Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing with CSD and without EUI. My Great Person Panel doesn't have a bar for Great Diplomats; instead, it has a bar for Great Engineers, but the info displayed there is for the Great Diplomat. So at the moment I have no "real" global view of the Great Engineers.

You didn't move the NoCSD lua files over, did you? If using CSD, and no EUI, you shouldn't need to move any of the LUA files.
G

You didn't move the NoCSD lua files over, did you? If using CSD, and no EUI, you shouldn't need to move any of the LUA files.
G

No, I didn't move or delete anything. Just cleared my cache before loading everything up. I'm also playing with Events and Decisions.

I just checked the Great People panel again, and now under Great Engineers, it is showing 2 bars for the same city. One of them is the correct Great Engineer bar, and one of them is the Great Diplomat bar, just incorrectly labeled.

No, I didn't move or delete anything. Just cleared my cache before loading everything up. I'm also playing with Events and Decisions.

I just checked the Great People panel again, and now under Great Engineers, it is showing 2 bars for the same city. One of them is the correct Great Engineer bar, and one of them is the Great Diplomat bar, just incorrectly labeled.

I think I see the bug - I'll fix it in the next version. Thanks for the heads-up!

G

Unhappiness seems(?) to be a bit more severe than in the previous major release as I would dip into -2 to -3 unhappiness in the very early game on just a single city but I would then stabilize (+1 to +2 happiness) around turn 100 (emperor difficulty/epic speed) while getting my second and third cities out.

Unhappiness seems(?) to be a bit more severe than in the previous major release as I would dip into -2 to -3 unhappiness in the very early game on just a single city but I would then stabilize (+1 to +2 happiness) around turn 100 (emperor difficulty/epic speed) while getting my second and third cities out.

I agree, though this is one of those areas of balance where I need more human inpute (the AI isn't always the best judge for this sort of thing). I'm going to adjust the early severity a bit in the next release, and add additional happiness for epic and marathon game speeds to help keep early happiness from declining too quickly.

I am halfway through a game with the new version 65.3, 12.1.

Great game so far! :goodjob:

Some bugs I encountered, one major:

- CSD: At least emmisarries and envoys (not sure for the others) add +100 influence per use. I am not sure if this works for the AI too as they don't really try to get my CiSt.

- Consripton (conquest policiy): Got no free unit in the capital.
(And mostly horse archers in the later founded cities, which I think is non-optimal as they block buildiing the much more powerful horseman. Had the tech for C-Bowman.)

- "God of the sea" has a misspelling: One from too much.

I remembered a bug I encountered a version ago (not sure if it's fixed yet) - the Tradition policy claimed to increase your internal trade route bonus by 25% and it probably did but the amount didn't always show on the menus/when initiating said trade route.

I don't know if it comes from CCP or not, but some decisions (using the required mod, apparently compatible with CCP) seem to have no effect.

For example : "Formalize weight, scales and measures" is suppose to give a +25% (yes, it's a lot) gold output in cities, but it did not boost my gold output at all. Is this normal ? A compatibility problem ?

Bugs bugs bugs! I knew this day would come! :)

Are you using CSD? Any files that you aren't using in that folder, delete them, as that'll clean up your database.log.

G

Yes, I have CP CBP and CSD activated. I tried once more, deleting all MODS, Cache, Logs and Userdata. I then downloade the MODS again, just to be sure, and still got the errors in my database.log. I ended up creating my own local patch, just an sql update from the xml in CBP, and that has cleared up my log and added the promotions to the unit-promotion database.

Bugs I found during my last play :

Monarchy (gold for each citizen, golden age points for capital citizen) actually still gives gold for 1/2 citizens in the capital - my 8 pop Constantinople got +4 gold after taking this thing. Makes it one great policy and turns it from a meh-bad thing into the best thing ever.

Barracks now claim not to have gold maintenance (makes sense, a fine change but I'd still add + production to it like in Communitas) but Krepost still does. Turns it into a downgrade.

The +1 faith per improved resource on dessert thing claims to now give +1 gold in the EUI thing that tells one what pantheons/policies/whatnots may grant you, no mention of it in the patch notes.

Mountains sometimes don't appear correctly (not sure if Community Patch bug or just they didn't load correctly this time, or maybe if the map script is at fault)

Libraries claim not to have maintenance. Not sure if intended.

Another related to Community Patch EUI variant - the first two yields (Gold and Food?) in the city have some file-like weird text in them.

Barbarians still spawn a tile too far away from their camp.

Bugs I found during my last play :

Monarchy (gold for each citizen, golden age points for capital citizen) actually still gives gold for 1/2 citizens in the capital - my 8 pop Constantinople got +4 gold after taking this thing. Makes it one great policy and turns it from a meh-bad thing into the best thing ever.

That's a bug. Will be crushed.

Barracks now claim not to have gold maintenance (makes sense, a fine change but I'd still add + production to it like in Communitas) but Krepost still does. Turns it into a downgrade.

The +1 faith per improved resource on dessert thing claims to now give +1 gold in the EUI thing that tells one what pantheons/policies/whatnots may grant you, no mention of it in the patch notes.

These are EUI bugs, as they are not present in the non EUI interface.

Mountains sometimes don't appear correctly (not sure if Community Patch bug or just they didn't load correctly this time, or maybe if the map script is at fault)

Sounds like a mapscript bug. I don't mess with the mapscripts.

Libraries claim not to have maintenance. Not sure if intended.

Another related to Community Patch EUI variant - the first two yields (Gold and Food?) in the city have some file-like weird text in them.
Also EUI-related. You may want to make a post on stackpointer's EUI thread, as he's handling the EUI compatibility stuff.

Barbarians still spawn a tile too far away from their camp.

I haven't messed with this - sure this isn't in vanilla?

Thanks for report.
G

There is some sort of bug with worker improvements with the modified tech tree. You can see this using EUI's tooltip to hover over certain improvements where it states it needs two techs to chop a forest on an improvement.

I believe this may be because you haven't updated the corresponding PrereqTech field in the BuildFeatures table.

I haven't messed with this - sure this isn't in vanilla?

Thanks for report.
G

No idea, I don't play vanilla - I just know that barbarians don't spawn on the nearest tiles to the camps but one further away (or more than 1 IF no other option, then it will be on an island another tile or more away)

Can't barbarians move the turn they're spawned?

Didn't see them do that at all lately, they spawn and do nothing for me. If they were supposed to act on the same turn of their spawn then they don't do that.

What I mean is they don't spawn to the tiles adjacent to the camp but one tile away from that (or more if water is there), they don't move there - they just spawn like that.

What about this one ; I don't know if it comes from CCP or not, but some decisions (using the required mod, apparently compatible with CCP : Events and Decisions) seem to have no effect.

For example : "Formalize weight, scales and measures" is suppose to give a +25% (yes, it's a lot) gold output in cities, but it did not boost my gold output at all. Is this normal ? A compatibility problem ?

Ho, and I have a question. Seems to me that the luxury ressources from the "More Luxury" mod are not taken into account by CCP, same thing with the new luxuries introduced with the last patch. The market, for example, benetifs from incense and spices. Shouldn't it be the same with coffee, cocoa ?

What about this one ; I don't know if it comes from CCP or not, but some decisions (using the required mod, apparently compatible with CCP : Events and Decisions) seem to have no effect.

Ho, and I have a question. Seems to me that the luxury ressources from the "More Luxury" mod are not taken into account by CCP, same thing with the new luxuries introduced with the last patch. The market, for example, benetifs from incense and spices. Shouldn't it be the same with coffee, cocoa ?

I'd report the first one to the E&D forum. The second is because more luxuries is optional, and not yet an official mod component.
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom