Bug Reports

Hi.
I recently downloaded RFC for my new laptop.
When I try playing it this comes up:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error!
Program: ...mes/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Warlords/Civ4Warlords.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

...and that's what I'm doing.
This laptop is better in every way than my old one and I could play RFC perfectly well in the old one. This one is Acer TravelMate 4670 with 1GB memory.
I believe this is a bug. (edit: even though I don't know anything about it...)
Help? :)

Ships end up in the middle of the land when they are expelled from a city, for whatever reason (congress, revolution, etc).

It seems a tsunami got the arabian caravels!! :lol:

Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

Hmm, I seem to have missed this bug thread when I wrote my first impressions in the Q&A thread ... might make sense to sticky the bug reports thread too?

Anyways, since my impressions contained a couple of bug reports too, here's a link to them. Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread.

I'm sorry if this problem has already been addressed, but is the demographics screen not supposed to be working? I've played RFC since the last 3-4 versions, and the demographics screen gives my civ's info, but all the comparative values are at zero. Is this a problem with my computer, or intentional?

Thanks,
Brad

Couple of issues:

- Max gold by holy shrine is 20 (intended?)
- Sometimes there are no trade routes with connected civs and open borders.
- GPP gives 1 less in many cities (intended?)
- America´s favorite civs mercantilism?? I think that there others that are more representative of that civ.
- High and inconsistent diplo hit because of vassals. With one vassal I had none, with two I had -2, but for some reason, now I have -2 with only one. Pretty high in my opinion.

I'm sorry if this problem has already been addressed, but is the demographics screen not supposed to be working? I've played RFC since the last 3-4 versions, and the demographics screen gives my civ's info, but all the comparative values are at zero. Is this a problem with my computer, or intentional?

Thanks,
Brad

I have the same problem.

I've mentioned this before too.

i had a shrine give me 40 so that isnt a problem for me

That´s strange... I´m pretty sure that there FAR more catholic cities than 20, but that´s as much as I gonna get. I even spread the religion to new cities and the game doesn´t take notice... :(

Another thing:

- The AI get no diplo hit for having vassals!!! :mad: In my game Tokugawa has 3 vassals and no one seems to care, while they hated me (-2) for having only 1. Also the vassals of the AI are always friendly with them! It´s VERY unfair!!!

Max gold by holy shrine = 20 IS intended.

Cool, good to know ;)

Perhaps it would be nice to add it to the description or something, but there´s no rush.

What about the other things? Especially the uneven and unfair vassals diplo hit.

Thanks,
Brad

Any feedback on that, Rhye? (sorry for being repetitive)

That screen always had problems with scenarios. Maybe you can just erase it and finish the problem from the root since it´s not THAT useful.

About the vassals, the info for the value is not stored in the XML (where there are all the values for "you declared war" and all that"), but most surely in the dll.

Maybe I can dig up something for you. ;)

Couple of issues:

- Max gold by holy shrine is 20 (intended?)
- GPP gives 1 less in many cities (intended?)

It would be nice to have some kind of mouse-over explanation in the game, or something to show what is going on. For those of us who like to micro and plan things out it is difficult to know how many GPP you will end up having, or how much shrine income.

Top Bottom