Bug Reports and Technical Issues

When playing on Epic, the name of the second Islamic URV just says something like TXT_KEY_ISL_URV_2_EPIC or somesuch.

Russian Uralsk has to be on the Ural river, not Volga. I have seen this issue for years now.

You can always set your language to English to play the mod. Unfortunately I cannot keep up with translating while developing the mod, especially since I'm not nearly confident enough in my French to translate myself.

The new git could help with that. ;)

Please, how do I get rid of this? (I mean that Bug options lines), thanks

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 93
Is there a file at this location?

Okay, that's odd, it is empty for me. Maybe it needs to be disabled in the BUG settings.

No idea, will look into the mod soon.

Or you could try editing the security settings for the file in Windows Explorer - perhaps the mod can't overwrite it.

Technical issue with installing the new 1.13 version.

I selected installing all additional modules and I had 8 installation errors when attempting to extract some of the VD files.

Attached are snippets of the 2 main errors. (The total number of errors were 8 - 4 errors for each unit. Each file going from #1 - 4.)

I count 14 file folder levels :eek: I bet that's a problem? 3 or 4 years ago I remember reading something about multiple file levels and after a certain number either windows or the games themselves have difficulty finding the files necessary.

Anyway, I selected "ignore" for all 8.
My question then is: Am I correct to assume that means until I can install these files manually (I just have to find those files in the main Civ 4 creation and customation forum, right?) the game will probably crash if a damaged Italian Ship of the Line moves into my line of sight?

Attachments

• Installation error 1.JPG
    Installation error 1.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Installation error 5.JPG
    Installation error 5.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 48
OK Leoreth, no need to look, Cudfather's hint was successful, I manually edited the security setting of Autolog and it dissappeared, thanks to both of you!

I once had a similar issue and I can remember how annoying it was. Glad it helped :)

@sercer: you could probably "fix" the issue by copying a different model file (say, a Spanish damaged SotL) and giving it the proper name in the proper folder.

@sercer: you could probably "fix" the issue by copying a different model file (say, a Spanish damaged SotL) and giving it the proper name in the proper folder.

I may just have to do that. My first attempt to find a specific "Italian Ship of the Line" was unsuccessful. But I have to try 3 times before I give up :D

Or you could try editing the security settings for the file in Windows Explorer - perhaps the mod can't overwrite it.
OK Leoreth, no need to look, Cudfather's hint was successful, I manually edited the security setting of Autolog and it dissappeared, thanks to both of you!
Good to know for the future.

Technical issue with installing the new 1.13 version.

I selected installing all additional modules and I had 8 installation errors when attempting to extract some of the VD files.

Attached are snippets of the 2 main errors. (The total number of errors were 8 - 4 errors for each unit. Each file going from #1 - 4.)

I count 14 file folder levels :eek: I bet that's a problem? 3 or 4 years ago I remember reading something about multiple file levels and after a certain number either windows or the games themselves have difficulty finding the files necessary.
That was my first reaction as well, but I also don't know any details. Maybe you have to look up how your OS handles this.

Anyway, I selected "ignore" for all 8.
My question then is: Am I correct to assume that means until I can install these files manually (I just have to find those files in the main Civ 4 creation and customation forum, right?) the game will probably crash if a damaged Italian Ship of the Line moves into my line of sight?
If you're lucky, there'll be a pink blob. Unlucky, and it's a crash, yes.

Have you used VD before without problems? In that case, I'm currently in the process of uploading the modules to Git, which comes with a free option to download them as zip files. It should be possible to deselect VD in the installer and install it manually afterwards.

That was my first reaction as well, but I also don't know any details. Maybe you have to look up how your OS handles this.
Ok I found that it IS the "file path too long" error I was thinking because when I tried to manually install the appropriate file in the indicated path, I got an error that said something like that. I'll search the Microsoft Windows website for a possible solution to this problem ...
If you're lucky, there'll be a pink blob. Unlucky, and it's a crash, yes.
So, I tried to play a game as Italy and build a Ship of the Line and damage it against a few Spanish and English Galleons :evil: but after going through a couple stages of damage from as little as 2 hit points left to as many as 78 hit points the game did not err. In fact, not even a pink blob. Even rotating the SotL in every 8 directions did not cause a crash (actually now that I think of it, I don't know why that was even necessary, I was just trying to be thorough.)

So it must be something else?
Maybe the "Italian Ship of the Line" unit which is in the Varietas Delectas unit art is not the actual Italian Ship of the Line which Dawn of Civilization uses? I'm out of my element here as I do not know enough about how the game gathers it's resources (or "assets" I guess) and displays them graphically in the game.
Have you used VD before without problems?
I have not used VD before just now.

One weird thing I noticed while digging around the game files: The only art installed in the VD folder is for Italy. Or at least, it's named "Italian (whatever)" should that be the case?

Random question. In citynamemanager.py, I do not actually see any entries for Canada, Polynesia, etc. Have the city coordinate maps been moved to elsewhere in the code? I am curious because I sometimes (obsessively) look at the settler map and the rename lists.

Maybe the "Italian Ship of the Line" unit which is in the Varietas Delectas unit art is not the actual Italian Ship of the Line which Dawn of Civilization uses? I'm out of my element here as I do not know enough about how the game gathers it's resources (or "assets" I guess) and displays them graphically in the game.
No idea either, I have never tried to understand how VD wires everything together, it's just way too big for that.

One weird thing I noticed while digging around the game files: The only art installed in the VD folder is for Italy. Or at least, it's named "Italian (whatever)" should that be the case?
That looks like something went wrong there. Apparently what is missing is some of the stuff that you skipped during the installation.

Random question. In citynamemanager.py, I do not actually see any entries for Canada, Polynesia, etc. Have the city coordinate maps been moved to elsewhere in the code? I am curious because I sometimes (obsessively) look at the settler map and the rename lists.
Canada uses English city names. But Polynesia should be in there.

Hi all, so far I played the new version 1.13 I encounter couple of issues:

played only Russia so far on highest difficulty and marathon game type:

1st game:

3000 BC start:
China got Liberalism in 600 AD (rifles and mounted units)
Persia own almoust whole North Africa, whole Greece, Arabia and so on
every other civilization is in early middle age time

Tried to play this game, it was really impossible :)

2nd game:

3000 BC start
China didn't researched liberalism yet, but the apparently they prove that earth is globe, they have rifles.
Persia destroyed, china is only hegemony on the earth.
tried to play until mongols have born, they invaded my Russian territory but immediately they retreat to with they armies to eastern Asia to fight Chinese but lost in few turns after.

3rd game:

600 AD start:

I have had great start, in St. Peterburg got event where I received great scientist and also on my wheat just north of Samara I received extra money on plot, also I managed to steel 2 workers from independent nations, razed Samarkand and managed to capture Kiev without mayor loses, sent the spy to contact Mali. and started to built an army in Samara and Kiev. Everything went great, just do research was slow, I managed to focus mongols only on Samara, where I destroyed 2 of their 3 armies. Someone apparently English managed to prove that earth is globe in 1200 AD (bit early isn't it? ) Mongols captured Constantinople, so in few turns I conquered. Poland invade my country and I pushed them back. At this time i researched my first technology which was Guilds, when i wanted to trade it almost everyone had it already. Only Mali didn't have had it, I could not trade with eastern Asia. Played few turns more until like 1350, where I went to would builder and noticed that everyone is really ahead with technology and France, England and Spain have large colonies in new world some of them already have had astronomy (while I was still researching my second technology), my economy was good and research rate was at 80% with library in every city and focusing on great scientist. According to what I see holy roman is about to get Curaisers and invade my territory and I am still 15 turns away from researching gunpowder.

did someone else encountered similar issues?

was difficulty somehow changed?

I am always playing this marathon/paragon games and new encountered similar problems on 1.12

Ill try this weekend same setting but with Incas, and will update when they invaded my territory.

Thanks for reading this and all responses, maybe is not in right tread so please move it, and I apologize for my English aswell :) good luck and thanks for all the work you guys did on this mod.

Top Bottom