Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all civs are compatible with CBP. Which ones did you add?

Hi there!

Thnx for your reply!

Well ehm...

Bolivia, Ayyubids, Nubians, Peter the Greats Russia, Byzantine pack, Gran Columbia, Argentine Republic, Ummayads, Seljuks, Mehmets Ottomans, Moors, Almohads, Geonggreo, Qin, Song, Victorias Britain, Frederiks Prussia, India civ pack, Nader Shah, Safavids...

Oh man...

Hi there!

Thnx for your reply!

Well ehm...

Bolivia, Ayyubids, Nubians, Peter the Greats Russia, Byzantine pack, Gran Columbia, Argentine Republic, Ummayads, Seljuks, Mehmets Ottomans, Moors, Almohads, Geonggreo, Qin, Song, Victorias Britain, Frederiks Prussia, India civ pack, Nader Shah, Safavids...

Oh man...

I remember reading that alternate civ leaders usually aren't compatible with CBP. Were Peter's Russia, Victoria's Britain or the India Civs active when you encountered the era. If none of them were active civs, hopefully somebody else will know the answer.

By the way, if you had to pick a couple of civ mods as your favorites, which ones would you choose?

When playing with the multiplayer modpack with a single friend on my team, on his screen enemy units (not his) on water do not show up in a ship but instead they look like they are walking on water. On my screen (I'm the host) everything is alright. We are playing a multiplayer game on the internet. We have 1-3 ping.

hi :)

I'm experiencing a CTD on a really fun game, so I take the liberty to report the bug, my apologize.

I'm playing a game on a huge "small continent plus" map, with 14 civs, 28 CS, on king level, normal speed with Napoleon.

Spoiler MODS directory (sorted by activated/unactivated) :

Active:
(1) Community Patch
(2) Community Balance Patch
(3) CSD for CBP
(4) Civ IV Diplomatic Features
(5) More Luxuries
(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility
Community Patch Mod Compatibility (v 13) (game started with v 12, both have the CTD)
World Congress Reformation (v 3)
Buildings - Upgrade System (v 12)
Industrial Building Pack (v 2)
InfoAddict (v 22)
National Wonder Collection (v 3)
Promotions - Ancient Ruins Choice (v 2)
Really Advanced Setup (v 15)

Unactive:
Acken's Minimalistic Balance (v 4)
Communitas AI and Tools (v 3)
Communitas Enhanced Gameplay (v 3)
Communitas Interface (v 3)
Communitas Map (v 1)
Earth 2014 (v 2)
Ingame Editor (v 39)
Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)

Custom setup I only swap my warrior for a scout.

The game CTD in the AI turn, from reading the logs it's seem to happen on the very beginning of player 5 Pocatello turn. I have try to reload previous savegame but it crash whatever the decisions I took on the same turn.
CTD occurs with or without IGE activated.

savefile and dump on attachment (in a zip archive, sorry files too large or wrong format without zip it), let me know if you need more informations.

thank you :)
X.

Attachments

• CTD_save_dump.zip
    3 MB · Views: 53
I think honestly that this mod can better be played without any custom addons. So dont add more civs, and especially, no game concept changing stuff (except perhaps simple ones like tree planting or lumber mill on jungle tiles or extra movements when passing by a lighthouse), and certainly NO wonders that give luxuries.

I cant bare to play without modded civs though... so I sought to find a middle way, and found out that the JDF civs are 'kinda' compatible, but the rest arent.

Also do NOT use game pace changing mods like aeon or ultra marathon, it will definitely crash.

Playing now, and hope the game will continue without ctds.

Only have the following activated:

1. Some JFD civs
2. Some very simple game concept mods, like faster movement with lighthouse, lumbermill on jungle, production points when cutting jungletiles, quick movement, reforestation, simplified info addict (forgot its name), and thats about it.

My ideal game would be Gedemon world map, 50 civs which means loads of customized civs that arent compatible, 14 city states, community patch, loads of wonders, game pace changing mod,extra religions (2 more max), a smarter and more aggressive AI that actually expands, builds cities instead of staying with 1 or 2 like an overgrown city state, etc.

But alas....

I am 30 now, and been playing this game for over 15 years. Guess I will never see this happen.

Hi. Thanks for Mod. New to it. Really enjoyed. Just played entire game almost bug free.

Bug: Stealth Bombers dont stay Asleep. I have to re-click sleep every turn. If this is not a bug, there was a great mod called "light Touch" that dealt with this for all units. Perhaps incorporate, as its currently incompatible.

I've been seeing lately a lot of "very minor" bugs with the Combat advisor panel.
Many times the advisor combat panel will say 'Minor defeat' when in fact it is a 'Major victory' to me. Then on other times it will say 'Stalemate' and likewise another resounding victory to me.
Disturbingly though it will sometimes say 'Major victory' and my @$$ will be handed to me!

I can't seem to correlate any issues with specific unit types or conditions but I feel sure it has something to do with combat modifiers not been correctly considered in the panel or the code for the textual indicator, ie. 'Major victory' etc.

Some more feedback but I'm not sure if this is more @Putmalk's demesne.

I had 2 CSes give me the Cartographic quests to explore a certain location. Clicking on the icon under each CS highlights a different tile under the "cloud". Moving a unit to one location shows me I have only revealed ~20% of the area BUT this message is the same for both CSes, despite the areas to be revealed being different. So logically I continue expanding the radius of revealed map.

At this stage I should say the % given isn't very helpful, if the number of tiles to reveal was given it might make it easier. Additionally having the 2 quests linked this way also makes the task harder IF you don't realise they are in fact linked. It wasn't until I saw this and then revealed the map to a range of ~5 around each tile marked as the quest tile(s) that I was finally told I had revealed 100% of the desired area.

As for the rewards. From one CS I get 102 influence and 281 gold but the other gives me only 4 influence and 185 gold.
Pretty much the same task with widely differing rewards.

In summary, the UI feedback needs a bit of work, in dividing the task correctly between multiple quest givers and in showing how much of the task is left until completion.
The rewards also need attention. 4 influence is nothing when you can send an envoy/diplomat to an already revealed location.

Some more feedback but I'm not sure if this is more @Putmalk's demesne.

I had 2 CSes give me the Cartographic quests to explore a certain location. Clicking on the icon under each CS highlights a different tile under the "cloud". Moving a unit to one location shows me I have only revealed ~20% of the area BUT this message is the same for both CSes, despite the areas to be revealed being different. So logically I continue expanding the radius of revealed map.

At this stage I should say the % given isn't very helpful, if the number of tiles to reveal was given it might make it easier. Additionally having the 2 quests linked this way also makes the task harder IF you don't realise they are in fact linked. It wasn't until I saw this and then revealed the map to a range of ~5 around each tile marked as the quest tile(s) that I was finally told I had revealed 100% of the desired area.

As for the rewards. From one CS I get 102 influence and 281 gold but the other gives me only 4 influence and 185 gold.
Pretty much the same task with widely differing rewards.

In summary, the UI feedback needs a bit of work, in dividing the task correctly between multiple quest givers and in showing how much of the task is left until completion.
The rewards also need attention. 4 influence is nothing when you can send an envoy/diplomat to an already revealed location.

Why would that be putmalk's? Those are my quests.

The % represents the % of land to reveal on the landmass. Two CSs gave you a quest to reveal the same landmass, so how's that a problem?

Also, quest rewards are randomized. That's by design.

G

Why would that be putmalk's? Those are my quests.

The % represents the % of land to reveal on the landmass. Two CSs gave you a quest to reveal the same landmass, so how's that a problem?

Also, quest rewards are randomized. That's by design.

G

Guess I placed it in the correct thread then?!

The confusing thing with the quest is the indicating tile. Nowhere does it say that both quests are for the same thing and to have the player assume that they are is not intuitive. And to have it point to different tiles is implying the focus is on those tiles.

% of landmass to reveal! This is even more confusing. My unit did not reveal 100% of the landmass, just a few tiles on that landmass. Why would I conclude it is 100% of the landmass? Based on the feedback you've given I could just as easily reveal x number of tiles on that landmass and still fulfil the quest regardless of the revealing of the indicating tiles. ie. they send me to the south of the landmass but I go north and reveal most of the continent. How is that fulfilling the quest?

According to text: "Thoroughly explore the area highlighted by this quest, and you will be greatly rewarded!"
I am told to explore the highlighted area but you're telling me different.
"greatly rewarded" now you're saying it is random. Random does not equate to 'great'. If it is random then we should drop the wording of "greatly".

Guess I placed it in the correct thread then?!

The confusing thing with the quest is the indicating tile. Nowhere does it say that both quests are for the same thing and to have the player assume that they are is not intuitive. And to have it point to different tiles is implying the focus is on those tiles.

% of landmass to reveal! This is even more confusing. My unit did not reveal 100% of the landmass, just a few tiles on that landmass. Why would I conclude it is 100% of the landmass? Based on the feedback you've given I could just as easily reveal x number of tiles on that landmass and still fulfil the quest regardless of the revealing of the indicating tiles. ie. they send me to the south of the landmass but I go north and reveal most of the continent. How is that fulfilling the quest?

According to text: "Thoroughly explore the area highlighted by this quest, and you will be greatly rewarded!"
I am told to explore the highlighted area but you're telling me different.
"greatly rewarded" now you're saying it is random. Random does not equate to 'great'. If it is random then we should drop the wording of "greatly".

You're being really pedantic about this. The quest is simple: explore land on an unexplored continent. So explore. % indicates amount of land you need to explore until fulfilled. Reward fluctuates.

G

@Gazebo,

im playing the mod and i enjoy it a lot, for most part.

But i have some problems, for startes i cannot make trade routes with AI or with City States,

I dont know if it is because of the Modpack but it seems likely.

Only other mods i have on is the RED Modpack, BlouBlou Era Mod, and tje i believe JNF civilizations and Leaders.

grets

EDIT: I can also not trade between my own cities.

So I just installed the mod and I'm trying it out for the first time and I'm having a pretty major bug. I can't do trading of any sort with AI players. Here's a screenshot of what I see every time I open the Trade window: http://i.imgur.com/1MLZlto.jpg. I can't click on anything except for Cancel. I'd appreciate any help!

@Gazebo,

im playing the mod and i enjoy it a lot, for most part.

But i have some problems, for startes i cannot make trade routes with AI or with City States,

I dont know if it is because of the Modpack but it seems likely.

Only other mods i have on is the RED Modpack, BlouBlou Era Mod, and tje i believe JNF civilizations and Leaders.

grets

EDIT: I can also not trade between my own cities.

Sounds like a mod conflict, probably with a leader.

So I just installed the mod and I'm trying it out for the first time and I'm having a pretty major bug. I can't do trading of any sort with AI players. Here's a screenshot of what I see every time I open the Trade window: http://i.imgur.com/1MLZlto.jpg. I can't click on anything except for Cancel. I'd appreciate any help!

Sounds like a mod conflict.

G

I'm thinking the problem might be that I used to have Enhanced User Interface installed, but I deleted the folder containing it from the DLC folder before using the .exe installer for the CBP. Perhaps there's something else I need to change?

I'm thinking the problem might be that I used to have Enhanced User Interface installed, but I deleted the folder containing it from the DLC folder before using the .exe installer for the CBP. Perhaps there's something else I need to change?

Make sure you are using the latest version of Civ, and that - when you install the mods using the installer - that you select the full version. Then, make sure, when in game, that you are hitting 'next' from the mods menu, not back.

G

I found the solution to my problem: the text is wrong because my game is set in spanish language, the "trade tecnology" option is not abailable with the "education" but with a later tecnology.

Make sure you are using the latest version of Civ, and that - when you install the mods using the installer - that you select the full version. Then, make sure, when in game, that you are hitting 'next' from the mods menu, not back.

G

I checked that it was the latest version and verified game integrity, and I did a fresh install of the patch, making sure I selected the full version. Also, I hit next from the mod menu. I started a new game, and I'm still having the same problem. Nothing else seems to be wrong, though admittedly I haven't gotten deep into any of these games yet.

I checked that it was the latest version and verified game integrity, and I did a fresh install of the patch, making sure I selected the full version. Also, I hit next from the mod menu. I started a new game, and I'm still having the same problem. Nothing else seems to be wrong, though admittedly I haven't gotten deep into any of these games yet.

You're missing something, then, possibly DLC. Or you aren't enabling all the mods. Or EUI didn't end up in the correct spot (your DLC folder). Those are the key possibilities.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom