• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Not sure if these are known bugs but would like to share anyway. After switching to a new born civ I noticed 2 bugs:

1. I'm now unable to demand gold from any civ via diplomacy, I can see their gold amount but if I click there nothing happens. The only way to demand gold is to offer a technology, select "what do you offer me" they will offer gold, you then cancel your tech offer and demand their gold. Exiting or loading the game does not fix it.

2. The game will unrecognise all the default options like wait to pass the turn or stack attack. I need to untick it and tick it back to work
Can confirm both bugs.

Not sure if these are known bugs but would like to share anyway. After switching to a new born civ I noticed 2 bugs:

1. I'm now unable to demand gold from any civ via diplomacy, I can see their gold amount but if I click there nothing happens. The only way to demand gold is to offer a technology, select "what do you offer me" they will offer gold, you then cancel your tech offer and demand their gold. Exiting or loading the game does not fix it.

2. The game will unrecognise all the default options like wait to pass the turn or stack attack. I need to untick it and tick it back to work
That has been existing even since vanilla RFC. I am not sure why that happens also. Best workaround is to save and then reload that save.

Can you upload a save for this?
When does this happen?

I can't build holy shrine with GP :scan:
UPD. Catholic shrine require Catholisim as state religion

Attachments

• Houston we got a problem .jpg
    Houston we got a problem .jpg
    787.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Aho'eitu AD-0772 Turn 592.CivBeyondSwordSave
    848.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The game options being ignored after tag switching was such a long standing thing I figured it wasn't really a fixable bug. It's been in RFC since I started playing it on BTS's launch. Normally I'd just save and reload. Preferably from desktop as that has a tendency to not cause as many issues.

I could confirm that there's something about music that related to game crashing to desktop. When I quit from the city management interface and back to the map, the music should also change from "street sound" back to the soundtrack. But for a small chance, it will stuck and then CTD. Though it might be just some memory problems on my computer, it could support the assumption that music is possible to cause CTD problems in Civ4 engine.

def triggerCrisis(iPlayer):
if not player(iPlayer).isHuman() and not bFall:
# with no overexpansion at all, just have a domestic crisis (once until back at shaky again)
if not data.players[iPlayer].bDomesticCrisis and data.players[iPlayer].lStabilityCategoryValues[0] <= 0:
domesticCrisis(iPlayer)
return

# collapse to core if controlling cities outside of core
if cities.core(iPlayer).owner(iPlayer) < cities.owner(iPlayer):
collapseToCore(iPlayer)
return
Is the marked code from stability.py working as the comment? From my knowledge, it means that if you have overextension, you will trigger domestic crisis. Go forword to 1200AD to see a huge Seljuk Empire from Anatolia to Dunhuang that never shrink to core.

Every respawned civilization is at peace with barbs. Someone had reported that barbarian Oromos don't attack Ethiopia, and that's the same issue.

* Note 1: From my debugging, it should be corrected that, every civilization respawned as a new slot will peace with barbs. For example, Tamil and Ethiopia don't exist in 600AD start, so they don't take a slot. But they may respawn at some point. Their slot will be appended after existing ones. (Assuming that there's enough slot for respawn)

* Note 2: I didn't find any problem in respawn codes. They intend to make peace with everyone except barbs. So the only possibility is that barbs are default to be at peace with a new introduced slot. There might be a code to set them at war, but the code doesn't work on the respawn case.

Last edited:
Not a huge deal as much later in the game Barbs are almost nonexistent.

Can you upload a save for this?

When does this happen?
Basically whenever you switch to any CIV you won't be able to demand gold and game will ignore your selected settings as well.

Also, found another bug. I wasn't able to settle a city in Anatolia while playing as Rome, thus being unable to achieve the UHV. Save game attached.

I was at least 2 tiles away from any existing city and could build any city anywhere but in Anatolia.

Another thing caught my attention when trying to reconquer and bombard a city that flipped to a new born civ, the walls defense did not drop from 100%/50% (in cities with castle and walls, respectively), whereas any other city that was built by their civ could be bombarded. Is that intended or a bug?

Attachments

• Settler bug Rome 300AD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    528 KB · Views: 3
I think in both cases you encountered the birth protection rules. You cannot found cities on birth protected tiles, and you cannot reduce the defenses of birth protected cities. Please check the tooltip for "Birth of Byzantium" (or whatever the civ may be). This should also explain why it works and some times and not others.

I think in both cases you encountered the birth protection rules. You cannot found cities on birth protected tiles, and you cannot reduce the defenses of birth protected cities. Please check the tooltip for "Birth of Byzantium" (or whatever the civ may be). This should also explain why it works and some times and not others.

You do not know how much rage i felt when my 2nd UHV got ****ed by it. Thankfully Roman Roads saved me and i was able to settle sooner.

I've been testing France's 1700 AD game and have noticed a weird bug. If I advance one or several turns, save and reload, this resets the notification that I've completed the first "Legendary culture in Paris" UHV (and puts the "goal accomplished" counter at the current year). This would just be a minor annoyance but now that I've completed the second UHV I get new turns of Golden Age whenever this happen.

Attachments

• Napoleon AD-1808 Turn 357.CivBeyondSwordSave
    980.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 25
You always get a Golden Age when you finish two UHVs. That should be normal, if you are playing on Marathon (8 turns x 3).

Top Bottom