Bug Reports and Technical Issues

There seems to be something massively screwy with tech cost in my Japan game.
Examples
Advanced Flight costs 11812 whereas the next tech, flight, costs 4567
Superconductors costs 14764 whereas the next tech, genetics costs 4410

Could it be 3 civs are willing to trade genetics? And most likely you got the order of flight and advanced flight incorrect :)

Does the Canada's Down of Men music feature wrong (Viking) tune? I heard some strange throat noises, very atypical for the civilized country of the Great White North.

Could it be 3 civs are willing to trade genetics? And most likely you got the order of flight and advanced flight incorrect :)
No, the latter one is Stealth
Does the Canada's Down of Men music feature wrong (Viking) tune? I heard some strange throat noises, very atypical for the civilized country of the Great White North.

Obviously the music should be something performed by Rush

The "Dawn of a civilization" music is the selected leader's diplo music. Though I agree that it should be changed.

Strategy part for CERN still talks about Oxford.

I played a game since the last SVN update and my game is crashing a lot. First, it crashed as soon as a diplomacy leaderhead was displayed, but later that problem went away, I saved my game this night, but when I loaded my game today, an error prevented me from starting playing. I saw my empire on the screen, but no menus or minimap, and the game crashed after a while. What could cause this problem?

I was playing a roman game, when the game crashed... and reloading didn't change that, everytime I try, it crashes!
EDIT : it's svn 1000

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar Iron Age Turn 385.CivBeyondSwordSave
    328.9 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for the save. Can you report what you did that triggered the crash? Or was it during the AI's turn?

Not to happy about being right on that one, but good to know. Will look at it as soon as I can. That crash will definitely be fixed before going into release.

Happy to have you on board!

Crashing :( Apparently during AI turn.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1544 Turn 444.CivBeyondSwordSave
    829.4 KB · Views: 97
Thanks, noted.

Hello.
How i can cancel all of the victory conditions and have no limits of turns? Is that possible?

Hello.
How i can cancel all of the victory conditions and have no limits of turns? Is that possible?

Hi and welcome to the forum :hatsoff:

To edit victory conditions and turn limits and such you need to be able to customize the scenario on hand. To do this you have to find the file named "RFC Dawn of Civilization" configuration settings file. This should be located in the following folder location:

(Drive where you installed the game)\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization

Open the file and immediately his "Save As." In the save window you have 2 lines to edit: The first line "File name" type: RFC Dawn of Civilization Original.ini
The second line "Save as type" select the option "All files"
And then hit save.

Keep that file open and then open a completely new "notepad" file
Copy all the text from the "original" file and paste it into the new notepad file.
Then in the new file find the lines that read:

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 1

If you can't find them then you need to add those lines to the new file yourself.
My lines are right after "NoCustomAssets = 1" and before "; Scenario file (Single Player)" near the beginning of the file

Of course, you must modify your line to read "NoCustomScenario = 0"

Last, save the new file (you must hit "save as" again)
Save it into the same location that your original file was in. And again you need to name the file name: RFC Dawn of Civilization.ini
And change save as type to: All files

Hit save and then you're good to go.

To keep your Dawn of Civilization folders from getting too cluttered you can remove the "RFC Dawn of Civilization Original.ini" to a safe place (like your desktop or to some backup location so you can retrieve the file if you need to revert back to the original) but my GUESS is that it's not necessary.

Top Bottom