Build Queue

Tubby Rower

Chronic Slacker
We need to decide a build queue since [civ4] doesn't allow transfer of shields from one build to another.

So to start off the discussion here is my proposal

Switch to a worker immediately after growing the capital to pop 2. Let the worker finish then finish the initial warrior build then start on a barracks.

no that was not the overall opinion which is why this discussion is taking place.

Many people said that they wanted to switch to a worker at pop2. The purpose for this thread is the 24 hour discussion before a poll is put up.

By waiting to pop2 we can get more food+shields to generate the worker faster than if you started it from the beginning. Have the worker pop out can also speed the warrior build.

Allow the warrior to be completed. Having as many units out as possible to find those goody huts is essential, especially when other civs undoubtabley start with the hunting technology (meaning scouts). Besides, once we grow to pop2, the build time on the warrior would cut in half (I would think we'd work somewhere with a hammer), so having a worker out improving the land wouldn't do much for production, especially when we can't even mine anything.

I'm not sure I'm seeing the benefits of switching to a worker?

Having a worker out earlier means we hook up the floodplains and those strange pink creature to our city. We agreed to go after Animal Husbandry first, so we could use our worker sooner. We may lose one goodyhut by having one less warrior scouting around, but we will lose valuable city growth by delaying our worker build. I don't know if we should use that warrior to scout, anyway. I think the first warrior we build should stay in the city to protect our children.

If I can find that thread, there were many people that wanted to start a worker a size 2 ("build" a warrior first, then switch @ 2). My support is behind this proposal of Tubby's.

Here is one such thread

Btw & OT, congrats on the 3,000th post Tubby [party]

The Poll has been set up. It will end a couple hours after the turn set is played. So vote before then ;)

Top Bottom