Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends,
I've just come back to get accustomed to CPP after a VERY long time. I''m feeling overwhelmed when i'm learning how to play CPP. Just one question: As i remember workers didn't cut down jungles and forests when they constructed villages and resource improvements before, but they are doing so in my current game. I don't know if this is a bug or a changed feature in CPP. Note that I installed the no-EUI version using the automatic installer from the how-to-install thread and always deleted cache before playing. I dont use any other mods except CPP & Ynaemp.

Hi friends,
I've just come back to get accustomed to CPP after a VERY long time. I''m feeling overwhelmed when i'm learning how to play CPP. Just one question: As i remember workers didn't cut down jungles and forests when they constructed villages and resource improvements before, but they are doing so in my current game. I don't know if this is a bug or a changed feature in CPP. Note that I installed the no-EUI version using the automatic installer from the how-to-install thread and always deleted cache before playing. I dont use any other mods except CPP & Ynaemp.

It is by design.

G

Thank you for your quick reply, sir. You're the most dedicated modder i've known so far. This work is just unbelievable!

just build settler and settle far away from your border and trade that city to friendly AI. and that ai give much gpt lux and stg resources ................ does this is cheat

This is my first time that I subscribed in any forum in order to make this patch work.My current situation is that I am triang to make this work last week and a half I reinstaled game around 30+ times and it is always the same thing (I dont see my resurces, or I cant click on button found city, or my bar on top is messed up, or civilizations dont have civ 4 diplomacy futures)
the proces of my installation is
1. I delete all mods and cach, logs, moduserdata
2. I deleted eui from the game folder and after that I am left with:DlC from 1-7, DLC deluxe, DLC sp maps, DLC SP maps 2, DLC SP maps 3, Expansion, Expansion 2, Shared and Tablet) so 15 folders exact.
4. I updated game on version 279
5. In this step I install full community balance with eui
6. I delete LUA files from luxury resources folder, and LUA from community compatible patch
7. I check in game folder is eui istalled

The most weirdest thing is that first time I installed game it all worked perfect, and in couple of days I tried to run the game and following problems which I already wrote on the begining occured, after that I reinstalled it dozens of time but havent been able to make it work fully

I also tried LUA version of the game without EUI and deleted all EUI folders from mode directory but same problems occured PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS TO HELP I WOULD BE WEARY GREATFUL

sorry for the miss spelling I am from Croatia

5. In this step I install full community balance with eui
6. I delete LUA files from luxury resources folder, and LUA from community compatible patch

If you are using the installer then you do not need to delete any LUA folders.
Run the Community Patch installer again and you should be good to go.

Hi Gazebo,

You directed me here after posting in the wrong place. Sorry about that.

I should have started my post with: this is my first play-through with the CBP and I really enjoying it. All of the changes make it feel like a new game. I don't want to give up on my game, but I don't want to stop playing... so I might start another one right after this.

Problem:
Crash to desktop on Turn 182 during AI turns. Atilla has declared war on me a few turns previous; we are having border skirmishes. During my turn, I create a citadel with a GG in a neutral plot nested in-between our borders. My territory expands a couple tiles into his. One or two of his units sit next to the citadel. My territory extends into his. I end my turn. About half-way through the AI turns, Korea asks me for 2-3 Iron in exchange for an embassy or something. I refuse because I need Iron for Legions for the war. The turns go to Songhai and it consistently crashes to desktop.

If I do nothing on my turn unit-wise (just skip via spacebar), the game hangs and has to be exited via Task Manager.

I installed via the auto-installer about a week ago.

Community Patch v. 72
CBP v. 13
City-State Diplo Mod for CBP v. 27
Civ IV Diplo Features CBP Ed. v. 10
More Luxuries CBP Ed. v. 155
CBP Compatibility EUI v. 1

Attachments

• bug report 1-30-2016.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
Hi Gazebo,

You directed me here after posting in the wrong place. Sorry about that.

I should have started my post with: this is my first play-through with the CBP and I really enjoying it. All of the changes make it feel like a new game. I don't want to give up on my game, but I don't want to stop playing... so I might start another one right after this.

Problem:
Crash to desktop on Turn 182 during AI turns. Atilla has declared war on me a few turns previous; we are having border skirmishes. During my turn, I create a citadel with a GG in a neutral plot nested in-between our borders. My territory expands a couple tiles into his. One or two of his units sit next to the citadel. My territory extends into his. I end my turn. About half-way through the AI turns, Korea asks me for 2-3 Iron in exchange for an embassy or something. I refuse because I need Iron for Legions for the war. The turns go to Songhai and it consistently crashes to desktop.

If I do nothing on my turn unit-wise (just skip via spacebar), the game hangs and has to be exited via Task Manager.

I installed via the auto-installer about a week ago.

Community Patch v. 72
CBP v. 13
City-State Diplo Mod for CBP v. 27
Civ IV Diplo Features CBP Ed. v. 10
More Luxuries CBP Ed. v. 155
CBP Compatibility EUI v. 1

I think I fixed this bug in the current beta release, unfortunately the current beta is not save game compatible. If you have a minidunp file in the folder where your .exe is, could you upload that? Thanks!
G

Hello! First of all, I would like to thank you for all your work and dedication towards this awesome project. While playing as the Ottomans, I waged war on the Incas and realized that I could not capture the city of "Machu" as it was founded on a mountain. My melee units could not move in. In addition, the game crashed around turn 190, I am assuming because of it. Anyhow, sorry if I cannot provide my logs as I am not very tech-savy! Have a good day

If you are using the installer then you do not need to delete any LUA folders.
Run the Community Patch installer again and you should be good to go.

Thank you for fast reply, and I tried that (I installed CBP with EUI and this time I didnt delete any files from mod folder) and on earth map everything seams to be fine except that i couldnt see monopoly bonus from resources, than i tried other maps (continents and fractial) but there were no resources (i tried it few times it is always the same), but on earth everyithing except monopoly bonus is ok could you please help.
Thanks in advance

I think I fixed this bug in the current beta release, unfortunately the current beta is not save game compatible. If you have a minidunp file in the folder where your .exe is, could you upload that? Thanks!
G

Thanks for the quick response.
Here's my minidump.

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.rar
    78 bytes · Views: 82
Whenever my unit steps on the tile of a CS where its worker is, a question appears if I really intent to start a war with the CS, nevertheless, in the background (behind this dialog message) my unit does move regardless my answer. However, it never enslaves the worker. It only occupies the same tile and the worker moves away during the CS turn.
Screenshot enclosed.
Used mods: CP, CBP, CSD, EUI

Any suggestions where the problem might be? I want that worker enslaved!

Attachments

• loyalty.jpg
    loyalty.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 91
Whenever my unit steps on the tile of a CS where its worker is, a question appears if I really intent to start a war with the CS, nevertheless, in the background (behind this dialog message) my unit does move regardless my answer. However, it never enslaves the worker. It only occupies the same tile and the worker moves away during the CS turn.
Screenshot enclosed.
Used mods: CP, CBP, CSD, EUI

Any suggestions where the problem might be? I want that worker enslaved!

Declare war first.
G

I used Community Patch Project (CPP) for the first time this week, after not playing Civ-5 for a couple of years, and encountered two problems that I wanted to report. (I used the CPP auto installer, and had no other mods installed.)

The first problem was that when moving my own units into my own cities, the game would sometimes display the popup screen "Combat Information Screen - Attacking Cities", and would then ask me whether or not I really wanted to attack my city.

I was able to get around this at first by simply clicking on the choice that I did NOT want to attack. However, at turn 196, this would not work any more, and the game went into an endless loop of asking if I really wanted to attack my city. What I did to resolve this was to click on the small box in the lower left-hand corner of the popup screen that said I didn't want that warning message displayed any more. After this, the game finally advanced to the next turn.

The second problem is that after playing for about 300 turns, it became obvious that I was badly losing to another player on points and technology. I had successfully conquered two other civilizations on my small continent, but The Incas were about to wipe out everyone else on their larger continent and had a much more powerful military than me. So, I decided to quit my game, uninstall Community Patch Project, and try a regular, less complicated game of Civ-5.

However, when I tried to use the auto installer from the Windows 7 Programs menu, it did not work. It did not delete any of the CPP mods, and also did not delete the UI_bc1 folder. It instead would simply take me to the "My Computer" screen, but do nothing else. I was able to manually uninstall CPP, but wanted to report this minor glitch.

Best Wishes, and thanks for managing the CPP Mod.

I used Community Patch Project (CPP) for the first time this week, after not playing Civ-5 for a couple of years, and encountered two problems that I wanted to report. (I used the CPP auto installer, and had no other mods installed.)

The first problem was that when moving my own units into my own cities, the game would sometimes display the popup screen "Combat Information Screen - Attacking Cities", and would then ask me whether or not I really wanted to attack my city.

I was able to get around this at first by simply clicking on the choice that I did NOT want to attack. However, at turn 196, this would not work any more, and the game went into an endless loop of asking if I really wanted to attack my city. What I did to resolve this was to click on the small box in the lower left-hand corner of the popup screen that said I didn't want that warning message displayed any more. After this, the game finally advanced to the next turn.

The second problem is that after playing for about 300 turns, it became obvious that I was badly losing to another player on points and technology. I had successfully conquered two other civilizations on my small continent, but The Incas were about to wipe out everyone else on their larger continent and had a much more powerful military than me. So, I decided to quit my game, uninstall Community Patch Project, and try a regular, less complicated game of Civ-5.

However, when I tried to use the auto installer from the Windows 7 Programs menu, it did not work. It did not delete any of the CPP mods, and also did not delete the UI_bc1 folder. It instead would simply take me to the "My Computer" screen, but do nothing else. I was able to manually uninstall CPP, but wanted to report this minor glitch.

Best Wishes, and thanks for managing the CPP Mod.

Sounds like a mod incompatibility for the first issue.

Second, you need to manually delete the mods from your MODS folder and EUI from your DLC folder. I don't include a proper uninstaller with the auto-installer out of a desire to limit the modifications it makes to a user's system.

Also, thanks for trying the mod! It gets less complicated once you learn the new systems, so don't give up! :)

G

I'm sorry to ask another novice question: Friendly AIs sometimes approach me and offer gold, luxury for free. Is it also by design or have i probably messed around with setting up CPP?

I'm sorry to ask another novice question: Friendly AIs sometimes approach me and offer gold, luxury for free. Is it also by design or have i probably messed around with setting up CPP?

Is by design. Usually happens if you are behind them in score.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom