ4ScreenShot0421.JPG

Pagan temple was not removed in Heliopolis when Islam spread to the city. I believe that happened because when the city was under my (byzantine) control, Orthodoxy, that was my oficial faith, have not spread to the city. When the city flip to the arabs, Islam spread to the city because the civilization's unique power that doesn't convert pagan temples to mosques, but just create the mosques in the city.
    Civ4ScreenShot0406.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0417.JPG

Leoreth likes this.