Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO now .... I am writing here. I dont get the EUI to run properly.
What I use:
All mods, EUI, EUI compability.
Compability into DLC (ingame doesnt show up in DLC option)
EUI into Mods all other into Mods.
Deleted LUA in Balance and in COmmunity patch.
I have a new tech tree and so on but no different UI and also the unhapiness factors dont show up correctly. (Before deleting Lua they did)
So any Ideas what I forgot ^^ ?

Don't put Compatibility in the DLC folder - put it in your MODS folder. The only file that goes in your DLC folder is EUI itself.

Just realized my problem: I'm on a Mac and this mod doesn't work on Macs.

Oh no! Well, bootcamp is a possibility.

G

Latest patch, mod list: CP, CBP, More luxuries and other mods in compatible list.
Turn 187, mediavial era.
My cities demand some luxuries (cotton, coca, truffles, etc). But i cannot trade with AIs. After they accept the deal, nothing happens. My GPT doesn't change and the AIs' luxury isn't given away. Tell me what file you need.

Latest patch, mod list: CP, CBP, More luxuries and other mods in compatible list.
Turn 187, mediavial era.
My cities demand some luxuries (cotton, coca, truffles, etc). But i cannot trade with AIs. After they accept the deal, nothing happens. My GPT doesn't change and the AIs' luxury isn't given away. Tell me what file you need.

This sounds like a 'no cleared cache' issue. If you did clear cache, link me your datbase.log and lua.log files.
G

Not sure if this is intended or not...

But it looks like I can upgrade units to the next tier without the required strategic resource.

For example, I've already used my 2 Iron to make 2 Swordsmans (only had 2) and now it states the next upgrade should be 175 and 1 Iron for Longswordman, when I hit the required funds to purchase, it seems it's bypassing the iron requirement and let's me purchase the item anyway.

Once done, I get a "You need Iron" message since I'm using more Iron than I have, and my unit won't heal. Obviously, not sure if this is a risk/reward type thing you implemented, or if this indeed a bug and you're not even supposed to upgrade until you have the required strategic resource saved up to upgrade.

I'm using CP, CBP, CBP Compatiablity w/ EU, More Luxuries, Civ 4 Diplomacy, CSD Diplomacy, and finally Events and Decisions.

In this game I'm Morocco, and on the communitas mapscript if it helps.

Not sure if this is intended or not...

But it looks like I can upgrade units to the next tier without the required strategic resource.

For example, I've already used my 2 Iron to make 2 Swordsmans (only had 2) and now it states the next upgrade should be 175 and 1 Iron for Longswordman, when I hit the required funds to purchase, it seems it's bypassing the iron requirement and let's me purchase the item anyway.

Once done, I get a "You need Iron" message since I'm using more Iron than I have, and my unit won't heal. Obviously, not sure if this is a risk/reward type thing you implemented, or if this indeed a bug and you're not even supposed to upgrade until you have the required strategic resource saved up to upgrade.

I'm using CP, CBP, CBP Compatiablity w/ EU, More Luxuries, Civ 4 Diplomacy, CSD Diplomacy, and finally Events and Decisions.

In this game I'm Morocco, and on the communitas mapscript if it helps.

If you have 2 iron, and you are spending 2 iron, and then you upgrade an iron unit to another unit that also uses iron, that is legitimate. The popup is a simply a lingering quirk in the DLL. If the net result of the upgrade is 2 units with iron, then you are good to go.

G

If you have 2 iron, and you are spending 2 iron, and then you upgrade an iron unit to another unit that also uses iron, that is legitimate. The popup is a simply a lingering quirk in the DLL. If the net result of the upgrade is 2 units with iron, then you are good to go.

G

Ahh ok cool, good to know..

If it helps, on the previous issue that the user above me posted, I've also encountered that diplomacy trade issue as well, but only so far with the America Faction in this game. (This is the same game where I'm Morocco)

I tried to trade for 2 Iron and they wanted my Lapis Lazuli and 7 Gold per turn, and 30 Gold, accepted, but the trade wouldn't go through.

Than I went to Carthage in that same game, and asked for 1 iron, they only wanted Wine and for them to Accept their Embassy, accepted that, and that trade went through without problems. All of us are in the medieval era.

I already have an existing deal with America for Horses perhaps that had something to do with a possible bug? or could it be a conflict with the added Luxury where the game is not recognizing that new luxury?

I always clear my cache before I use a new version of your mod (didn't clear the mod user data folder this time, not sure if that causes issues though..)..

If you need me to link any files, just let me know what directory I should be able to find it, not as savvy when it comes to find those files you need, as I normally just play and not really report any bugs, but defiantly enjoy your mod a lot so want to make sure I can contribute in a tiny way if there's issues to help you improve it :)

Edit 1:

Just tried trading that same Lapis Lazuli to the Celts in my game instead just for 4 gold per turn and that went through without issues.. So it seems to be centered around the American Faction with that specific item. I'm gonna see if another opportunity of trading something else to the American Faction works (technically it worked earlier cause I do have an existing deal with them)

Ahh ok cool, good to know..

If it helps, on the previous issue that the user above me posted, I've also encountered that diplomacy trade issue as well, but only so far with the America Faction in this game. (This is the same game where I'm Morocco)

I tried to trade for 2 Iron and they wanted my Lapis Lazuli and 7 Gold per turn, and 30 Gold, accepted, but the trade wouldn't go through.

Than I went to Carthage in that same game, and asked for 1 iron, they only wanted Wine and for them to Accept their Embassy, accepted that, and that trade went through without problems. All of us are in the medieval era.

I already have an existing deal with America for Horses perhaps that had something to do with a possible bug? or could it be a conflict with the added Luxury where the game is not recognizing that new luxury?

I always clear my cache before I use a new version of your mod (didn't clear the mod user data folder this time, not sure if that causes issues though..)..

If you need me to link any files, just let me know what directory I should be able to find it, not as savvy when it comes to find those files you need, as I normally just play and not really report any bugs, but defiantly enjoy your mod a lot so want to make sure I can contribute in a tiny way if there's issues to help you improve it :)

Edit 1:

Just tried trading that same Lapis Lazuli to the Celts in my game instead just for 4 gold per turn and that went through without issues.. So it seems to be centered around the American Faction with that specific item. I'm gonna see if another opportunity of trading something else to the American Faction works (technically it worked earlier cause I do have an existing deal with them)

Is this the standard 'America' of the game, or a different custom civ?
G

Is this the standard 'America' of the game, or a different custom civ?
G

Standard America, but naturally with whatever changes your mods did to their personalities and such, I have no custom Civs, only the 4 DLC Civs besides the other 39 included with the 2 expansions.

Edit: Ohh should also mention that I have a defensive pact with America, and it could have started after that. Don't remember if I made my previous deal (for the horses which did work) before or after the defensive pact was made. I won't be on this game again till Monday since it's on my laptop (and tend to play it during downtime at work, heh).. But if you need particular files though just let me know I can always grab it.

In the meantime I will be playing a different game on my main comp and will pay attention this particular situation and report back if it happens again.

hope this helps.

I'm having an issue with tile yield icons all displaying as the food icon.

List of mods:

community patch (5-6)
community balance patch (5-6)
city-state diplomacy mod (5/2)
civ 4 diplomacy features (4/15)
More Luxuries (v 155)
EUI (CBP Version) (4/15)
CBP - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version) (5/6)

Here's a image of what I am talking about.

Turn 187, mediavial era.

I am seeing something similar right now... but the bug can be seen right there in the trade window. I have 5 copper, and 2 of them traded away, so I should have 3 free. In fact, that it was the UI says, but within the trade window, there are 4 copper listed. I offer one of them in exchange for anything, and the AI accepts, yet the trade does not happen. Same with any civ that wants the copper.

Seems like a bug in the trade window, and the "extra" resource counted there breaks the trade somehow... even of you have enough resources to trade.

Mod list -

Community Patch (5-9)
Community Balance Patch (5-9))
Really Advanced Setup (v 14)

I get problems on the Really advanced set up screen.
If I pic any civ, starting from the top drop down bar which by default says "random civilization" then all the rest of the civs below LOCK to "random civilization" and I cannot pick any other civ for the AI players. I can still scroll the drop down box on the below civs and go through all the civs but it will not allow me to select a civ of my choice.

If I disable CBP (using only CP) then go back into the setup screen then I can select custom civs for everyone and the issues disappear. Is this a CBP problem or a bug with "Really advanced setup"?

Edit - I have attached the Lua log and I can see a runtime error with the Really advanced setup mod. Should I stop using that mod for now?

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 47
Just querying an error report in the Lua log file. It may be normal but I wanted to confirm

Mod list -

Community Patch (5-9)
Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (No-EUI) (5-9)
CSD for CBP (5-2)
Civ IV Diplomatic Features (4-15)

LUA folders in CP, CBP are deleted and cache cleared.
As soon as I load the mods without even going into the game, there is a runtime error "Communitas.lua" with CBP in the Lua log file. I have not started a game yet so I do not know what issue the "Communitas.lua" causes.

Edit - If I run just using CP and CBP the runtime error isn't present. Must be just the "Communitas.lua" in the mapscript folder of the Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (No-EUI)

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    440 bytes · Views: 45
I have a weird issue and can't find a related topic in the forum.

Problem: The "load game" entry in the in game menu is simply disappeared.

Mods:
Community Patch (5-9)
CSD for CBP (5-2)
Events and Decision
More Luxuries (v 155)

LUA folders in CP, CBP are deleted. Cache is cleared. GUI Language English.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Problem remains even without following mods:
Events and Decision
More Luxuries (v 155)

This sounds like a 'no cleared cache' issue. If you did clear cache, link me your datbase.log and lua.log files.
G

i'm sorry for late response. I'd had been at work all day. Here are the files you need.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    4.8 KB · Views: 34
I have a weird issue and can't find a related topic in the forum.

Problem: The "load game" entry in the in game menu is simply disappeared.

Mods:
Community Patch (5-9)
CSD for CBP (5-2)
Events and Decision
More Luxuries (v 155)

LUA folders in CP, CBP are deleted. Cache is cleared. GUI Language English.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Problem remains even without following mods:
Events and Decision
More Luxuries (v 155)
You can't load a game while in game.
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom