C2C - Flammability

I request in advance that there be an on/off option for these new things in the Custom game options.

I think your going to be better with a fire control civic that makes/lets you build ordinance (not building buildings that require a civic to function) in your cities. Which means revoltions to change civics increase the risk of fires as your not paying people to not let that happen. Unless your running the ordinance bucket brigades and then volenteer fire fighters.

Also, I think you'd be best off making the ordinance per town build issue. Make a new national project thing only opens up the options. Then go for the civic at first.

If your adding in flamability, make sure its also a combat mechanic... C2C has arsonists as a long term unit after all... though using fire as a weapon should risk causing unit killing fires on plant filled tiles. Crispy Stacks of Doom. Also that means adding in wildfires/forest fires that are hard to put out until you get fire fighting units. unit starting with works and then to professionals are needs to stop this mess.... which means storms and such causing fires with lightning.

In short, that is a giant can-o-worms your opening.

then there is fire ships and fire balloons.:mischief:

then there is fire ships and fire balloons.:mischief:

Seriously I have been wanting both of those for a long time now. Also Petards like in AOE2. Which was basically guys with a barrel of explosives who would blow up and take out whatever was around them at the cost of themselves. In fact perhaps we should have some sort of suicide bomber for the modern era. Such as ...

Petard (Gunpowder) -> ? (Explosives) -> Suicide Bomber (Plastics AND Electronics)

Your going to need either nationalism or intolerance running to get someone to be a sapper... probably other things concidering how much it takes to convince someone that is in their best intrests.

As long as we are tossing things at a wall with fire, priests that go into a city and torch themselves as a protest causing massive unrest... though only against aestists, police states, somewhere purging that religion, or the like.

Greek fire should also be an even based upgrade that gives high damage and stack splash damage against wooden ships. That and a dragon shaped flame thrower weapon that reqiuires being fortified to be usable. If we are going for event based, an event that grants you a unit or three that is a worker that builds one shot land mines as a terrain improvement.

Ori, AIAndy and Koshling

So now that v18 is released can you guys start working on this?

Sure, can do.

Do you intend to have further such scores in the future?
Instead of the fast way now to simply add those tags I could also implement a more generic system that allows to add any number of named properties to a building or unit which are then accumulated and tracked on different levels (city, player, team, ...).

Can you guys make a generic system in which can keep track of a value from buildings and then have it triggered by a series of events? Such as the fire events or crime events.

Ori, AIAndy and Koshling

So now that v18 is released can you guys start working on this?

Can you guys make a generic system in which can keep track of a value from buildings and then have it triggered by a series of events? Such as the fire events or crime events.
It is the next item on my list.

sugestion .
what about to do something like this to represent the transformation to huge urban cities

. i am thing like this. every building will give one point. the house buildings will give something like this

small dencity 2 points
medium dencity 5
hight dencity 10
very hight dencity 20
if the total points are 100 or 200 ( based on the amount of building the city will turn to urban enviroment it will give this bonuses

bonus in infantry
decrease of S of armor units
farm buildings will give less food

I have pushed the first version of the generic property system to the SVN.
Property types are defined in CIV4PropertyInfos.xml (currently crime and flammability are defined).
Buildings can have these properties (example is -20 crime on the palace) and they are accumulated for cities and players.
The values are currently displayed in the mouseovers of buildings, the city bar and the player flag.

Now the question is where exactly you want them used:
A prereq before you can build a building? (Like you can only build some special crime building when your crime rate is high enough)
Exposed to Python?
Some tag for events? (prereq of a certain amount of a property before it can trigger?)
And/Or something else?

I have pushed the first version of the generic property system to the SVN.
Property types are defined in CIV4PropertyInfos.xml (currently crime and flammability are defined).
Buildings can have these properties (example is -20 crime on the palace) and they are accumulated for cities and players.
The values are currently displayed in the mouseovers of buildings, the city bar and the player flag.

Now the question is where exactly you want them used:
A prereq before you can build a building? (Like you can only build some special crime building when your crime rate is high enough)
Exposed to Python?
Some tag for events? (prereq of a certain amount of a property before it can trigger?)
And/Or something else?

If you're adding new accumulated values in the same vein as most existing values, don't forget to update the force retest code too please. You'll find it at the bottom of cvplayr.cpp and cvcity.cpp more or less - I forget the actual rothine name off the top of my head.

If you're adding new accumulated values in the same vein as most existing values, don't forget to update the force retest code too please. You'll find it at the bottom of cvplayr.cpp and cvcity.cpp more or less - I forget the actual rothine name off the top of my head.
I added that code (if I got it correctly).
Actually you will need to use the forced recalculation to make the accumulated values correct in old save games.

What I have not done is adding a remapping for the property numbers if the order in the property info xml is changed.

@AIAndy

So if i want to start giving values to buildings what is the code I need to use? Also do I just update my schema with a copy of the current "Afforess_CIV4BuildingsSchema.xml" ?
Yes, you need to update the schema and best look into the example negative crime rate on the palace building.

Adding a property to buildings is done like this:
Code:
<Properties>
	<Property>
		<PropertyType>PROPERTY_CRIME</PropertyType>
		<iPropertyValue>30</iPropertyValue>
	</Property>
	<Property>
		<PropertyType>PROPERTY_FLAMMABILITY</PropertyType>
		<iPropertyValue>-20</iPropertyValue>
	</Property>
</Properties>

Adding new property types is done by adding a new entry at the end of Civ4PropertyInfos.xml.

So just to be clear ...

+ Crime = More Crime Events
- Crime = Less Crime Events

+ Flammability = More Fire Events
- Flammability = Less Fire Events

Thus Law buildings should give - Crime while crime buildings should give + crime. And flammable buildings should give + flammability and buildings like a fire station should give - flammability.

Correct?

So just to be clear ...

+ Crime = More Crime Events
- Crime = Less Crime Events

+ Flammability = More Fire Events
- Flammability = Less Fire Events

Thus Law buildings should give - Crime while crime buildings should give + crime. And flammable buildings should give + flammability and buildings like a fire station should give - flammability.

Correct?
Correct, that is the intuitive way to do it (although purely from a mechanic standpoint you could do it entirely opposite as well).

one could probably assign a flammability score to each building - then run a candotrigger python script to look at all buildings in the city to see if it exceeds a certain score - and if yes trigger.
Then just use a python script to pick one or more buildings to destroy in the actual event.

Essentially you would have a base chance for the event to trigger at all - and if it could trigger it would check whether there is enough fuel to do so.

Edit: one could also do multiple events with increasing likelihood at increasing flammability thresholds, with iWeight governing the chance of the event and iflammable being the score, lets say flammability starts at 100 and the scores you state are just added/subtracted:
iWeight - iflammable
5 - 100 <-- very unlikely
25 -200 <-- unlikely
125 - 300 <-- about average chance for an event
625 - 400 <-- high chance for an event
3125 - 500 <-- very high chance for an event

one could even go finer than that - just clone the triggers...

Ok I applied the +/- flammability values to the buildings. Please use the chart above to trigger a fire event. The flammability values may need to be tweaked since there are way more flammable buildings than anti-flammable buildings. However I do have some idea for some new anti-flammable buildings so it may work out just fine.

Note that not all building have a flammability stat, only ones that specifically involve water/firefighting or can cause fires such as a fire pit or chemical factory.

Many thanks to ori and AIAndy! :goodjob:

I could look it up myself, but I am lazy :mischief: what is the range of values you are using?

Well most are between 5 and 30 (I have one +50 for the toxic waste dump). I cannot list them all because there are too many. In addition they do not exist all at once. For instance early eras have not much of either side, but by the industrial era there are tons of flammable buildings (mostly power plants and factories).

In short we will just have to test and see if fires are too frequent or not enough.

Top Bottom