Bug Reports and Technical Issues

The next turn, 1170 AD, I prematurely make contact with the Mughals, who should be spawning in a few turns. If you look at the former Persian tiles, they all start showing themselves as Mughal instead, so there might be an issue with reassigning the civilization slot from Persia to the Mughals. (Checking worldbuilder, however, you can see all the tiles are actually still Turkic).

Attachments

• China.CivBeyondSwordSave
    817.8 KB · Views: 10
Thanks!

Jewish URV: The check mark appears for the number of settled great people when the criteria isn't met but still says not yet, and using the world builder to add them, still says not yet.
The Jewish minority URV doesn't seem to work either.

Attachments

• Pericles AD-0260 Turn 158.CivBeyondSwordSave
    453.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi there, long time lurker.
I've noticed that this mod includes the SuperSpies mod in the feature list, but spies can't get promotions or level up. Am I confusing this mod for another or is this intentional?

Edit: Upon some testing, I discovered that spies do get promotions and do level up, but the threshold for XP is just higher, with experience only getting gained on hard missions. I respectfully withdraw my comment.
I think I might tinker with XP gain values, since my Soviet Russia game had very little use of espionage due to this mistaken perception.
I will note that civic-granted XP is not granted to spies, however (conquest/theocracy), despite the tooltip showing the contrary.

Last edited:
If you have a ship in the "Rise of X" territory of another civilization, the ship will be deleted when that civilization spawns, rather than be moved to a safe location.

Attachments

• Disappearing Boat.CivBeyondSwordSave
    620.1 KB · Views: 7
With more testing, I've decided to post this in a more formal way along with a relevant save.
Issues:
1. I'm not getting any Great Spy Experience, regardless if succeeding at an offensive or defensive (through counterespionage + stationed spy in Tokyo) mission,
2. Despite conducting more than 10 missions against Japan, my spy gained no Experience. I currently have the counterespionage bonus on Korea, and the Japanese spy (sometimes) tries to pull something, but if he's caught I get nothing.
3. Despite civics listing that a Spy (capital city), the spy has no XP upon being trained.
These issues mean that spies only get XP late game, and the only way you get a Great Spy is by techs, which I don't think is intentional.
4. Besides the spy focused post, there is a spelling issue in the congress popup text. The following text in Assets > XML > Text > Congress, with the bolded text being the issue.
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CONGRESS_INTRODUCTION_AI_WAR_EXCLUDED</Tag>

<English>Congress of %s1[NEWLINE]A congress is being held while we are involved in a global war, so he haven't been invited. The fate of the world is now in the hands of the following civilizations:</English>[/H1]​

Attachments

• Wang Kon AD-1858 Turn 376 spy test.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Hey guys.

I've tried to find something similar to my issue, but I've failed. When I start the mod, Python Exception pops up (and like 50 other errors), when I skip everything, the mod starts seemingly normal, you just have to close 30 python exceptions here and there, before you can start.

When I tried to solve the issue, I found out, that the cause is the civilization4.ini file. When I delete this file, the game starts perfectly fine. But when the game starts, the .ini file creates automatically, so the issue repeats itself, when I start the mod once again. I found the "HidePythonExceptions = 0" line, and it seems like changes get overwritten when I start the mod via shortcut, and I still get all of those errors. Or I don't understand, how it's supposed to work (probably the second option :D).

Civ itself works perfectly.

It's not like it's unplayable in both cases (deleting the .ini file every time and just accepting the fact I have to close billions of error messages), it's just annoying. It's probably something very stupid and obvious, so I hope that someone knows a solution, or it's something I have to bear with. :crazyeye:

Thx for the great mod, still coming back to it after 6 years.

Attachments

• python exc.png
    python exc.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 21
What you are doing is just hiding the error messages, but the error itself still occurs. Even if you can continue playing after the error, it's likely that something is going wrong in the background that will impact your game experience in other ways.

Please share the error with me so I can look into it. Preferably, also include a save from the turn before the error is triggered. If there are too many error messages, you can also find them all in the PythonErr.log file in the games Logs folder, right next to where your saves are located.

What you are doing is just hiding the error messages, but the error itself still occurs. Even if you can continue playing after the error, it's likely that something is going wrong in the background that will impact your game experience in other ways.

Please share the error with me so I can look into it. Preferably, also include a save from the turn before the error is triggered. If there are too many error messages, you can also find them all in the PythonErr.log file in the games Logs folder, right next to where your saves are located.

As I tried to say, the issue is occurring not during the game, but rather when the mod starts. One error message was attached in the previous post, and I also attached a couple more as an example, but I'm not sure about how useful they are.

Historical Victories aren't loading properly, I receive one error for each civ there is. And a bunch of errors when the game starts.

The Python Exception errors were the case for as long as I played the mod, I got used to that, it's that I've never seen such issues before. It also seems like the mod is crushing more than it used to.

My thought is the wrong installation or I simply missing something. Simple reinstallation doesn't help. I will try once again, though.

Attachments

• Bunch of Errors.png
    Bunch of Errors.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Historical Victory.png
    Historical Victory.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 15.png
    15.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 17
  • dgoals.png
    dgoals.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 19
Ok, I found the issue.

It was just the official Russian localization, that came up in the build that was causing the issue. It somehow conflicts with the mod or something. I was confused because until now this build was playable.

Clean installation from Steam works perfectly. I really feel like an idiot now. Sorry for bothering, thanks for your replies :D

Oh, yes. The mod supports EFIGS languages only.

More spy shenanigans.
Turns out there is nothing broken with gaining great spy experience, only with normal spies.
Mission XP seems to be broken, as sometimes the same mission with the same success change against the same target has fluctuating XP yields.
I’ll be able to post this later today at home, but I tested missions vs a neighboring city for several turns, at best gaining 1 XP on a success. After no less than 15 missions, I got 1/5th progress on the great spy meter, and maybe three spies to level 2.
The most consistent XP farming mission is city revolt and civics change.
I think this problem can be solved easily by editing XP yields on mission.

Not to beat on this drum too hard, but tech paces in my games are still wild. For example, in this Colombia game America built the Internet in 1932. I'm usually playing Regent/Marathon.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1932-July Turn 1249.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
Dutch seem to get conquerors in Anatolia and declare war to capture my (Egyptian) city there. In turn 454 they are already spawned. I tried to reload 3 turns before it and play until this point (turn 453) but it did not happen this time.

Attachments

• Ramesses II AD-1584 Turn 454.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Ramesses II AD-1580 Turn 453.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
When playing with Korea, the rebirth of China doesn't have moved my units in conquered Beijing back to my cities, instead some of them where just expelled to closest uncontrolled tile and other have flipped to the chinese. Also, China have reborn in an already state of war with me which I don't know what caused it. After this, an pop up window show up saying to choose between let the chinese flip my conquered Beijing in peace or fight for it.

Attachments

• Wang Kon AD-1495 Turn 280 (China rebirth and DoW).CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Wang Kon AD-1545 Turn 290 (Another China rebirth aand DoW).CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but while playing Arabs, the Ottomans spawned in their spawn date without there being current Mongolian or Turkic control over their core (Independent and Arabic-controlled cities). Is this in violation of their spawning conditions, or is having Turkic 'culture' enough?

Attachments

• Saladin AD-1280 Turn 384 Turkish spawn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    776.9 KB · Views: 4
The condition for the Ottoman spawn is that the Turks have ever made it into western Asia (not sure what the exact area is right now). They do not have to make it all the way to Anatolia and they do not have to be in control of that area during the time of the Ottoman spawn.

Top Bottom