Build Up

BJ Joey

Chieftain
So, being a new C2C player, I am noticing new features of C2C all the time. Units can now "Build Up", manually or automatically (Blue or Red Shield option) and you are given some options as to what they should improve.

In practical terms, what does this give the unit? Is it advisable to remember which units will complete their 5-year cycle of build-up and then give them something else to improve?

You can only have 1 type of build-up on unit unless it's bugged like Range Targeting I.
In practical terms, what does this give the unit?
First strikes, bonus against animals, withdrawal chance, stealth combat bonus+strikes, extra healing at a cost of combat malus, crime/disease/education/dissent control.

Last edited:
I assume that I have the most up-to-date one as I download it only about a week ago.

I'm not sure what that is.
That's where you get "most up-to-date", most fixes and changes are released there at least monthly, usually multiple times per week.
Range Targeting I is still broken, of course, but it's not game-ruining. Other stuff like Realistic Culture rework is very much worth the effort.

That's where you get "most up-to-date", most fixes and changes are released there at least monthly, usually multiple times per week.
Range Targeting I is still broken, of course, but it's not game-ruining. Other stuff like Realistic Culture rework is very much worth the effort.
How could I check if I do have this?

How could I check if I do have this?
Right-click mod's folder - if someone installed C2C for you through TortoiseSVN, there will be SVN Checkout and Tortoise SVN droplist where you can update mod.

They are supposed to disappear as soon as you've moved and you should never be able to have more than one kind at a time - that said, there could be bugs.

Top Bottom