Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I discovered this mod recently and really enjoyed it so far, thanks a lot for your work ! Unfortunately I have a problem with the newest version.

I get a crash when trying to set up a game after loading the mods : Community Balance Patch (v 12) and Community Patch (v 65.2) both downloaded there

Here's what I did to get the game to crash :

- I followed the instructions on this page to enable logging
- I started a new game with no mod enabled, played the first turn, quit civ, then copied the log files in a folder ("without mod")
- I started a new game with community patch enabled, played the first turn, quit civ, then copied the log files in a folder (no problem, the logs are in the folder "community patch")
- I enabled both mods and the game crashes as soon as I click the "SET UP GAME" button (the logs are in the folder "community balance patch")

The logs show a lot of lines like this :

[76695.890] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.PediaEntry - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EMISSARY" does not exist in Language_en_US
[76695.890] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.PediaEntry - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_ENVOY" does not exist in Language_en_US

which are not in the logs created when I didn't load the community balance patch.

(Maybe that's relevant : my Windows is in French but both Steam and Civ5 are in English on my computer)

Here are the log files and the CvMiniDump.dmp file : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68988878/Logs.zip

The last version worked fine, by the way.

I hope that's helpful.

I get a crash when trying to set up a game after loading the mods : Community Balance Patch (v 12) and Community Patch (v 65.2)

[...]

- I enabled both mods and the game crashes as soon as I click the "SET UP GAME" button

Same here. Note that activating only CP v65.2 won't result in a crash, bur adding CBP v12 will. This is without EUI (+ compatibility files) enabled.

Are you using just the CP and the CBP? Those log errors are related to CSD (too many acronyms!). I'l test and see, but I think it has to do with the promotion deletion I had to do in order to redesign the promotion tree. I'll look. To be honest, I don't test without CSD, which is where these errors are coming from. Until then, try using CSD along with the CP/CBP.

G

Indeed, that's it. CP/CBP/CSD doesn't crash.

I'm not sure why it is crashing without CSD. I'll look into this. Sorry about that.
G

Edit: Okay, so I've fixed the bugs in the current version that were leading to the crash without CSD loaded. I'll upload these as v. 12.1 and 65.3.

Many thanks -- CP 65.3/CBP 12.1 don't crash even if one omits CSD!

In the "EUI for CBP" file archive, the version numbers must be updated (they still read 65.2/12).

Glad it works!

For some reason Dropbox keeps rejecting my file upload for that. I've made a new version (a .zip) that synced, I'll upload it and change the link. Thanks for informing me.

G

Hi Gazebo

Just thought I'd let you know that the two bugs from Post 532 are still there (v 12/65.2). It's an easy fix. Just delete the text keys from NationalWonderChanges.xml in Community Balance Patch - you don't need them as they're defined in the Community Patch and the former won't run without the latter.

\Skodkim

I downloaded the new version of CPP and EUI new version, the UI is bugged as hell.
I used the EUI Compatibility Files, added the files to the new CBP and CP folders and it is still doesnt work, by that I mean the whole top bar is screwed, doesnt show city screen or city name at all, etc...
I did notice that in the EUI Compatibility Files .rar, there is a CBP and CP folders of an older version, but I just took out the files from inside and shoved them to the new respective CBP/CP folders.
What am I missing?
btw I adore your mod, so I really want to play it with EUI because I am spoiled like that :p

Hi Gazebo

Just thought I'd let you know that the two bugs from Post 532 are still there (v 12/65.2). It's an easy fix. Just delete the text keys from NationalWonderChanges.xml in Community Balance Patch - you don't need them as they're defined in the Community Patch and the former won't run without the latter.

\Skodkim

Ah, I had that on my to-do list, checked it off, but apparently didn't do it. :D I'll fix it in the next update (I promise this time!). That should be the last of the log errors like that (for now).

I did notice that in the EUI Compatibility Files .rar, there is a CBP and CP folders of an older version, but I just took out the files from inside and shoved them to the new respective CBP/CP folders.

Download the .zip version I just uploaded, as it has the correct version numbers. Also, make sure you downloaded and installed EUI like normal.

The files from the 'compatibility' EUI download should overwrite the files in the CBP/CP/CSD. If they didn't overwrite, you didn't install them correctly. Right now, the EUI compatibility files were combined with the full version of the Patch, which includes CSD. If you aren't using CSD (which you should be!), it'll be messed up. Stackpointer did all of the merge work for us, so he's the final word on all of this. In other words, updates and new versions will come from him.
G

I am 87% sure it should work without CSD or C4DF since most of the interface changes were modular thanks to Gazebo's and bc1's work on their originals. But I haven't had a chance to test extensively without CSD active. Either way, it's highly recommended to play with CSD active for all the great work Gazebo has made there.

When I try to swap around great works I am only able to see 1 city there.

I'm using the CP 12.1, CBP 65.3, and EUI 1.24b. I cleared cache and mod user data before starting this game

Attachments

• 2014-11-14_00001.jpg
    2014-11-14_00001.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 142
When I try to swap around great works I am only able to see 1 city there.

I'm using the CP 12.1, CBP 65.3, and EUI 1.24b. I cleared cache and mod user data before starting this game

Hmm...do you happen to have the Firetuner installed and hooked into your game? If so, open the firetuner, keep it on the main lua page, and try to open/use the cultural overview window. If there is a lua error, it'll show up in the firetuner.

Also, I'm not sure if EUI has a cultural overview replacement, but if it does, you may have better luck disabling that and using the CBP's. Lua is a confusing mess, I know.

G

Ah, I had that on my to-do list, checked it off, but apparently didn't do it. :D I'll fix it in the next update (I promise this time!). That should be the last of the log errors like that (for now).
G

Not quite. You've still got the bug from post 526 :)

\Skodkim

I downloaded the new version of CPP and EUI new version, the UI is bugged as hell.
I used the EUI Compatibility Files, added the files to the new CBP and CP folders and it is still doesnt work, by that I mean the whole top bar is screwed, doesnt show city screen or city name at all, etc...
What am I missing?
btw I adore your mod, so I really want to play it with EUI because I am spoiled like that :p

I had that. Found out I had forgotten that I removed some files from EUI to make the previous CPP version compatible.

\Skodkim

Deleted cache? Running any other mods? Sounds like a mod conflict.
G

Removed some of my mods and it's all fine now.

But I've noticed bugs already. I have Trapping researched and hovering my mouse over Deer and Furs has the game say I need Military Training to upgrade the tiles which is wrong.

G, I dont know if its my mod combination, but having the Separate great people counter mod makes me start with no units and instantly lose the game. Odd

G, I dont know if its my mod combination, but having the Separate great people counter mod makes me start with no units and instantly lose the game. Odd

Is that one of whoward's mods?

But I've noticed bugs already. I have Trapping researched and hovering my mouse over Deer and Furs has the game say I need Military Training to upgrade the tiles which is wrong.

I saw this, and I'll issue a patch for it in the next version. It is simply a mis-applied tech requirement from the CEP integration.
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom