Bug Reports

Hi phungus, thanks for your attention and your time. Yes, Im using a little bit older version, the one you released right after the 3.19 patch. My games take longer, so I hadnt any incentive to update. I might have now.

Can't find anything wrong with that save. Now that we know the Francis I leaderhead can cause crashes on certain systems, he'll be removed in the next update. You can try updating your video card as well, that's all I can think of. Save seemed fine to me though.

I need to learn how to write coherent text.

I made two comments, that were unrelated to each other. The first noted a noticeable increases in the number of crashes, with Francis in the game. This was just a comment with no further input required.

The second issue was something that I wanted to have looked at, although I don't know who or where the culprit might be. If you play that save, and hit enter, you should suddenly end up at war with Churchill, Roosevelt, and one other civ (plus all their vassels) without any DoW.

That did not occur

will this work with BUG?
BUG is included, and LoR does not load custom assets. So yes. Also questions like that do not belong in bug reporting.

Hey, I just got your mod up and running. Finished looking through the civiloopedia, and went to go start a game and... No. Tried using Planet Generator on the biggest size possible with default for the rest of the options. Hit Launch Game and the load bar stayed in one spot, about an 8th full. Did a ctrl/alt/delete, said it wasnt responding, so I closed it, and tried again. Reduced the size to the regular huge with all defaults, same map, and it did the same thing.

Imma try to launch another one, maybe it just takes crazy time to load up? To help with answering me, I have 1.5 RAM, and a decent-high video card (Dont wanna open the baby up again to find out exactly, upgraded not too long ago). Also, during installation, there was an option to click that had to do with the graphics... If NOT clicking that means I have the lite version, then, well, I already have lite.

Im really excited to see this work! First time Ive delved into the mod community here, and Im still new to the game (about 2 weeks, cant even finish a game, I have gamer ADD:mischief:)

Edit: Forgot to mention, I do have the 3.19 patch.
Edit 2: Installed Light version instead... Same thing. Will it just not work on my machine?

I'm not quite sure what the problem is but i spent several hours playing LoR with no problems, but now im lucky if it runs a half hour before it kicks me out of the game. the only thing i thought connected to this was when i found all the civs because thats when it started happening. im not sure if that mean theres 2 many and my comp cant handle it or what. i have vista, im running it as an admin and i have 3.19

Hey, I just got your mod up and running. Finished looking through the civiloopedia, and went to go start a game and... No. Tried using Planet Generator on the biggest size possible with default for the rest of the options. Hit Launch Game and the load bar stayed in one spot, about an 8th full. Did a ctrl/alt/delete, said it wasnt responding, so I closed it, and tried again. Reduced the size to the regular huge with all defaults, same map, and it did the same thing.

Imma try to launch another one, maybe it just takes crazy time to load up? To help with answering me, I have 1.5 RAM, and a decent-high video card (Dont wanna open the baby up again to find out exactly, upgraded not too long ago). Also, during installation, there was an option to click that had to do with the graphics... If NOT clicking that means I have the lite version, then, well, I already have lite.

Im really excited to see this work! First time Ive delved into the mod community here, and Im still new to the game (about 2 weeks, cant even finish a game, I have gamer ADD:mischief:)

Edit: Forgot to mention, I do have the 3.19 patch.
Edit 2: Installed Light version instead... Same thing. Will it just not work on my machine?

Welcome to the CFC forums and LoR!

First off trying to generate the largest map size with Planet Generator might be your problem. I cant vouch for planet generator, but with map scripts like Perfect world, they do indeed take a hell of a lot of time to generate than the maps you find with vanilla civ. Also in conjunction with the map size and type problem, LoR does take quite awhile longer than normal Civ. Most any mod will take longer to load, some mods will take a slower computer 10-15 minutes to load. LoR should be much quicker than most of the larger mods but it still takes extra time from what your used to with BtS.

Secondly you might be confusing the versions that you have. You mention a graphics option at install. That could only mean the "expanded graphics" option for the normal version of the mod. That installs a Blue Marble type terrain improvement add-on. It does take a slight performance hit but not to the degree that you mention. I use it and load up fine with way less specs than you (1/2 gb RAM and a 256 mb video card). But Im not generating gigantic maps. LoR does have a Light version. It is actually a seperate version, meaning a seperate DL altogether. It is basically the same game but with no ethnic art, just default unit art. That definiteyl improbves laod time and overall performace many fold, so if all else fails you should try LoR Light v0.96c.

Though you should be able to handle the core game just not generating gigantic maps like a crazy person:p. So try to load say a large map and give it a few minutes to load and see what happens.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is but i spent several hours playing LoR with no problems, but now im lucky if it runs a half hour before it kicks me out of the game. the only thing i thought connected to this was when i found all the civs because thats when it started happening. im not sure if that mean theres 2 many and my comp cant handle it or what. i have vista, im running it as an admin and i have 3.19
Again Welcome to the CFC forums and LoR.

How many civs and how large a map are you playing? When the game cuts out on you does it say something like "memory allocation failure"? This usually happens in the mid-late game,depending on your computer, due to the excessive amount of new material and art. Also there is a memory leak in the base default Civ game. When playing for long extended periods of time, you should save and restart.

Ok, Ill have to give that a shot then later when I get home from work ^.^ Though I will say... I love my big maps... I also just DLed the 8.something beta for LoR, incase it still doesnt work, so I at least have a version of it. Are there any major problems with that version I should be aware of?

And, off topic, but are there any other mods I should give a shot? My tastes include "realism" ideas, I like to use alot of tactics in war time, and city management could have a little more umph to it, if you know what I mean.

Sometimes when I'm starting a game, or loading a save, I get the same thing; it just hangs and never fully loads - nothing to do but pull the plug. This also happens occassionally in base BTS, so I don't consider it a LoR defect.

How many civs and how large a map are you playing? When the game cuts out on you does it say something like "memory allocation failure"? This usually happens in the mid-late game,depending on your computer, due to the excessive amount of new material and art. Also there is a memory leak in the base default Civ game. When playing for long extended periods of time, you should save and restart.
The other possibility is he is encountering the machine specific bug with Francis I. As listed in the known bugs, aparently some graphics cards cause a crash when trying to render the Francis I leaderhead. We just became aware of this a couple days ago, and it'll be fixed in the next update, which will be released in the next couple of days. Sorry about this for people who experience this crash, it's just impossible to find specific hardware bugs like this. Even fireaxis themselves who had a budget and dozens of beta testers still end up with similar bugs that occur with machine specific hardware that they just never tested for. And with LoR it's just me, achilleszero and a few other players who give regular feedback that find stuff like this for us, and since up until a couple days ago we never got accurate enough information to figure this out (Francis I renders fine on most systems, including mine and AZ's).

Ok, Ill have to give that a shot then later when I get home from work ^.^ Though I will say... I love my big maps... I also just DLed the 8.something beta for LoR, incase it still doesnt work, so I at least have a version of it. Are there any major problems with that version I should be aware of?
Actually I dont think that anything before 0.93 is compatible with the 3.19 patch. Your best bet is if you are patched to 3.19, is to paly something newer preferably the newest version 0.96c, but 0.93 should be pretty stable.
And, off topic, but are there any other mods I should give a shot? My tastes include "realism" ideas, I like to use alot of tactics in war time, and city management could have a little more umph to it, if you know what I mean.
If realism is your thing then maybe Total Realism would be up your alley (not actually sure if they have a playable version up at the moment though). Everybody would recommend Rhyse and Fall, but its too linear for my tastes.

First off, thanks for making a great game better.

Ok now onto my problem. The attached game crashes on the next turn. I uninstalled the mod and redownloaded to make sure that the patch version was not causing the issue. I turned on show moves and it hangs while the chinese are moving units.

Thanks

Attachments

• Xerxes AD-1440 hang up crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    465 KB · Views: 60
Again Welcome to the CFC forums and LoR.

How many civs and how large a map are you playing? When the game cuts out on you does it say something like "memory allocation failure"? This usually happens in the mid-late game,depending on your computer, due to the excessive amount of new material and art. Also there is a memory leak in the base default Civ game. When playing for long extended periods of time, you should save and restart.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if i came across rude, im not sure on the protocalls of the forum but i thank you for the welcome. well i believe i did the play now option but i did the planet gen on huge and the total ended up at 20 civs including myself. there were 2 other civs but ive already beaten them. when it exits to the desktop i get the standered "an error has occured would u like windows to search for a solution?" could it possible be that i just cant have it on huge with that many players? and if so whats the most i should start out with, as well as taking in the factor of the barbarian/minors that pop up.

thank you for your time

Sorry if i came across rude, im not sure on the protocalls of the forum but i thank you for the welcome. well i believe i did the play now option but i did the planet gen on huge and the total ended up at 20 civs including myself. there were 2 other civs but ive already beaten them. when it exits to the desktop i get the standered "an error has occured would u like windows to search for a solution?" could it possible be that i just cant have it on huge with that many players? and if so whats the most i should start out with, as well as taking in the factor of the barbarian/minors that pop up.

thank you for your time
Wait, so both you and jobefobfob are trying to play planet generator on huge maps?:confused:

Its very possible that its all in your map size. Most people cant play with a huge map at all even with BtS. But what map size is completely up to your computer. Try moving down to large maps atleast and see if that helps. Without a savegame file to look at its hard to tell. And being that it is a huge map, I dont think anyone here could diagnose the problem even if you posted a save. Its entirely possible that its something else causing your problem, like the Francis LH or some bad art.

So try moving down in map sizes and see what happens.

So

Thats your opinion meatbomb. Lots of people like playing large maps. The larger the map size the more strategy involved. I find it way to easy when there are only 4-5 different civs to have to deal with and less realistic. The more civs there are the more in-depth the relations become and the more planning and coniving you have to do. The only thing that ever kept me from playing larger maps is my computer, more through necessity.

First off, thanks for making a great game better.

Ok now onto my problem. The attached game crashes on the next turn. I uninstalled the mod and redownloaded to make sure that the patch version was not causing the issue. I turned on show moves and it hangs while the chinese are moving units.

Thanks

Pretty much exact same behavior as the last hang report I got. For more details I forwarded the bug report to jdog in the Revolution project and development forum, as this bug is probably caused by AI logic, and it is definatly caused by something in the RevDCM core. My forwarded report can be found here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8561069&postcount=598

I am attaching a fixed save for you, so that you may continue playing your game. I have made no changes to your game, it's just the next turn, past the hang. The hang did not reapear so this should play on fine (please post a save again if the hang happens again, though I doubt it will). One thing to note I just picked the recomended growth building in the three cities that built stuff that turn (so you may want to change those), and unfortunately you have missed the Leonardo's Workshop wonder movie, as it was built this turn as well. Anyway thanks for the report and hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your game.

Loaded game twice with Perfect Earth 2 and rev 201 and both times the game threw me out before I started..I am using 3.19

Loaded game twice with Perfect Earth 2 and rev 201 and both times the game threw me out before I started..I am using 3.19

You would have to be patched to 3.19 to even try to launch the game, so yeah, it's not that. There are only two things I can think of that could cause a crash during building the map. First is that you are one of the people that is effected by the Francis I dawn of man screen crash (machine specific problem), and are trying to play as Francis I. The second cause I can think of is that you've altered some core BtS files while modding, instead of using custom assets. Those are the only things I can think of that can cause that, and I'm not capable of fixing either (though Francis will be removed in the next update, read the last page of the Bug reporting thread for more info).

Top Bottom