Building a better leader: The Adaptive trait

Your advisers have suddenly started discussing an issue thought resolved centuries ago; raising the topic from the dead, so to speak:

* Ah, it is good to see my advisers have taken an interest in necromancy:
Requires Ashen Veil
- Gain 3 diseased corpses

* To question the sacred texts is blasphemy. Have them executed:
Requires Order
- Starts a Golden Age

* Ignore them, maybe they will shut up:
- 1 :mad: in all cities temporarily

Izmir Stinger, that is hilarious! :lol:

You should consider posting it in the Common Events thread.

I thought it was in the forum rules that we are supposed to post in an already existing thread instead of creating a new, if we can. And use search if necessary to find such a thread.

I thought it was in the forum rules that we are supposed to post in an already existing thread instead of creating a new, if we can. And use search if necessary to find such a thread.

I don't know if that's a forum rule, but the problem in this case is that this thread was 3-1/2 years old. The first post refers to version 0.15e! This mod has changed a lot since then -- as Emptiness pointed out, there's a lot of outdated information in this thread, which could be confusing to newer players.

Anyway, one good thing to come out of the thread necro was the new event proposed by Izmir Stinger. :lol:

I don't know if that's a forum rule, but the problem in this case is that this thread was 3-1/2 years old.

Abstaining from creating a new thread when a relevant one exists is not a hard and fast forum rule, but it is a recognized forum courtesy. OTOH, bumping old threads with outdated info is counter to forum courtesy. Typically forums that are concerned with such niceties archive any thread that has gone 6 months or a year with no new posts to prevent this kind of thing happening.

This is not a board that nitpicks over that kind of thing, but this particular instance of old-thread bumpage is getting remarked because it is so egregious.

Anyway, one good thing to come out of the thread necro was the new event proposed by Izmir Stinger. :lol:

I'm glad everyone likes it. On a couple other forums I frequent where this kind of thing is taken seriously the customary practice for when someone violates forum etiquette is to mock them mercilessly until a moderator comes by and locks/deletes the thread. When the violation is thread necromancy, zombie related humor is customary.

Top Bottom