Bug Reports and Technical Issues

First off, I wanted to say that this mod looks amazing, good job. I downloaded it and have been trying to get it to run for the past few days unsuccessfully. When I load it up, all I can see is the RFC cover art with the Earth with lights on it, and I hear the soundtrack. Only, I can’t see the buttons. They’re still there because when I press where they should be, the menu presumably progresses. Once I blindly even started a game as Egypt where there was no buttons, only the map. I was able to build my city, change tiles worked, and move my warrior.
I have tried some things that I read like making sure that the language was English and that the game and mod were the newest updated versions. My computer is old (Dell Dimension 8300, Windows XP) but it has been running Civ 2 and 4 with RFC and Civilizations in Abundance for years. I have also tried deleting and re downloading the mod several times. Is there anything else that I can try?
Thanks again for making this great looking mod.

Moderator Action: Moved the post to an appropriate thread.

That sounds a lot like you have your game set to a language other than English. The mod unfortunately does not support any other languages, it should work after you've switched to English.

Victoria greets people in 600 AD scenario after the birth of English...

Victoria greets people in 600 AD scenario after the birth of English...
Just encountered the bug behind this as well, fix will be up soon.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, I'm new to all this forum stuff. But I definitely have it in English. I tried changing it to French just now to see what that would do, but it was actually easier to click around because in French it had the boxes where the options would be and the sideways arrows.

Is your game patched to BtS 3.19?

It says "Civ Version: 319 Save Version: 302 Build Version: 3.1.9.0 (128100)" so I believe it is

I just updated to the latest git version and now I'm getting a bunch of event handler errors. I tried deleting DoC and recloning the repository again and same problem. The game seems to be working ok though.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 658
Yes, it's the new civ names module, fix is in the works.

Ok cool. It looks like I have no core tiles either. Is that related?
Yes, something went wrong during the setup of the game, which can interfere with other stuff that occurs at that point such as initilializing everyone's core territory.

The fixes are up now.

Could my error be related to graphics or the capabilities of the computer, or are the requirements the same as RFC?

It could be, but this is an odd way for them to manifest themselves. Can you upload a screenshot so I can better visualize what is going on?

I can press where buttons should be and the words at the top go away in the next menu screen.
I probably cant get the Egypt part again because that was just lucky clicking.

Images uploaded to google mail are not publicly visible, you can just append them to your post here instead.

I assume you're still working on the new dynamic names system, but it seems like all vassals have their pre-settlement "X Peoples" dynamic name (e.g. Portugal under Spain).

Also, did something happen to the code which restores AI capitals to the original if it's recaptured? I'm seeing things like England having Newcastle as their capital while holding London or Korea having Sariwon as their capital while holding Hanseong. I think it might be a case of civs respawning but not getting their proper capitals.

I'm having some troubles putting it on. It's literally just the Earth with the clouds and lights animation and the "Rhye's and Fall..." text in fancy letters across the top. Nothing else.

Thanks for the bugfixes!

I have a question about an exploit using an autosave. Basically when game asks you for flip you can say yes, restart the game using the autosave of the very same turn -- and your cities stay with you, while no war or sour relations are in effect with that newborn civ. Is there any way to ban this exploit?

Top Bottom