• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

The trigger for the first Protestant UHV is bugged.

I aim for this victory in my actual vikings game. Researched Liberalism in 1400 AD and took Printing Press for free, founding Protestantism.
I am absolutely sure no other civ has researched Economics or Constitution (checked per WB).
Could it be a problem that I researched Liberalism before becoming Protestant?
Can you upload a save from that game, preferably before discovering Liberalism?

Thanks!

Bugged conqueror events:

In my Japs game, I had India, French was willing to trade replaceable parts & 540 gold with me, I bought it with 3 techs including economics, and it triggered their conqueror event, diplomacy ended, an army of riflemen and heavy cannon appeared near Cochin. And, I DID NOT ACQUIRE THE TECH AND MONEY, while AI French did get my 3 tech!

This game is more realistic than I thought.

Porcelain tower does not do what it advertises anymore (foreign routes, intercontinental routes).

Because there's no more intercontinental trade routes, trade routes value is calculated in another way. Any suggestion for its new effect?

+1 :commerce: in the city for every Open Border agreement you sign.

The Porcelain Tower is explicitly intended to boost internal trade routes, not reward OBs.

I think I reviewed the description once and found that it still applies, but I'm not sure why anymore. I'll look it up, but the fact that even I'm still confused is a good argument to reword it.

I think I reviewed the description once and found that it still applies, but I'm not sure why anymore. I'll look it up, but the fact that even I'm still confused is a good argument to reword it.

It sure didn't affect my trade route to Minsk (from Vladivostok) while playing as Russia.

Spoiler :

On a side note, Lincoln's/Washington's favourite religion should be Protestantism, not Catholicism. Peter's favourite civic could be changed to Naval Dominance instead of Agrarianism.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 379
Here the save game. Just one click away from Liberalism.:)
Okay, turns out only the display was wrong, because I stupidly only considered situations where either all required techs were discovered by you or by nobody, letting the game regard it as failed when you have some but not all.

Fix comes with the next commit, but you should be able to win this goal without problems.

The actual svn (4.02.15):

The AIs turn does not end (at least not after 10 minutes).:p The game does not crash to desktop or present any failure message. Just continues its turn forever. Tried three times, always the same procedure. The save game is exactly before the turns end.

Attachments

• RaF II.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
That's a known bug that I've been putting off dealing with for some time.

I bothers me that it seems to happen so often, apparently I have to do something about it soon.

Civ name missing when America become Russian vassal.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 118
How am I supposed to found Catholicism as Ethiopia? Researching Theology first apparently doesn't do anything, or to be precise it founds it one turn later with no holy city and nowhere near Africa, failing my first UHV goal even though I should have succeeded. I reloaded several times and took differing approaches including playing with the RNG, to no avail. Do I have to control Jerusalem or a city in Europe for it to work or some contrived stuff like that or is it just a bug?

Apologies if this has already been fixed, but I'm not on SVN and very frustrated because of this.

Out of order loading times. All of these have been adjusted to match nearby civilization loading times. Except for Canada, who has been lengthened by 5 minutes each time
3000 BC:
[tab] Indonesians should be 20 min
[tab] Moors should be 25 min
[tab] Poles should be 35 min
[tab] Thais should be 35 min
[tab] Canadians should be 80 min
600 AD:
[tab] Canadians should be 50 min
1700 AD:
[tab] Brazilians should be 20 min
[tab] Canadians should be 25 min

Top Bottom