Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I actually do update the installer version if the bug is so severe that it affects a large number of games or causes a crash under common conditions. This has happened once since 1.13. Your issue is likely one of those - that's why I was asking in the first place.

And by the way, even if you are not using Git, you can always download the current state of the repository as a ZIP from the Github page. The only thing you're losing is compression and the comfort of the installer.

Bug free releases are not really feasible because there is no QA process that could take place before releasing it. And if I was to kill one way to release the mod it would be the packaged installer, obviously.

I did a "run as administrator" after a long process of finding that whole account. And now it works! Amazing mod! Thanks for the help

Good to hear. Enjoy playing!

I don't remember anymore to be honest.

Ok, so, sorry for bugging you, but I did not know you could download the files without installing Github (or whatever it's called)

So I can download 1.13.2 zip and manually replace 1.13 then? I will try that. Hopefully I don't screw anything up.

I know bug-free is unfeasible, I just didn't know how else to voice my confusion with this process.
Hopefully now that I'm at least clicking around on the Git website and poking my nose into places it maybe shouldn't be I will be able to understand a little bit more.

Yeah, that should work. You will pointlessly have to download all the art again but that should not cause any problems.

(Or better, wait for v1.13.3 to come online soon.)

You mean for the VD and EC stuff?
It should all still be there if I merge what I currently have (1.13 + VD + EC) with what I just downloaded 1.13.2 right?

And if I run into more problems then I'll look to see what 1.13.3 (or later) has to offer.
As long as they don't break save-game data. And if I miss it, I can still go back to previous versions etc ... I think I can handle this.

Not sure how the interaction with the submodules would work out.

If you're only looking for having the savegame bug fixed, I'll also upload a patch for v1.13.0 to that effect.

The patch is now available.

Compatible with v1.13.0 (the installer version).

"... cities have declared their independence from their foreign domination"

I am not a native English speaker but 2nd "their" sounds at least as a bad style and more likely as an incorrect or unnecessary pronoun. "... cities have declared their independence from the foreign domination" sounds better, and one does not need to guess what "their domination" means. "Their foreign domination" sounds more like "those cities' foreign domination" (whatever that means) and not like a "foreign domination over those cities".

I don't really like "from the foreign domination". How about just "from foreign domination" ?

That has always bugged me too. Even more so, triggered respawns like Iran's probably need a different message altogether.

I got 11 python exception pop-ups just now :crazyeye:

Attached is the autosave on the turn the errors happen.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1070 Turn 228.CivBeyondSwordSave
    419 KB · Views: 50
That has always bugged me too. Even more so, triggered respawns like Iran's probably need a different message altogether.

The mod does a wonderful job with historical Dawn of Men messages for each civ for every scenario. Why wouldn't we depart from the generic "foreign domination" messages to more or less historically appropriate text for every re-spawn of the same civ. Let's say in 3000 BC scenario yet another new China respawn circa 1300 AD can sound like this: " Zhu Yuanzhang, a penniless peasant and Buddhist monk joined Red Turban rebels and soon established the new Ming dynasty in China." We already have something 'non-generic" for the birth of every civ, so it is only logical to devise some re-birth semi-historical messages for each possible respawn.

In the case of the dynamic respawn mechanic that is a little bit more complicated though. I will keep it in mind when the Rise And Fall module is being rewritten.

I just kinda finished a long HRE -> Prussia game (crashed, in a hurry atm so I'll look for the reason later). Numerous bugs happened during this game, of which I can recall these:
- before the switch, I was building the Statue of Liberty in Hamburg. At Prussian spawn it was like 15-20 turns from completion. I switched, Hamburg flipped and the Statue was already built;
- Russian TXT_KEY missing at respawn;
- I held the entire Russian core. Russia respawned when another civ (Persia) that held its cities collapsed. The respawn encompassed all former Russian cities except for the core. The coreless civ lived on for 50+ turns and never collapsed;
- Britain not collapsing for 10-20 turns after losing their entire core;
- techless Canada with Warriors spawning at collapse of Britain (20th century);
- Spain requested approval for settling "???" on a Pacific isle during a congress;
- Upon agreeing to stop trading with America, a resource trade deal we had did not terminate (was still before the 10 turn mark). Then I couldn't manually cancel the deal, since the Americans refused to talk to me (I declared a war on them shortly after, but that's not really a fix.)

That was a good game, thank you Leoreth for sustaining this mod so well. Merry Christmas :)

Minor bug:
RFCUtils.py, line 285 (at def makeUnit)
The part "return unit" should be removed. It causes a pythex and the function isn't used to return something.

Slightly bigger bug:
Exclave of Mexico. (Savegame included)
Spoiler :

Both are the most recent Git version. (12045fc)

Top Bottom