Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's way more annoying when a city-state settlers can't find a good location to settle and end up just wandering around for the rest of the game. On a completely unrelated note, you get -10 resting-point with all citystates by grabbing that settler. :D

Depends. Sometimes I want to increase MIN_CITY_RANGE to 4 or 5 (makes for a heck of a game on a large/huge map with the better maneuvering performance of G's AI.... hello true battlefields!), and in the case of a value of 5, the vanilla code did not let the AI CS settlers move from their spawning positions, and all those who happened to spawn 4 tiles apart (which happens in most cases), just did not settle at all... that was far worse than the case you present.

This is bug or something? AI spams with fishing boats without need.

Spoiler :

Does anyone else have problems with bonuses that let your workers work faster? Neither Civil Engineers nor Pyramids bonus work for me in 7-15(2) version.

No problem for me at all, liberty along with pyramids reduced the time it took a worker to build a mine from 8 turns to 6, which is about 50% faster.

From FireTuner:

Code:
LeaderHeadRoot: This is the modded InfoTooltipInclude from CBP
Runtime Error: D:\Users\Gamer\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Balance Patch (7-15v2)\Modular Elements\ArchaeologistUIMods\MiniMapPanel.lua:23: attempt to index field 'MinimapPanel' (a nil value)
AdvisorInfoPopup: Closing Advisor Info
Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
Demographics: Dequeuing demographics

Additionally i'm seeing huge cities owned by civ 63 (Barbarians) when I combine Barbarian Lands with CBP + CSD. I have no idea why, but it doesn't happen normally.

Edit: Taking out the invisible building for Barbarians helped, but I am still seeing a snowbound city at size 12 which makes no sense.

Barbarians still not spawning in 7-15v2... no uninvited guests yet though, although that could just be because the Netherlands aren't in this game

Barbarians still not spawning in 7-15v2... no uninvited guests yet though, although that could just be because the Netherlands aren't in this game

Doubtful re: Netherlands being the issue. Barbarians spawn perfectly fine for me. Sounds like a mod conflict with the 'assign starting plots' stuff.

G

No, I meant uninvited guests as in civs popping up for dialogue without having met you beforehand.

If that's the case I'll try disabling Culturally Linked Start Locations and see if that helps. It doesn't work with other mods that modify that file anyway :/

cache cleared? LUA folders deleted as per instructions? Moduserdata folder cleared?

I actually went back and realized that I deleted the wrong LUA file.

It all seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.

(Now to get acquainted with this layout.)

No problem for me at all, liberty along with pyramids reduced the time it took a worker to build a mine from 8 turns to 6, which is about 50% faster.

Just, to clarify, in case someone thinks that that is just 25% less time, it is but the bonuses state "improve speed".

Improving the speed of something 50% (3/2 of the original speed) reduces the time a 33% (2/3 of the original time).

Not sure of its a bug, since it has to do with when the mod's not in use. When your playing a normal non-modded game, and you're using the modded UI, the descriptions for all the buildings can't be displayed. Is the only way to fix this to remove the UI folder from the DLC folder, or is it possible to use the UI in non-modded games?

As far as playing with the mod the only thing i noticed is the hammer icon has been replaced with the apple icon.

Doubtful re: Netherlands being the issue. Barbarians spawn perfectly fine for me. Sounds like a mod conflict with the 'assign starting plots' stuff.

G

I am playing my first 7-15v2, and I was startled to see not a single barb encampment (with Raging Barbs checked yes), until 880AD. Normally I'd see them much earlier, as in, when cruising around looking for a good place for a 2nd city. Meant no wandering barbs really.

There were however LOTS of barbarian horde events for city states (and barbs would wander away from such strongholds to bug the neighbours). More horde events than I think I've ever seen before. City states were getting gobbled up left and right. This is when I finally found out that missionaries with the heathen conversion Zealotry thing can just walk up to a barb city, convert its garrison, and insta-conquer. Probably just like in vanilla, but I was startled to see it happen (what do I do with a size 22 Hong Kong in the early medieval era... I guess watch it starve!) Not a bug, just humorous.

Mods
- all the "normal" CP, CBP, CSD, C4DF, E&D, EUI & compatibility from normal install post
- JFD's ExCE, civ packs 1 & 2, cultural diveresity
- Infoaddict
- YnAEMP v23

Not sure of its a bug, since it has to do with when the mod's not in use. When your playing a normal non-modded game, and you're using the modded UI, the descriptions for all the buildings can't be displayed. Is the only way to fix this to remove the UI folder from the DLC folder, or is it possible to use the UI in non-modded games?

As far as playing with the mod the only thing i noticed is the hammer icon has been replaced with the apple icon.

Not sure if I understand what you are saying. Are you talking about using the EUI DLC-mod with the base game without any other mods? If yes, then you have to use the original EUI, which is developed by bc1, not Gazebo.

Gazebo tweaked bc1's EUI to work with CP/CBP. The EUI you download from the CBP install page is meant to work only with CP/CBP.

Got a problem with the Civilopedia when using CP+CBP+CSD+C4DF+ML, EUI and the CBP-Compatibility (EUI Version).

When the CBP-Compatibility Patch is not active, Civilopedia behaves normally, but as soon as I activate the compatibility patch and try to access the Civilopedia from the "set up game" menu (right click on leader, tech, etc.), everything there looks like this:

Spoiler :

(I cannot click anywhere, not even close the Civilopedia, or use ESC to close it. I have to ALT+TAB to desktop, then "close window", so the ingame "back to windows" dialog pops up and I can properly exit the game)

Cache and ModUserData cleared beforehand, deleted LUA folder for CP and CBP as per install instructions, is there anything I overlooked?

Just playing a Polynesia game, I noticed my ships lost their ocean crossing capacity when they were upgraded from dromon to galleass from memory. Kind of annoying losing a UA on upgrade and having a unit get stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Hey G,

I cannot pass the next turn in the attached game. A hard crash happens always in this same turn, apparently during Portugal's turn. I would like to rescue this game as it was a great ongoing game, latest patch 7-15.

Can you take a look? Thanks,

Got a problem with the Civilopedia when using CP+CBP+CSD+C4DF+ML, EUI and the CBP-Compatibility (EUI Version).

When the CBP-Compatibility Patch is not active, Civilopedia behaves normally, but as soon as I activate the compatibility patch and try to access the Civilopedia from the "set up game" menu (right click on leader, tech, etc.), everything there looks like this:

Spoiler :

(I cannot click anywhere, not even close the Civilopedia, or use ESC to close it. I have to ALT+TAB to desktop, then "close window", so the ingame "back to windows" dialog pops up and I can properly exit the game)

Cache and ModUserData cleared beforehand, deleted LUA folder for CP and CBP as per install instructions, is there anything I overlooked?

Don't do that - EUI is only designed to work like that with the base game (as modded files aren't loaded into memory until the game is launched).

I cannot pass the next turn in the attached game. A hard crash happens always in this same turn, apparently during Portugal's turn. I would like to rescue this game as it was a great ongoing game, latest patch 7-15.

I'll look.

Just playing a Polynesia game, I noticed my ships lost their ocean crossing capacity when they were upgraded from dromon to galleass from memory. Kind of annoying losing a UA on upgrade and having a unit get stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Eh?

Great, let me know if you find a reason and can solve it... looks like a bug to me. Enabled logging but could not find anything relevant to the crash.

Great, let me know if you find a reason and can solve it... looks like a bug to me. Enabled logging but could not find anything relevant to the crash.

Can't open it because of mods - what are you using?
Edit: if you can send the crashdump that'd be more helpful.
G

Can't open it because of mods - what are you using?
Edit: if you can send the crashdump that'd be more helpful.
G

Global Relations and my little variant file (both are non-save, so should be compatible)...

No crashdump, it's a hard crash to DT, no crash file, no message, nothing... smells like dll...?

attached the GR and variants minimod for you to test. Just plug in.

Mods Enabled: CP(7-15v2), CBP(7-15v2), CBP-CF-EUI(7-15v2), C4DF(6-19), CSD(6-19), MoreLux(v155).
DLC: EUI (CBP Version) (7/15v2)

I've just captured Korea's Capital and when I hit next turn the game crashes.

I had been using CP(7-15), CBP(7-15), CBP-CF-EUI(7-15), EUI(CBP)(7/15) and upgraded to v2 for all. I reloaded the game and the crash still occurred.

Database.log shows multiple instances of the same error:

[357249.578] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes

View attachment Boudicca_0158 AD-0960.Civ5Save

View attachment Logs.7z

View attachment CvMiniDump.7z

I hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom