Bug Reports and Technical Issues

The arab came and I got a war and now it is stuck like this for like 8 turns now. The city can't expand for some reason cause maybe the culture is mostly arab outside, but no arab city is even near.
Can you upload a save from before the flip?

Ashame my autosaves not go that far back, but I tried removing culture in the square to zero for Arabs and it didn't work, neither getting new culture size larger change anything.

Unfortunately without a save I cannot do anything to address this. Please assume that whenever you find something to report, the turn before that situation occurs is always useful as a save to sumbit along with it.

After the turks declare war on me suddently they have captured Hasanlu without killing its defenders. I believe that this has been caused by an conqueror spawn in the city tile. Also, every time, some turns after their rise, the Turks declare war to me. Is that intended? Save attached (Just end the turn to see the bug).

Petra should be Al-Battra under arabian control.
Screenshot_107.png
Moors begin with Yaqub as leaderhead, instead of Abd-ar-Rahman. But after few turns it returns to Abd-ar-Rahman leaderhead.
Screenshot_103.png

Attachments

• Cyrus AD-0590 Turn 180.CivBeyondSwordSave
    515.7 KB · Views: 8
Got python error and empty screen while playing Polynesia and trying to go World Builder -> Player Data.

Spoiler Traceback :

Code:
File "CvScreensInterface", line 654, in handleInput
File "CvPlatyBuilderScreen", line 2500, in handleInput
File "WBPlayerScreen", line 95, in interfaceScreen
File "WBPlayerScreen", line 178, in placeStats

AttributeError: GameData instance has no attribute 'isCivEnabled'
ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface

Error reason: isCivEnabled was removed in commit "Use custom map to implement RFC scenarios and limit slots to 32" (50cda761aaebbc77c3d32b1b76085bf022ba7a9a)
Temporary fix: Remove or comment all code in lines 175-181 from file WBPlayerScreen.py

I've been settled in the carribean for 70 yrs and the settler goal is marked completed.
England founds savannah next turn and I lose....

Attachments

• Isabella AD-1535 Turn 288.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 9
Yes is a bug, even building a city with WB in Florida near them makes you lose weird enough, so it is not related to location.

Unfortunately without a save I cannot do anything to address this. Please assume that whenever you find something to report, the turn before that situation occurs is always useful as a save to sumbit along with it.

I found out the squares lack culture for Rome when they outside the direct small square adding 1 culture in them makes them claimed, unsure why they not getting culture there anymore.

PS:"The Vikings are pope, but I don't get any elections or anything, popping up. I did build the Apostolic Palace before I was Catholic so maybe that is why? I went from Orthodox>Muslim>Catholic for a couple of wonders and fun.

Last edited:
Yes, I already have an idea what the reason is, but without a save I cannot identify the cause nor verify that my fix addresses it.

It seems related to when a flipzone takes all the previous culture, like 2000 and make it the local culture then your own culture can never increase in those tiles. I got a pre-French flip save here, I did move the cities out of the way cause tiles issues, been more playing around with this game in the WB lol. It is one of the two, I been tinkering down the culture in the saves here and there seeing if I reduce it to zero if it changes or adding numbers.

These are some autosaves, one of them is before the other during the flip I think.

Also cities in the cores the last one can never be conquered as I found out with Babylon, and the spanish one now, though the moors one I put outside the core can be conquered.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0752 Turn 297.CivBeyondSwordSave
    712.8 KB · Views: 6
  • AutoSave_AD-0760 Turn 298.CivBeyondSwordSave
    719.7 KB · Views: 9
Yeah something weird I declare war on the Arab and then get messages units are removed from territory. and he gets over 60 free units, this is in late 700's, so after their protection. Save is from before declaring.

Attachments

• Roman.CivBeyondSwordSave
    729.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Arabunits.jpg
    Arabunits.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 25
It seems related to when a flipzone takes all the previous culture, like 2000 and make it the local culture then your own culture can never increase in those tiles. I got a pre-French flip save here, I did move the cities out of the way cause tiles issues, been more playing around with this game in the WB lol. It is one of the two, I been tinkering down the culture in the saves here and there seeing if I reduce it to zero if it changes or adding numbers.

These are some autosaves, one of them is before the other during the flip I think.

Also cities in the cores the last one can never be conquered as I found out with Babylon, and the spanish one now, though the moors one I put outside the core can be conquered.
This is normal and intended.

I've been settled in the carribean for 70 yrs and the settler goal is marked completed.
England founds savannah next turn and I lose....

In a recent Viking game I played the same problem occurs. The Viking's settle first city in north america goal becomes unchecked upon another colonial civ settling there.

Sounds like it is set to be the only one colonial power to settle Americas before that year?

Some python exceptions have show up. I believe this is conected with the roman conqueror event in north africa.
Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_4.png Screenshot_6.png

Cities belonging to the romans in the southwestern side of the Nile river and the west tiles of the oasis close to Alexandria doesn't flip to the byzantines, which historically should flip to them.
Screenshot_8.png

Some civilizations show up in the list of civilizations before been born. Saves attached.
Screenshot_10.png

Attachments

• Ezana AD-1120 BUG Turn 233.CivBeyondSwordSave
    822 KB · Views: 9
  • Ezana AD-1130 BUG Turn 234.CivBeyondSwordSave
    841.9 KB · Views: 9
Those bugs related in my experience to units improperly relocating back home, or maybe failed spawns.

Left of Egypt always stays with the West Roman empire, in history they shouldn't but in my runthroughs they never do. 1 spot left of Alexandria stays Roman. So Byzantium gets Egypt/Palestine/Mesopotamia but only if Rome holds it else not.

That last is... wth.

Attachments

• Romanempire.png
    Romanempire.png
    824.7 KB · Views: 30
Some python exceptions have show up. I believe this is conected with the roman conqueror event in north africa.
View attachment 629519 View attachment 629520 View attachment 629521 View attachment 629522 View attachment 629523

Cities belonging to the romans in the southwestern side of the Nile river and the west tiles of the oasis close to Alexandria doesn't flip to the byzantines, which historically should flip to them.
View attachment 629524

Some civilizations show up in the list of civilizations before been born. Saves attached.
View attachment 629547
Just to make sure, is the save from before the flip?

Just to make sure, is the save from before the flip?
No. It's about the bug of civilizations that have not born yet but show up in the civilization's list some turns before this happens. If you need some save from before the byzantine flip, I can send here too.

No. It's about the bug of civilizations that have not born yet but show up in the civilization's list some turns before this happens. If you need some save from before the byzantine flip, I can send here too.
Yes please. I assumed one of the two saves was about that.

Top Bottom