Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing something, then, possibly DLC. Or you aren't enabling all the mods. Or EUI didn't end up in the correct spot (your DLC folder). Those are the key possibilities.

G

I have all the DLC and I'm enabling all the mods. As far as I can tell, EUI is ending up in my DLC folder. There's a folder in there titled "UI_bc1" that was created today; that's it, isn't it?

Minor bug:
Getting this message a couple of times.
Playing as Denmark.

---
#3/3 - Antananarivo is in Awe of you.

Another Civilization has impressed
Antananarivo with its culture. Your Cultural
growth was not enough. Civilizations that
succeeded (ties are allowed):

Denmark

Quest Reward:

Hi!

Found this mod via Quill18 on youtube and thought I'd give it a go!

I own all the DLC for Civ5 and I downloaded the automated install (recommended).

Everything gets installed, I start the game, activate the mods in the menu for it... Seemless! GREAT!

Start a game annnnddd.... the UI is malfunctionning.

I can see the tech UI in the upper left, the culture, science, happiness one on top, the mini map at lower right etc... BUT:

The lower left corner is empty. Nothing about the selected unit.

AND, more importantly, city names are invisible. Can't click on them and I can't even click on "Choose production" to access the city menu!!!

Help!

EDIT: deleted all mods (only had CBP and all that comes in the auto install). Restart and still that bug.

My Civ5 game is now screwed....

Hi!

Found this mod via Quill18 on youtube and thought I'd give it a go!

I own all the DLC for Civ5 and I downloaded the automated install (recommended).

Everything gets installed, I start the game, activate the mods in the menu for it... Seemless! GREAT!

Start a game annnnddd.... the UI is malfunctionning.

I can see the tech UI in the upper left, the culture, science, happiness one on top, the mini map at lower right etc... BUT:

The lower left corner is empty. Nothing about the selected unit.

AND, more importantly, city names are invisible. Can't click on them and I can't even click on "Choose production" to access the city menu!!!

Help!

EDIT: deleted all mods (only had CBP and all that comes in the auto install). Restart and still that bug.

My Civ5 game is now screwed....

Delete EUI from your DLC folder.
Make sure that EUI ends up in the proper place when you start up the game.
Make sure you are loading all of the mods and clicking start.
Make sure your copy of civ is the latest version and you have all DLC.

G

Thanks for the quick response! wow!

I don't and didn't have EUI installed to start with. MODS folder is currently empty.
the only DLC I don't have is the scrambled continent map pack which I doubt makes a huge difference...

I'll try again with the autoinstall.

Thanks for the quick response! wow!

I don't and didn't have EUI installed to start with. MODS folder is currently empty.
the only DLC I don't have is the scrambled continent map pack which I doubt makes a huge difference...

I'll try again with the autoinstall.

Okay, so when you installed the .exe, did you choose the no-EUI option?

G

You're being really pedantic about this. The quest is simple: explore land on an unexplored continent. So explore. % indicates amount of land you need to explore until fulfilled. Reward fluctuates.

G

Pedantic? No, just ironing out simple textual feedback. I'd make a change to the repo myself but I'll run it by you first.

Instead of:
Cartographers from {@1_Civ} request your help completing a mapmaking project. Thoroughly explore the area highlighted by this quest, and you will be greatly rewarded!

have the text be less specific:
Cartographers from {@1_Civ} request your help completing a mapmaking project. They believe a landmass exists across the ocean and desire it to be mapped and explored to their satisfaction. Rewards await you on completion.

Or if the term 'ocean' may be confusing on pangaea mpas:
Cartographers from {@1_Civ} request your help completing a mapmaking project. Explore as much of the area as needed in this general vicinity. They will reward you with what they have.

I choose the first on top which would be including EUI.

I was thinking: hell yeah I want the EUI!

But in the instruction on the "How to install page" it's almost as if there is no option for a "vanilla" user.

The EUI option is for users with the CBP EUI already installed and the "no-EUI" is for the ones who use the general EUI mod. Correct?

I choose the first on top which would be including EUI.

I was thinking: hell yeah I want the EUI!

But in the instruction on the "How to install page" it's almost as if there is no option for a "vanilla" user.

The EUI option is for users with the CBP EUI already installed and the "no-EUI" is for the ones who use the general EUI mod. Correct?

If you're using EUI: first on top (including EUI)

If you're not using EUI: one below (no-EUI)

It asks if you're using EUI, but you have to manually download and put EUI into its right place.

It asks if you're using EUI, but you have to manually download and put EUI into its right place.

Ok thanks!

So having no mods at all, I should install the first one then go download EUI seperately and install?

Or is it preferable to start with EUI?

Ok thanks!

So having no mods at all, I should install the first one then go download EUI seperately and install?

Or is it preferable to start with EUI?

It is much easier to just get the installer version and pick the options you want with that. Then the correct files are installed, cache is cleared and everything just works.

So, I fixed my problem. I did a fresh install of the whole patch, and when it asked me where to put the files after running the installer, I manually browsed to my "MODS" folder. The file pathname was the same as the default option the installer wanted, but that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for all the support! I'm really looking forward to this mod!

I am having an issue with making peace with a city state after declaring war. Has anyone seen this issue? Its been happening on both the 2/24 and 3/1 version with EUI. (Great the mod btw).

Pedantic? No, just ironing out simple textual feedback. I'd make a change to the repo myself but I'll run it by you first.

Instead of:

have the text be less specific:

Or if the term 'ocean' may be confusing on pangaea mpas:

I'm fine with that. Pedantic was harsh - what I meant was, it sounded like you felt the quest wasn't working properly, when in fact you just don't like the flavor text for it.

G

I'm fine with that. Pedantic was harsh - what I meant was, it sounded like you felt the quest wasn't working properly, when in fact you just don't like the flavor text for it.

G

Well TBH the fact the quest progressing for 2 CSes at the same time was confusing, but I can live with that.
I'll make the change now.

If that is bothersome, I can have the function check for other CSs already targeting a landmass.

G

I figure there are more important things to work on than that, but if it is a minor edit, sure, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom