1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C civilizations megapack

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by Sparth, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have and I might do so. I have not tried them all in game yet which is the last test that needs to be done. I am about 25% through the Cs at the moment but I have rediscovered MineCraft :D

MattCA and Raven Destroyer like this.
  2. BackseatTyrant

BackseatTyrant Queer Anarchotranshumanist

I concur with Thunderbird, there are quite a few nations and leaders on the list that I honestly don't want

gamer1978 likes this.
  3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

They have always been modular so you can turn them on/off as you like in the MLF. TB was, as I understand it, suggesting I release as I complete. So I could release a pack containing the As and Bs now then when I have done them release the whole pack again with the As to Cs in it and so on.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'd release them all as individual download links if you can so people only have to get what they want.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

That would only work if there were no Custom Civilizations already. It can be done but you would have to edit the MLF file and add in the one you want there as well as download.

We could set it up as I did the My_Mods and My_mods (unloaded) folders I suppose. Where you move the ones you don't want into the unloaded version or deleted them

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah I figured that would be the case but if you batch it in any manner this will be necessary anyhow. You can have the one large MLF, and it should be in the mod core anyhow, and then once you've downloaded and placed the custom civ in place, you'll have to have to, as the user, go in and turn on that civ in the MLF file. Maybe @billw2015 could even include a simple batch file in each download that installs it and turns it on in the MLF without messing with any other settings? Maybe he could show us how to copy and adjust one so it can be included for each of these?

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

This happens all over the place in C2C. The long movie files for example. We need something that will work across all these cases.

However if I do it the way I did the My_Modules stuff there is no need for MLFs as the default is load everything in that folder. That way if you down load them individually and install they are automatically on. If you want to turn off existing ones you would need to just delete or move the individual folder to the (unloaded) or (off) folder.

edit of course any modders who do that will need to be very careful that they do not update the SVN

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Right I see.. .yeah that's probably easier that way.

9. billw2015

billw2015 King

I mentioned it before, but what I would like to do is write a proper installer for this mod, it can also deal with mod mods, modules, configuration, switching to SVN branch etc. Probably after FPK Live and git is done I will start it.

MattCA and TaylorItaly like this.
  10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is a "branch" on the SVN that is just movies instead of the static ones we currently use.

billw2015 likes this.
  11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

After being distracted by an ear infection, I have completed up to the end of the J's. Sorry it is taking so long.

12. miccal2000

miccal2000 Chieftain

You're doing all of us a massive solid, so please take your time! Glad you are feeling better.

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Attached is the As and two Bs that I have tested only as far as they are working in the pedia. I am actually half way through the Ms but when I tested in the pedia I found that those civs that have the city names in the civilisationinfos file rather than using a TEXT_ name are causing some problems with encoding which means they don't work in the pedia.

To install.
    • download the file
    • find the Modules/Custom_Civilizations folder in your installation of Caveman2Cosmos
      • delete the file MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls
      • delete any civilization you don't want in this folder
    • open the compressed file
    • copy the folders of the civilizations you want from the compressed folder into the Custom_Civilizations folder
    edit I have decided to put those with a problem to the side for now and just get on with converting the "easy" ones;)

Problem ones at the moment are, Belarus, Berbers, Bohemia, Bolivia, European Union, Iceland and Lebanon

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    TaylorItaly likes this.
  14. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

I love this mod mod. Please don't let it die. Are you finishing it and doing the last few civs to upload? Small problem with Colombia btw was giving me an error at start. I deleted Colombia and all was fine. Thanks again btw.

15. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

I usually just delete the nations that are fantasy and not real world nations that existed in the past. I like my Civ game to be as much historical and somewhat realistic as possible. I think it makes it much more fun. This mod is great - the fantasy Civilizations like Westoros (game of thrones) I just don't think belongs here. Real world Civs that are not in the regular Cavemen to Cosmos but on this mod...those are wonderful.

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

What error did you get? Last few? I have done about half which means 70 still to do!:D It goes slowly. Being retired means you don't get as much time to do stuff as you did when you worked.:lol:

TaylorItaly likes this.
  17. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

Il put colombia back in a write the error down. Il have to wait till later on today. At work unfortunately. 70 more ouch...still your doing everyone a nice favor. People that want more civilization variety.

I had to start a new game to see the Colombia error log...not just start the mod itself. Anyways this is what the error says: XML ERROR: Tag: Leader_Chavez in info class was incorrect.
    Current XML file is: modules\custom_Civilizations\Colombia\Colombia_Civ4diplomacyInfos.xml

Hope that helps.

Question: You said Bohemia was having a problem. If I wanted to fix it myself how I would go about doing it? Or is it too much complicated?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Not sure but it looks like Columbia got Venezuela's XML code. I'll see if I can fix it.

The problem with Bohemia is that the pedia is not recognizing some text encoding. I had a thought this morning that may fix the problem, so I am going to try that first. What ever it is should be simple.

edit There are definitely some characters in the civilization infos files that are not of the encoding specified in the XML header. I am changing the header to the other encoding to see if that works. no it didn't fix it. Somewhere in the text (in Civ_Infos) there is a bad character :( Tracking it down will take forever, mostly due to my dyslexia ;)

I have uploaded the L, M, N and O civs for all

plus a fix for Columbia and broken Bohemia for @gamer1978 to look at.

edit 2 Costa Rica, Peru and Romania have encoding problems. Probably also need to change the name of Costa Rica from Republic of Costa Rica

edit 3 turns out my XML editor enforces encoding so I can use that by having it deleting offending characters and then comparing with the original to see where the offending character is.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    TaylorItaly likes this.
  19. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

I loaded the game with Bohemia and it works now. Does not shows the cities on the pedia though for that particular civ. Besides that it worked.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  20. Heraldic

Heraldic Chieftain

What happened to the mod? I can no longer put it with this new version of C2C.