Bug Reports and Technical Issues

...To keep your Dawn of Civilization folders from getting too cluttered you can remove the "RFC Dawn of Civilization Original.ini" to a safe place (like your desktop or to some backup location so you can retrieve the file if you need to revert back to the original) but my GUESS is that it's not necessary.

Thanks!

In the late game, if you ask an AI for a resource you have duplicates of, ie. trading company/corporation resources, the AI demands exorbiant prices for them, often demanding most of your resources and hundreds of gold per turn for just one. I'm assuming this is not WAD.

Save attached, just ask any AI for a corporation resource. I asked Bolivar of Colombia for his dye and he demanded far too much.

Attachments

• Abbas I AD-1881-January Turn 1146.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
I hope all those crashes share the same cause.

So I am systematically going through the Civilopedia to take note of what exactly I want to change for my Grand Rebalance Mod, and noticed that buildings no longer note which unique buildings replace them, even though this is still the case for units, and it was listed for both in Vanilla. I doubt the removal of this was intentional (though honestly at this point I wouldn't put it past you to purposefully make things harder for me), which is why I am posting this here. This is in the current Git version.

Loading up my old Watermill rebalance mod (You remember the one? I oh so miss the time when my biggest grievance with DoC was the slight underpoweredness of a single inconsequential improvement!) which is based on 1.12 it seems it has been this way since 1.12 at least. Any ideas why this is? Is this possibly related to the absence of the Settings tab in the F8 screen? (Which is still missing btw.)

Crashing :( Apparently during AI turn.

Hope this helps.
Pressed end turn twice and didn't run into a crash. Did you do anything else before ending your turn?

Could the Stability maps in Info Screen add-on be causing this? If not, what do you suggest me to do to fix this?

It could. Otherwise, maybe try reducing the load on your memory? Background processes and the like.

Good afternoon,
I like very much RFC, so I decided to download this similar scenario. I installed it in the good folder, but when I want to load them in the game, Civilization starts again, but nothing happens and I cannot use this mod.
Do you have a solution to this problem ?

Did you try double clicking on the public maps ? Sometimes it works.

You know what would also be great? If the resolution didn't keep resetting to my previously beloved one every single time I start the game, forcing me to waste ten minutes on finding the least evil of the other resolutions whenever I want to start playing. On the plus side I found that adjusting the field of view does wonders for seeing all tiles in city screens, so I now have a few more not completely atrocious options in the resolution department.

Have you updated the game to BtS 3.19? You have to do it manually.

I have just downloaded the last version of the game and the mod runs. But when I acceed to it, thre isn't any text on the buttons and I cannot play, when I choose the scenario button (without text) and I load any scenario, there is a message box where anything is written ...

That sounds like your language is set to something other than English. Unfortunately, the mod only supports English so far.

You can always set your language to English to play the mod. Unfortunately I cannot keep up with translating while developing the mod, especially since I'm not nearly confident enough in my French to translate myself.

Top Bottom