Bug Reports

Hmm, that sounds like a bug in RevDCM. I'm assuming you're talking about when you select "start as minors" in the ancient era.

I have searched, and have been unable to find the answer.

Just installed the new LoR 0.97. First uninstalled the .9.x (think it was 6c I had, might have been even earlier). Installed Improved Graphics. Install went fine. Loaded LoR (direct from end of installer) game started. Selected my options (Smart Map, Huge, etc). Game began to initialize, crashed before it fully loaded. Assumed problem with Huge Map, went back in, selected Large map, and it loaded fully into game. However, unable to see any units!! They are there, but invisible to me.

I thought I had seen this happen before, but cannot find the solution. Since units are now invisible even when I DON'T load LoR, I assume I will have to re-install....but thought I'd check here for a solution before I do that.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Nice job on the update, it looks nice and I'm digging the improvements.

One problem: If I try to enter worldbuilder with this save, the game crashes. I am playing with unrestricted leaders and 0.9.7

Also, is there a way to make the installer preserve the settings files? Not a huge deal, but there are a few BUG ini changes that I have to redo after each upgrade.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0600.CivBeyondSwordSave
    244.2 KB · Views: 46
It seems like in the newest version there has been some change to the pathfinding:

If you have terrain like this:

ox
xo

where x is land and o is sea, naval units are able to move diagonally through the penninsula. It might well be that this was possible before, but it seemed strange to me... has anyone else noticed this?

It seems like in the newest version there has been some change to the pathfinding:

If you have terrain like this:

ox
xo

where x is land and o is sea, naval units are able to move diagonally through the penninsula. It might well be that this was possible before, but it seemed strange to me... has anyone else noticed this?

Nice job on the update, it looks nice and I'm digging the improvements.

One problem: If I try to enter worldbuilder with this save, the game crashes. I am playing with unrestricted leaders and 0.9.7

Also, is there a way to make the installer preserve the settings files? Not a huge deal, but there are a few BUG ini changes that I have to redo after each upgrade.

Thanks.

Confirmed.

Achilleszero, this appears to be an LSystem bug. Specifically:
Code:
File Art/Structures/Cities/an_Meso_American does not contain a node named 1x1_04 pointed at by artref art:building
Could you take a look at the LSystem file and figure out how to fix this?

This is the first and only time I have seen such a strange graphics issue in civ.

Newest LoR.

The strange radial pattern only shows in medium view - if I zoom in close enough it goes away, and if I zoom out to planetary view it goes away as well. I also included a pic of what is within the field of view when I close in... it seems there is a flickering shadow behind the courthouse, but I am also getting this behaviour elsewhere on the map... it seems like maybe the graphics card is choking on too many polygons or something, but as I say this has NEVER happenned before - and this map is not specially complex, or large, and there are not too many units in view.

The behaviour only happens around my home territory, if I go to a fog of war area the view is fine... again making me think that there is something buggy in some model that is trying to be displayed.

Attachments

• samp1.jpg
    samp1.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 57
  • samp2.gif
    samp2.gif
    275.6 KB · Views: 68
Achilleszero, this appears to be an LSystem bug. Specifically:
Code:
File Art/Structures/Cities/an_Meso_American does not contain a node named 1x1_04 pointed at by artref art:building
Could you take a look at the LSystem file and figure out how to fix this?

Not sure, bad node probably, because that node does exist in the nif. Actually I see several problems with the an-meso_American.nif so Ill have to check the newer version of CC to make sure theyre OK.

@ Palinathas

That's really wierd, I have no idea. Turn on python errors and see what it says. Also have you altered any of your BtS files?

Not sure, bad node probably, because that node does exist in the nif. Actually I see several problems with the an-meso_American.nif so Ill have to check the newer version of CC to make sure theyre OK.

OK, 0.9.7 needs an immediate fix though, since this is a critical bug. Any chance you could upload a fix for that crash in Stagnate's save (just download it, and go to world builder and it'll crash) sometime today? I have no idea how to fix LSystem crashes like this, unless it's pointing to a non existant file.

OK, 0.9.7 needs an immediate fix though, since this is a critical bug. Any chance you could upload a fix for that crash in Stagnate's save (just download it, and go to world builder and it'll crash) sometime today? I have no idea how to fix LSystem crashes like this, unless it's pointing to a non existant file.

Yeah Ill comb through that stuff. Was it only spitting errors for the cityL or should I check both LSystems?

The LSystem log doesn't say. Turn on error logging in your main BtS ini file, and then look in the logs, specifically the LSystem log for the LSystem error reports. In my experience the last item in the list is always the cause of the crash (assuming the LSystem is causing the crash, which it almost assuradely is here due to the behavior of the crash).

@ Palinathas

That's really wierd, I have no idea. Turn on python errors and see what it says. Also have you altered any of your BtS files?

Thanks for your time Phungus, but I figured it out, I'm a dummy and Bare Map was on......don't know why I didn't think of that earlier.....

Nice that works. I noticed I also forgot a source code file in the main download as well, so I'm just going to recompile a new installer, call it 0.9.7a. Unfortunately I don't have the time this evening to upload everything as it takes a few hours to do that, and also it takes a day to get aproved at ModDB and Strategy informer, so it'll be a day or two before 0.9.7a is up. Stagnate if you want to continue your game and not wait for the updated version to be uploaded on the web, just download achilleszero's attachement, and put the CityLSystem and PlotLSystem files in LoR's XML/Buildings folder.

Already got that, thanks. However it was confusing to have two PlotLSystem files (one in the core folder and the other)...Might be worth clarification.

The other is if you are using the Enhance Graphics add on. You can only have one PlotLSystem file in the XML/Buildings folder, so you use one or the other.

Top Bottom