1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports - Post Here!

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windiz

windiz Chieftain

/// (Events and Decisions) (this error didn't happened before - so, I'm posting it right here)
    Latest CPP + CSD + C4DF + EUI + lux + Decisions _ C.Diversity
    The game crashes with decision that grant high-trained unit both in ancient and modern era. I can't track down the error with log but I'm pretty sure there are smthg wrong with that particular decision.

Attached Files:

2. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

This is probably more "that's a bummer" as opposed to a bug, but I will note it anyhow.

Indonesia's Candi building, it spawns a Pepper/Clove/Nutmeg somewhere nearby on completion. A couple of times now I have been disappointed to see nothing spawn, not even under the city.

I am currently playing a map where it's Earth and with TSL, so I've got islands, lots of islands, very few hexes of land. In at least one case I think the Candi had "no room" to spawn anything, as what looked like a clear tile later proved to have a Hidden Antiquity on it, and another clear tile turned out to have maybe Oil or Rubber or something like that. Still, the tile under the city still seemed clear (unless some day I'll discover I settled on Uranium or something).

I guess if I decided to settle on any lonely one hex islands I'd also know to forget about the special Indonesian luxuries, whether in the first place on city founding, or way later if building a Candi.

For the little it is worth, I guess an alternative way to handle free resources is for a building to simply grant them, like Slater Mill and +2 coal, or many other buildings in other mods (like JFD's ExCE, some of the tribal consulates do stuff like act as a source of Gold and Copper). Of course half the appeal of getting a spice is putting a nice plantation on it, not just having the luxury itself. *shrugs*

3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I bet it is E&D. E&D tends to crash pretty hard in the late-game, as the lua is not terribly flexible.

Same here (E&D as culprit).

E&D is not my mod, and I'm not particularly fond of LUA.

Should be spawning under city. Hmm...

G

4. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

There is probably a resource under the city already.

5. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

It's possible! Though at this point in the techs the only thing that could possibly be there is Uranium... Oil and Aluminum are already in play. Maybe I will find out later if I keep going with that game.

I may also go back to that game to check a little "two separate one tile islands with a bunch of crabs and atolls" clusters, where I ended up settling. The "tile I didn't settle" in the small settlement radius definitely got the luxury, but I'm pretty sure nothing popped under the city when the Candi was built. I was having a runaway game anyhow, 150+ happiness, +2000g per turn, stuff like that. Losing a 5th or 6th copy of an Indonesia luxury wasn't a great hardship.

6. acheronn

acheronn Chieftain

Other functions in these mods are working and most of the EUI works except building tootips and info related to buildings and their outputs. I've updated to the latest version. I still cannot figure out what I have done wrong. Please help me troubleshoot this. :confused:

7. Gazebo

You installed EUI for CBP in the DLC folder, yes? If so, you made sure to remove the non-CBP EUI folder first, right? Also, you cleared your cache?

G

8. acheronn

acheronn Chieftain

By installing, I copied the folder UI_bc1 into the DLC folder. What folder is the non-CBP EUI? I also tried clearing my cache previously. Here is a screenshot of my DLC folder:

9. Gazebo

That looks correct - place the NON-CBP EUI mod in your mods folder and enable it. It'll overwrite necessary files.

G

10. acheronn

acheronn Chieftain

Thanks for looking at this.

I presume you mean the CBP - Compatibility Files (No-EUI).

Per your instructions I disabled CBP-CF(EUI) and enabled CBP-CF(Non-EUI). It said configuring game data. I then re-enabled CBP-CF(EUI). I checked the game and the tooltips were not working.

I also tried this:

I deleted the UI_bc1 folder. Ensured LUA folders in CP and CBP were deleted. Then enabled all mods and CBP-CF(No EUI).

I ran the game and tooltips looked fine in the NON EUI version. I then disabled all mods, tested and exited the game.

I then unzippped UI_bc1 to the DLC folder. I enabled all mods including CBP-CF(EUI). I ran the game and found the tooltips for buildings not working.

MODs Folder:

:crazyeye:

11. Gazebo

You don't need both EUI and non-EUI compatibility - only use the EUI one if you are using EUI, and vice-versa.
    G

12. acheronn

acheronn Chieftain

Yes, I know that. I can only enable one at a time. Any ideas on what might be causing the problem?

13. Furkhail

Furkhail Warlord

A warrior in chieftain, with might and Drill II fighting with a mate against a barbarian.

The overview says (keeping in mind a Warrior has STR8):

Flanking Bonus: +15%
    Combat Bonus: +20%
    Bonus VS Barbarians : 85%

That should amounts to 17.6 but instead amounts to 14.4. Is something displaying wrong? Or is something bugged? Or perhaps am I calculating wrong 8+120%?

Incidently is the same force even injured. Is this a CBP feature? I notice the UA of Japan being more than that.

14. Furkhail

Furkhail Warlord

Is the UA of the Iroqueses giving them bridges before engineering on purpose or is and oversight?

15. Gazebo

Flanking, IIRC, computes a little differently than a flat % yield.

No idea, honestly. It sounds like , to me, that you may need to reinstall the CP, as it sounds like the CP's DLL isn't being picked up by your Civ game.

Actual bridges, or just the bonus thereof?

G

16. Furkhail

Furkhail Warlord

Bonus? Which bonus? Bridges give bonuses? Or do you refer to the absence of penalty for attacking through river? Honest question here. Could be a CBP feature for all I know.

Either way, I'm talking about actual bridges in the form of movement. For instance if your city has two adjacent tiles, both separated from the city through a river and one of them has a forest. If you atempt to move to the nonforest tile, you would move through the forest as if were no river and therefore you even get movement left because magic forest roads. :D

edit: because ingrish

17. Gazebo

Forests give movement bonuses, yes. Bonus = not losing all movement when crossing river.

I thought you meant the actual bridge art was appearing.

G

18. Furkhail

Furkhail Warlord

Check the numbers I posted pls. Even if the flanking were +0% you would end up with +105%. Which would left you with 16.4 nor 14.4. Unless you tell me that flanking in addition to other bonuses could end up negative which I doubt something is not right. :D

Is chieftain suposed to give you 60%? Because with an archer (7) with the only bonus of +85% vs barbarian, attacking another brute I was left with 10.15, which is consistent with a +45%, 25% from might and 20% from the difficulty. Which in addition is also consistent with the other scenario. 8+80% (40% less that we were talking) is 14.4

19. Furkhail

Furkhail Warlord

Oh, movement bonus ofc. I only thought of combat.

The text says that it gives movement as there is a road. Before bridges you lose the movement after crossing a river even through roads. Am I wrong?

20. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Huge BUG (v 15-7): I just had a Persian settler pass through my blocking military units without problems, more than once. I never saw a note stating such a huge change. I hope it is not WAD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.