1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Building a better leader: The Adaptive trait

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Just thought I'd remind you all of this: unless you're a follower of the OO, you can always build warriors. They're upgradable to the Drown, so unless you can build them, you always can build warriors.

2. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

I had the hitchhikers guide jump to mind, wherein a missle spontaneously transforms into a sperm whale and falls to the earth. Could work for kraken too, flapping about piteously on land.

3. eerr

eerr Emperor

does anyone smell the idea of a traveling circus unit?

4. QES

QES Court Jester

This isnt true anymore. I ragged on Kael about it, and now the promotion is available only in the temple, and its not technically an "upgrade" but a spell. Warriors are no longer always available.
    -Qes

5. QES

QES Court Jester

Ok, simply for that thought and referance alone, i agree that Kraken should be able to be chosen for experimentaion results. I too would want a floppy kraken crying for mommy and/or wondering if the ground would be its friend.
    -Qes

6. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Awesome! That's actually a nice balance change, now that I think about it. The drown were always a bit strong.

7. Sareln

Sareln Warlord

Wow, not more than 8 hours off the trail, am now clean for the first time in days, and there's a new thing in FfH to play with? (Well, several things...). What am I going to do when school starts huh?

8. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

lol another one is one the way.

9. QES

QES Court Jester

Loki! Sir! You are a big tease! I call them as I see them, and I see that you sir are deplorable! Give us information...give us hints, give us juice....give <slavers all over self>.
    -Qes

10. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

Orthus/Archeron/Defeats do not cause OOS in MP, but adaptive trait does.

11. Jono

Jono Emperor

Well, not exactly, it blinks OOS, I'm not sure it actually affects gameplay. Well, someone did lose their trait after rejoining the game.

12. Lord Blade

Lord Blade Chieftain

I've got a suggestion (I didn't spot it being made)...

When you get that pop-up window asking you to pick a new trait...
    Can you PLEASE set it up so that each option shows a tooltip letting us know exactly what each trait does?

Hell, I still don't even remember what most of the normal Civ traits do, let alone your new ones. So it makes it super hard to pick one.

(I'm currently trying to find a list online somewhere)

13. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

First off, good suggestion.
    Second, its considered bad ettiquete to post in a thread that is 4 years old on something that has been in the mod for a long time. You should have just started a new thread.

14. AngelGabriel

AngelGabriel Warlord

[offtopic]

Oh come on ... in other message boards it's a cardinal sin to open new threads for topics which already exist (even if it needs the arcane techniques of thread-necromancy to prevent doing so ;)). Apart from that: There's no harm done in using this existing thread, especially as the question seems to be quite ontopic (which is quite a wonder regarding the age and advancement of this thread).
    So please ... don't play police where it's not necessary. No offense meant by the way.

15. Emptiness

Emptiness []

This thread is full of outdated information. Resurrecting it can potentially misinform or confuse new players, who might read the thread without fully understanding that some of the information in it is no longer accurate. Better to let outdated threads die so that only accurate information is near the top.

16. AngelGabriel

AngelGabriel Warlord

I see ... that's a point. And a much better explanation in my opinion than 'bad etiquette'. Nevermind ... :)

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that sure was one hell of a necro. Bravo :D

18. aimlessgun

aimlessgun King

Hrm was scanning the thread to see if I could dig up the rationale for not being able to change traits until really far into the game (I understand wanting to see the map, but 296 turns in, I've seen the map and then some). Also only being able to switch 2-3 times in a game seems a little limited. Didn't find the reasoning on those 2 things but maybe I missed it in my scanning.

19. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

296 turns in? Must be related to game speed, on normal I think it is on or around turn 100, unless my brain is also running on outdated information.

20. a_civilian

a_civilian Warlord

It's scaled by game speed and marathon is three times as long as normal.