1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Gunner, Jul 8, 2006.

1. werttrew

werttrew Professor

Odd bug with the Americans in the newest Warlords version: it's 1835, I'm at Very Solid, and I've not had any messages about immigrants, and I don't notice any uptick in population like before. Was there something about the American UH Power that was changed?

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

what version are you playing? The temple of Artemis is required in Warlords

3. HulaLoula

HulaLoula Chieftain

It must have been the Temple of Artemis.Didn't know that was a requisite.It isn't written in the victory conditions.Thanks for helping me figure it out.It will give me another reason to try Greece again. :cool:

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

it's written actually...

5. HulaLoula

HulaLoula Chieftain

Sorry..didn't see it in victiry conditions or when you choose a civ.Thanks for helping me tho;) This is the latest version. Great Mod.

6. Mercenary82

Mercenary82 King

The AI is declaring war on itself and on civs already dead in RFCW v123.

7. Mainiac

Mainiac Chieftain

Has someone reported Christianity not being founded if Jeruselem is under occupation? Kinda unrealistic since it was founded under occupation.

8. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

if it isnt' founded in Jerusalem it's founded in the first civ that researches Theology anyway

9. Mainiac

Mainiac Chieftain

Yeah, but with the slow research in ancient times, Theology will take a long time to get researched.

10. kairob

kairob Biohazard

*cough* Oracle *cough*

I wouldnt worry about it I have played this loads and never seen Christianity unfounded before the European civs arive, or founded outside europe for that matter (except ocasionally egypt and once persia (or babilon cant remember...) but thats the right area ish...)

11. Mainiac

Mainiac Chieftain

Yes, you can use the oracle, assuming it isn't already built by the time you spawn but that seems like a rather large waste of effort. The ancient empires sure didn't set out to spread christianity.

12. kairob

kairob Biohazard

Yeah but as I said I have never seen a game without christianity in europe

13. Enkidu Warrior

Enkidu Warrior Ultramagnetic

I've just had a strange problem with the Congress system. I was not invited, despite being 3rd in score. It's possible that I was considered 5th in score at the time the check was made, but then wouldn't that still net me an invite. I must admit I'm not entirely familiar with what factors are considered for an invite but I'm pretty sure I should have got one. Picture included. Let me know if you want a save.

Attached Files:

14. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

the first 3 ranked that have contact with the world leader are always invited; the other may randomly be not.
    Possibly you don't have contact with one important civ or with the leader itself? (actually yes, you don't know England)

15. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

16. Sovietof17

Sovietof17 Warlord

When you take over a new civilization, all of your settings and preferences are reset. For example, combat animations are enabled, and it forces you to end the turn when no more units can be moved.

17. Sovietof17

Sovietof17 Warlord

Is the spanish uhv bugged? I conquered and controlled both aztec and inca territories long before 1750 AD. When that time finally did roll around, the 3rd vicory condition didnt sense.

18. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I too get anoyyed about the reset thing, also about the spanish UHV did you have at least 3 cities in thier homeland?

also @someone who knows more than me, do you still need 3+ cities thier or has it changed?

Edit:

as the mongols I got a message saying that the barbarians had made peace with rome. I have a save before and a print screen...

Spoiler :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/59217/AutoSave_AD-1715_Turn_296.Civ4SavedGame

19. Shadowlord

Shadowlord Rare Poster!

I'm playing the Incans with the latest (vanilla) version. The plague icon is no longer next to my name in the score, but three of my cities still have the plague skull effect floating over them. In the city screen, there is no longer a health penalty from the plague shown. It is 1886 AD.

I was the first civ to have the plague icon vanish from the score. England was next. (I have made a saved game if you want it)

Edit: In 1900, the plague icon vanished from beside the Aztecs, who were the last civ to still have it. When I ended my turn in 1902 (the turn after 1900), the game crashed. I reloaded from the autosave in 1895, saved in 1900, and it crashed in 1902 again.

Edit #2: Reloaded from the 1900 save, entered the world builder, removed the plague building from my cities, played through 1902, it crashed again. I haven't looked for plague buildings in other cities.

Edit #3: I didn't find any more enplagued cities in the world. I again removed the plague buildings from my 3 enplagued cities, and then erased the cities and everything in them with the erase mode in the world builder. It still crashed when I ended my turn in 1902.

Okay, I went to upload the saved games, but they're 700 KB, and the upload limit for a civ 4 save file is 500 KB. So I zipped them, but the limit on those is 300 KB, and the zip files were still around 650 KB. Want me to email them to you instead? (And is a .7z file fine, or do you want a .zip?)

20. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

sure, email them to me. One save before the crash, and one save before the icon disappears