Building Graphics: Kelp Farm

Drift

It's a boy!
Kelp Farm.

If I understand correctly, kelp is common name for certain branch of underwater plants that are both expansionist and industrious as they grow large and do it fast.

Basically I was thinking of new techs to extend the Modern age a bit and came up with advanced seafarming. I guess the damn thing should look a bit more modern, but this is my first shot of drawing something from the scratch instead of nicking it for example from the city view fillers. After working with it for some time during this night I decided to be happy with it. Background (grass and the coastline) is from the Transatlantic Cable Wonder Graphcis by Ukas, I hope you still won't mind. :) Build icons are ugly and should be replaced but I have no short term plans of doing it as it seems to be 7.00AM and I'm still up.

There aren't many uses for this one - main one being additional food per water tiles. If you have something against vegetarism, feel free to rename it a Fish Farm. :)

Edit: Made a new improved version. Sorry for the trouble to those who already downloaded the original (seven people if I remember correctly). It just happened, that I couldn't live with some of its flaws. Especially the build queue icons were horrible.

Attachments

• kelpfarm_new.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 490
And here's a preview of the new version with the old one next to it.

Attachments

• kelpfarm_preview.jpg
    kelpfarm_preview.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 934
Originally posted by elementgoo
Good start, needs more detail. Keep it up!

This would be true If I actually were a talent with this stuff. :D So consider it finished for now. Lack of detail is evident but like I said, I have no current plans of touching this in the future. Don't think it would be worth the trouble considering the probable end result. Besides, right now I can think of couple of other things more fun than one pixel brushing. Like sleeping. Or dozing off. Or falling asle.... zzzzz

Great building - more food for future Tomainians! :goodjob:
Except I'm probably going to name it fish farm - it's not healthy to eat green food. Think about green steaks, yuch! :ack:

Just making sure those interested notice that I released a new, improved version. Download it from the original post. Again, sorry for the trouble. Should always wait 24h between supposedly finishing some city graphics and releasing 'em to the public. :)

Drift: "Background (grass and the coastline) is from the Transatlantic Cable Wonder Graphcis by Ukas, I hope you still won't mind."

Hell no, I could have sent you my empty one if you had asked. :)

BTW, preview shows the old one.

Top Bottom