C2C civilizations megapack

So, how dead is this ModMod at this point in time, and if so what's needed to Undead it?

Pretty dead by now :crazyeye:. All that is needed to fix the mod would be some XML updating, but most people don't see the worth as in C2C today the differences between civs is just a different portrait, starting culture, and traits (though only if you aren't using the dynamic trait option). Furthermore, the eventual goal is to slowly usher out civs all together and have it so your civ is dynamically made over time, so few want to do work that will eventually (hopefully) become useless.

I might be willing to fix it, but in that case, I need to know what XML files are causing errors and why.

Last edited:
I might be willing to fix it, but I need to in that case need to know what XML files are causing errors and why.
There's an XML checking tool that can be used to determine that and I think it's still fairly easy to find the link to getting it in the modder's documentation.

No it's more of a C2C house design tool. I have it but my files are a mess at the moment. Maybe pm DH or Toffer for it.

Okay, so I'm going through all the XMLs within the modmod that the checking tool registers an error from ,and I'm noticing something with Argentina.

Within "...\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Argentina\Argentina_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml", there is a line that wants to find find an XML file called "...\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\Argentina\Argentina_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml", but it doesn't appear to exist. Same thing goes for Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Benin, Cherokee, Colombia, Morocco, Navajo, Neanderthal, Phoenicia, Scotland and Venezuela; far from all of them, but enough to deserve attention. Does anybody know what this is about?

EDIT: this CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml file, is it something I can simply copy from civs that has this file included?

Sorry guys, is this modmod compatible with the new SVN?

It is giving me some errors:

- XML load error , and

- XML parsing SAX error.

Thanks

Sorry guys, is this modmod compatible with the new SVN?

It is giving me some errors:

- XML load error , and

- XML parsing SAX error.

Thanks
Nope.

Too many things were changed, now this modmod is completely broken.

Nope.

Too many things were changed, now this modmod is completely broken.
Would be nice to fix it though...

Speaking of which, we really need to figure out how to best go about adopting leaders to an alternative definition set of default traits that work with Complex Traits at some point soon.

shame :( I really liked this modmod for I could play Armenia, even if it's just cosmetic there's a certain satisfaction to shine as a nation that was historically the underdog

What needs to be done to fix it? I know in the Leader XML files, the eras need to be changed from Prehistoric/Ancient to Ancient/Sedentary.

What needs to be done to fix it? I know in the Leader XML files, the eras need to be changed from Prehistoric/Ancient to Ancient/Sedentary.

Plus change the schema files.

I am having a look at what needs to be done now. I am not back but I have a copy of this on my lap top and a fairly up to date C2C.

I have only managed to do the As and Bs so far. Real Life is getting in the way.
Have we considered releasing each as an individual download rather than in one giant megapack?

Top Bottom