Bug Reports

i started up a game as France in 1.00, and on the second turn, after Bordeaux had flipped to me, there were 3 archers, an axeman and a worker on an ice square at the very bottom of the map, probably part of the antarctic. Bordeaux was also empty, so i think they might have been the garrison. I have the save here. Just thought it was a little weird.

McA123 said:
i started up a game as France in 1.00, and on the second turn, after Bordeaux had flipped to me, there were 3 archers, an axeman and a worker on an ice square at the very bottom of the map, probably part of the antarctic. Bordeaux was also empty, so i think they might have been the garrison. I have the save here. Just thought it was a little weird.

unfortunately i can't understand the cause without a save earlier of that date. Any autosave?

Unfortunatly, no, but as it didn't happen the next 2 times I tested France, I think it was just a fluke, so don't worry too much about it.

OK, it happened again. I haven't got the save from the turn before, but I DO have the save from 2 turns before, (the start save) once again, it's as France and the units from Bordeaux are on an impassable ice square in the antarctic.

The same thing has happened to me as Rome when Panormus flipped and I managed to repeat it. I tried to get you a nice before and after save but this time it didn't happen so now I've lost the auto saves. Very strange :confused: I'll try a couple more times.

I got a bug playing as Russia where I recieved two Horse Archers on turn 210, the turn Mongolia is born. They are placed on the same tile that most of the Mongolian Keshiks are born on.

Here is the save on that turn (210) and the nearest autosave which is two turns earlier (208).

EDIT: Some things were different as I remembered. These are the actual facts.

Okay, I have some bugs to report from v100:

1- Playing as Rome, France declared war to me, so I convinced Germany, Spain and England to attack Louis. Very soon his cities were conquered by Germany: Bordeaux (it was the capital), Paris and Aix-la-chapelle, but my culture was overwhelming in that area. So Bismarck offered to gift me Paris :D, but the other two cities also flipped in a capital flip way. I have a save before this, just end the turn and he will offer it.

http://www.bigfilez.com/o.php?file=elhoim_Bug-1.zip

2- Problems with Congress: First, I chose to participate. Then I bribed Bismark with 75% of my 500 gold. He accepted. Then the Congress worked well until it was my turn to choose. I think all votes were NO. I chose Cartagena. It was rejected. The next one was Mongolia asking a Japanese city, which resulted in a yes. But all votations after that showed that result, instead of the correct one. Here is a save before that Congress, just end the turn.

http://www.bigfilez.com/o.php?file=elhoim_Bug-2.zip

Second, I used the save from point 1 (bug-1 file). Bribed Bismark with 25% of my 2500 gold. He rejected it :confused: . As you can see, it was more gold than the last time, but it seems he looked at the %. If it is like that, be very careful because that can be exploited, as I can drain my coffers before a bribe and offer 75% of a small amount of gold. Well, it seems that the refusal of Bismark changed the Congress. It was in another city, but this time, no result was shown after the votes, only in the last one, which was my request.

3- These are small issues. Bordeaux appears on top of a corn, perhaps you would want to move it. Also check in my saves the mongolian city of Khanbaliq. There are there lots of workers that haven´t been doing anything for ages, and there are things to be done around. Perhaps they are inside because of enemy units, now I think, but I doesn´t seem that there are many enemies around. Check it out, perhaps it´s a bug due to the new AI or perhaps not. Also I still haven´t see any civ rebirth, even though 6 civs are out and I have a large empire and have discovered the required techs. Also the ones killed by barbarians haven´t gotten back up yet.

Well, that´s all for now! Hope it helps! :goodjob:

I edited my post. One thing that was strange was that I could ask in the congress for Washington. :crazyeye:

Hi Rhye

I am a great supporter of your work since civ III, just recently I found bug on 1.01
Playing India, I built two cities, west from delhi. When Persian civ starts archer in my south city disapeared and archer in north city, being almost finished deasapeared too, sometimes warrior, being there already is lost. I will try attach save just before persians start. Weird things happend. Of course I refused fliping of my both cities.

Regards
Dav

As a result of a power outage, I had to reload an autosave. It ended up being the turn immediately prior to the W.C. event. The first time through, everything went smoothly (except that those dirty AI barstards tried to gank two of my cities! WAAAAAARGH!). The second time through, the same message about the Malinese getting some Spanish city kept playing. I believe I have the proper save, but on ne sais pas. El Save!

Laska, that's not a bug. If you refuse to let your cities flip then the units inside of it have a chance to flip for a certain period of time. I can't remember what the % chance is though. A message comes up saying "Some of our units have joined the enemy cause" or something like that.

Thanks McA123, I just did not have any massage coming up so I thought that`s a bug, now I know it wasn`t, still to play India is realy tough...
rgds

1.00 - some problem with Congress. Unfortunately I have not kept a save :(
Congress voted my city to be given away and nothing happened. I was not asked if I accept - the game just proceeded.

Another thing maybe not pure bug but playing on Viceroy - in XX century all civs uses Galleons - including myself. Technology progress seems to be slow.

Another thing - many wars are declared but no actions follow it (like Allies in 1939 ;) )
E.g. China declared war on India (me) immediately after first contact. Because of geografical conditions it was not possible to send more than a scout. After peace treaty it happened once more - war with scouts :D

Another thing - many wars are declared but no actions follow it (like Allies in 1939 ;) )
E.g. China declared war on India (me) immediately after first contact. Because of geografical conditions it was not possible to send more than a scout. After peace treaty it happened once more - war with scouts :D

Bug in 1.01.

Playing as Arabia, As-Sur (I think that's the Arabian name, or Tyros or whatever it's called), the city above jerusalem flipped to me, like normal. The garrisson however, did not. It stayed barbarian. So there are 3 barb archers inside of the city. I don't have a save of RIGHT before, but i have one from like 2 turns, and one from the turn it happened.

On the next turn, the archers just moved out. Nothing weird happened afterwards.

But a few turns later, after I captured the former Egyptian capital (Egypt had collapsed) the other nearby Egyptian cities flipped over to me (dunno if that's intended or not), but once again, the garrison stayed barbarian. I don't know if they'll just leave this time.

Turn it happened and 2 turns before saves included

Top Bottom