Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Oh? Sorry, it seems so. I'll upload it when I can.

I keep crashing when I end my turn. Autosave before and of the crash.

EDIT: Just noticed I forgot to pull the latest version. I've since pulled and can't remember the exact version, but it's from or after the Democracy/Constitution change and before the latest one.

EDIT2: It can be loaded in the latest version and still crashes.

How do i redownload the Assets folder? and how do i update the mod when there's a new pull?
You can update the mod by right clicking the folder, hovering over Tortoise Git, pressing pull, and confirming.

You can switch branches by right clicking the folder, hovering over Tortoise Git, pressing Switch/Checkout, pressing the button with the three dots, pressing the plus button next to "remotes", selecting the name you gave to the DoC repo, selecting the branch you wish to change to, and confirming twice.

If you're concerned about the integrity of one of your local copies of a branch, you can switch to another branch, follow the steps of switcing branches but before pressing the plus button next to remotes, select "heads", right click the branch you wish to delete, press Delete Branch, and then continue as per the original instructions.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1320 Turn 253.CivBeyondSwordSave
    751.3 KB · Views: 113
  • AutoSave_AD-1330 Turn 254.CivBeyondSwordSave
    757.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
You can update the mod by right clicking the folder, hovering over Tortoise Git, pressing pull, and confirming.

You can switch branches by right clicking the folder, hovering over Tortoise Git, pressing Switch/Checkout, pressing the button with the three dots, pressing the plus button next to "remotes", selecting the name you gave to the DoC repo, selecting the branch you wish to change to, and confirming twice.

If you're concerned about the integrity of one of your local copies of a branch, you can switch to another branch, follow the steps of switcing branches but before pressing the plus button next to remotes, select "heads", right click the branch you wish to delete, press Delete Branch, and then continue as per the original instructions.
Yes but how do i redownload the Assets folder? I don't want an automated Reply, just tell me how to do it right ahead please

Yes but how do i redownload the Assets folder? I don't want an automated Reply, just tell me how to do it right ahead please
Specifically the Assets folder? Does the folder have a red circle with a white X in it? If so you can right click it, hover over Tortoise Git, click revert, and confirm.

Then go to the mods folder, right click the folder of the mod in question, hover over Tortoise Git, click revert, and confirm.
I've removed the mods' folder all together since there was "An open editor" that didn't allow me to, if i reinstall the git of the mod completely, will i have the original assets or it's tied to the account? Since i fudged up badly

I've removed the mods' folder all together since there was "An open editor" that didn't allow me to, if i reinstall the git of the mod completely, will i have the original assets or it's tied to the account? Since i ****ed up badly
If you reinstall the mod using git it will have the same files as are on the github page.

You generally cannot make changes while the mod is open in Civ 4.

If you reinstall the mod using git it will have the same files as are on the github page.

You generally cannot make changes while the mod is open in Civ 4.
I didn't have it open, i clicked git other than gitortoise
I merged the find_head branch with the develop branch before, so that's why i didn't have any assets at all, since it merged with the original, wrong version...

The Theodosian Walls wonder has been destroyed after I conquered Constantinople, even when I pay to spare the city from destruction. Attached save.

Attachments

• Mehmed II AD-1310 Turn 252.CivBeyondSwordSave
    762.2 KB · Views: 126
I came across a similar culture bug as the one in Spanish Túcume, this time in Shin'you. The save attached is from the city conquest; the borders pop like that a turn after the city is pacified.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Culture Bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
If you have pre-conquest, please upload that as well.

Code:
            # not majority culture (includes foreign core and Persian UP)
            if iPlayer != iPersia:
                if iCulturePercent < 50: iModifier += 1
                if iCulturePercent < 20: iModifier += 1

If I'm not mistaken, this also gives the Persian UP to Iran, as there is no isReborn check.
(Stability.py)

Last edited:
Some non problematic bugs:
  • Bumin's soundtrack begins with Alexander and after it comes the implemented soundtrack.
  • The dutch and the portuguese conquering ahistorical cities in 1700 scenario seems a bit wrong.
Civ4ScreenShot0146.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0152.JPG
  • Austria and Sweden still have bug name in 1700 scenario.
Civ4ScreenShot0148.JPG
  • Castilla appears very early when Inca is vassalized.
Civ4ScreenShot0142.JPG
  • In 1700 scenario, Mughal's dynamic name as a british vassal in the 16th century should be "British Raj" instead of "Dominion of Pakistan". Also, England AI doesn't have interest in conquering the other indian civilizations. After conquering or turning vassal the Mughals, England stops expanding, letting the Indian Maratha be the expansionist in the region.
Civ4ScreenShot0153.JPG
  • Brazil turns republic very early.
Civ4ScreenShot0159.JPG
  • Colombia have a mounted UU but don't have horses in your territory or close to it. Not a bug per se, but gives the UHV's the same difficulty before the implementation of the UU, because it's not easy find civilizations willing to trade horses. Anyway, you know if this is worth change now or after the completion of the new map.

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but using the "Rebuild" function on a city will not give buildings that are in the construction queue of the target city.

Spoiler Fewer Buildings on Rebuild :

upload_2019-3-17_21-11-19.png

Spoiler After Clearing Building Queue :
upload_2019-3-17_21-11-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-17_21-11-16.png
    upload_2019-3-17_21-11-16.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 153
Top Bottom