Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to ask another novice question: Friendly AIs sometimes approach me and offer gold, luxury for free. Is it also by design or have i probably messed around with setting up CPP?

Is by design. Usually happens if you are behind them in score.

G

I posted about similar issue a few days ago but no reply to it. I quote myself.

I am playing 1.23 modpack with EUI in MP and I am not playing well so the AI seems to want to give me a gift of 70 gold to help me out.

But when I accept another screen comes up and ask me for a gift in return (i can refuse or accept) Only refuse works and after pressing refuse another screen comes up where I need to tell the AI to get over it or beg for its forgiveness. Is this a known bug in MP or something not working right in my installation?

I do not have a log with this issue but it has happened twice while in multiplayer and I have been lower on points as said yes. I get out of the empty offer ok but I take a drop in relations since I am refusing to offer anything (cannot offer).

GomeR

I posted about similar issue a few days ago but no reply to it. I quote myself.

I do not have a log with this issue but it has happened twice while in multiplayer and I have been lower on points as said yes. I get out of the empty offer ok but I take a drop in relations since I am refusing to offer anything (cannot offer).

GomeR

MP modpacks are still a WIP, and may not always perform accurately. I can't really debug modpacks.

G

I have encounter another problem.
„My culture“ summary doesn’t list all my cities, but just one; and it displays artworks in slots which are in fact empty. (But I can’t click on them at all.) As a result, the theming bonuses are unachievable.
Mods used: CP, CBP, CSD (The problem seems not to depend on EUI.)
Any suggestions and tricks welcomed.

Attachments

• turism.jpg
    turism.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 64
I have encounter another problem.
„My culture“ summary doesn’t list all my cities, but just one; and it displays artworks in slots which are in fact empty. (But I can’t click on them at all.) As a result, the theming bonuses are unachievable.
Mods used: CP, CBP, CSD (The problem seems not to depend on EUI.)
Any suggestions and tricks welcomed.

Sounds like a bad install. If you didn't install the compatibility file, you'll have bugs. Please follow the install instructions.

G

Sounds like a bad install. If you didn't install the compatibility file, you'll have bugs. Please follow the install instructions.

G

Ok, Thanks.
I re-installed CPP, this time without EUI. Now, with all 6 mods enabled, „your culture“ displays correctly. However, a lot of other problems appeared. I can’t select any unit by clicking, I can give them orders only by key shortcuts. City has no info banner.
But the problem disappeared after deleting UI-bc1 folder from DLC. So it was a conflict with UI. But the question is how to make it work with EUI.

Ok, Thanks.
I re-installed CPP, this time without EUI. Now, with all 6 mods enabled, „your culture“ displays correctly. However, a lot of other problems appeared. I can’t select any unit by clicking, I can give them orders only by key shortcuts. City has no info banner.
But the problem disappeared after deleting UI-bc1 folder from DLC. So it was a conflict with UI. But the question is how to make it work with EUI.

Use the auto-installer, choose the install with EUI option. Enable 1-6a in your mods list in game.

G

Use the auto-installer, choose the install with EUI option. Enable 1-6a in your mods list in game.

G

Ok, I start to understand. I had installed CP and then EUI. I did not know it was a part of it. (I thought the choice was between EUI compatible and EUI non-compatible installation.)
Thanks.

G,
I did some testing over the weekend about the issue where my game would just lock-up on the barbarians/changing to my next turn. I think the issue has something to do with EUI.

Reasons:
1. I played this weekend with some other MODS, which was beyond boring, and was using the latest "STABLE" version of EUI.
2. The game never locked-up on me, but the time to transfer from the end of the barbarians turn and the start of my turn seemed to increase with every turn.
3. I DL'ed the 1/29 update and played without EUI and the game runs very smooth with hardly any lagging at all.
4. I also tried the other MODS I was testing with while not using EUI and the game ran smoother.

I don't have any logs, sorry I was just flying through the different changes I forgot about logs, but if you would like me start a new a game and send logs when the issue happens I could do that.

G,
I did some testing over the weekend about the issue where my game would just lock-up on the barbarians/changing to my next turn. I think the issue has something to do with EUI.

Reasons:
1. I played this weekend with some other MODS, which was beyond boring, and was using the latest "STABLE" version of EUI.
2. The game never locked-up on me, but the time to transfer from the end of the barbarians turn and the start of my turn seemed to increase with every turn.
3. I DL'ed the 1/29 update and played without EUI and the game runs very smooth with hardly any lagging at all.
4. I also tried the other MODS I was testing with while not using EUI and the game ran smoother.

I don't have any logs, sorry I was just flying through the different changes I forgot about logs, but if you would like me start a new a game and send logs when the issue happens I could do that.

If it is an EUI issue I can't really help you, as I don't make EUI. If it works better for you without EUI, use the no-EUI version. It's my preferred experience (something about menus inside of menus just really excites me).

G

If it is an EUI issue I can't really help you, as I don't make EUI. If it works better for you without EUI, use the no-EUI version. It's my preferred experience (something about menus inside of menus just really excites me).

G

Thanks for the reply.
I've been meaning to ask you if you played with or without EUI.?.

Haha "play." Like I have time to play! I'm too busy making the game you all play! :)
Take the day off, play and have fun - you deserve it :) New updates show very often anyway :)

Not sure if you'll look into this, because an issue is from 1/29 (or you will take the day off :D), but I'll post. I was about to diplomatic win (needed 3 or 4 more delegates) and got CTD :(

There was a lot of actions, I was playing the Siam civ, half civs was angry at me because of me allied with all CSs, Ethiopia declared war at me, I captured all their cities. Next Egypt, captured few cities, made him a vassal. After these, Indonesia and Portugal declared war at me, made the same like with Egypt. I was pushing Portugal, I think I captured 1 city and made peace, sent Great Prophets to convert their religion, converted 1 city and then after few turns crash :(
I was in Atomic Era.

Edit: It happens after I accept Indonesian trade offer - luxury for gpt and few seconds later - crash.

Edit 2: Oh, and two more things:
  1. Portugal offered me a deal and I couldn't accept it (they refused), strange high max values
    Spoiler :
  2. After I captured Indonesian city, ship is in the ground. I think it spawned, because I was razing the city.
    Spoiler :

Also, why AI doesn't upgrade units? They had cash for it. Funny thing that in multi, with modpack, after some1 dropped, AI upgraded all units and boom - no gold :D Anyway, my report is related to singleplayer with 1/29 Beta.
Edit 3: Maybe Unit - Population causes a problem? I already asked WHoward about this, but he can't debug CPP dump file.

List of mods:
Spoiler :
  1. Full CPP with EUI 1/29 Beta (used autoinstaller, cleared cache)
  2. JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 5) and (Soundtrack) (v 1)
  3. JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 11)
  4. Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 2)
  5. Buildings - Textile Mill (v 4)
  6. Extra Victory Conditions (v 1)
  7. Ethnic Units (v 31)
  8. Global - City Jungle Bonus (v 1)
  9. Global - City Working Distance (v 7)
  10. Global - Civilians Move After Purchase (v 2)
  11. Global - Local Generals (v 2)
  12. UI - Trade Routes Enhancements (v 6)
  13. UI - Wonder Planner (v 14)
  14. Units - Population (v 8)
  15. Units - Herdsmen (v 11)
  16. Thals FlagPromotions
  17. Quick Turns (v 10)
  18. Trade - Marble Shipments (v 1)

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    436.8 KB · Views: 57
  • CvMiniDump.rar
    38.9 KB · Views: 47
I remember seeing this mentioned before, but World's Fair-type projects don't properly update the player's contribution on the final turn.

For instance the project is 75% done on turn 211 and my current contribution is 5,000. At the start of turn 212 the project is completed and my contribution is still 5,000.

I remember seeing this mentioned before, but World's Fair-type projects don't properly update the player's contribution on the final turn.

For instance the project is 75% done on turn 211 and my current contribution is 5,000. At the start of turn 212 the project is completed and my contribution is still 5,000.

Probably because your contributions to the project are added at the start of each of your turns, in much the same way that you finish building a wonder at the start of your turn rather than at the end. After your turn 211, the total amount of production that the project required was reached during the another player's turn, thus your "contribution" at the start of turn 212 didn't count. I think you get back the production wasted as a result of this and it gets allocated to your next production order.

Yeah that seems to be how it works. That's clearly not ideal though, as it means depending on the math certain players will get 1 more turns worth of contribution than others.

Probably because your contributions to the project are added at the start of each of your turns, in much the same way that you finish building a wonder at the start of your turn rather than at the end. After your turn 211, the total amount of production that the project required was reached during the another player's turn, thus your "contribution" at the start of turn 212 didn't count. I think you get back the production wasted as a result of this and it gets allocated to your next production order.

This is correct.

G

Yeah that seems to be how it works. That's clearly not ideal though, as it means depending on the math certain players will get 1 more turns worth of contribution than others.

Not really. If there was an update at the end of the first turn only your progress would be shown and none of the other civs would have contributed anything. It's just a timing mismatch between human and AI turns. Everyone gets the same amount of turns it's just the human brain thinks it is being 'diddled'.

Not really. If there was an update at the end of the first turn only your progress would be shown and none of the other civs would have contributed anything. It's just a timing mismatch between human and AI turns. Everyone gets the same amount of turns it's just the human brain thinks it is being 'diddled'.

The AI can contribute on the first turn. In my actual, non-hypothetical example, World's Fair was 40% complete after my first contribution of 3,296. In the end I can see the Fair required 19,200, so the AI had already contributed 4,384 the first time it came back to me.

Plus I'm using Info Addict and can see each AI's (rough) production output. Every AI that came after Rome (he was Player 2) had only added 2 turns worth, while he had added 3.

The AI can contribute on the first turn. In my actual, non-hypothetical example, World's Fair was 40% complete after my first contribution of 3,296. In the end I can see the Fair required 19,200, so the AI had already contributed 4,384 the first time it came back to me.

Plus I'm using Info Addict and can see each AI's (rough) production output. Every AI that came after Rome (he was Player 2) had only added 2 turns worth, while he had added 3.

Yeah, but there is a timing difference that you aren't seeing.
Turn 1 of the World's Fair you already start production and, assuming you could get an update of the progress towards it, only your production will show because the AI don't start their first turn UNTIL you press "Next turn".
If you are seeing in InfoAddict any production contributed, then that's an error, the AI shouldn't have started their turn yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom