And honestly the mechanic of sacrificing population for hammers is something I want to exclude from the mod because it is far too good of a mechanic. Like, there is a reason why high level players don't ever switch out of slavery. So I want to shake things up by not having it. Although I might find a way to include it back later in some way, shape or form with a more significant drawback.
If you’re worried that Slavery is overpowered, you could simply nerf it by changing the hammer to population ratio used when whipping.

If you’re worried that Slavery is overpowered, you could simply nerf it by changing the hammer to population ratio used when whipping.
I am just not sure how much is enough for that. Like are there any mods that do that and if so what balance did they choose?

Also, I am currently working on the text for a new thread.

I am just not sure how much is enough for that. Like are there any mods that do that and if so what balance did they choose?
One Deity player has been advocating for 20 (base) production per population instead of 30: posts 1 2
I use 24 in AdvCiv, but that's a fairly recent change and the mod also makes food near capitals somewhat less abundant and has a game option for disabling Slavery entirely; so the nerf is only intended to make Slavery less impactful, not really to put it in its proper place. At 24, my impression has been that it still makes sense to double-whip cities with a food resource and few other good tiles as often as the anger timer allows.

Personally I think that the mechanic either should not exist at all or should only be something you do for emergencies as opposed to being the main thing you do.
But I recognize that it is a contentious issue so I intend to keep it in for now. I will try setting it to 20 and seeing how things go. Thanks.

By god I have it. Both the lore and the mechanics. Will post so in my new thread.

Top Bottom