C2C - Maintenance Adjustments

@Nevets

That reminds me I need to set up the whole Jewelers crafting web. So many aspects of the game to do. Seems like I have too much on my plate. I will hopefully get to it eventually, since I did have a plan for it using the goods system and the "smithing" buildings. Basically the gem mines would make Good (Raw Gems) and then it would unlock a Gem Cutter which would make Good (Cut Gems). Meanwhile the smithing buildings like the Goldsmith or Silversmith would produce Good (Precious Metals) which along with Good (Cut Gems) would unlock the Jeweler's. In short ..

Fake Resource -> Processing -> Jeweler's

Doesn't that sequence mean you'd be out of luck if you didn't have gems? i.e. - there is no jewlery that doesn't involve gems, so just gold, or semi-precious stones etc. are not good enough ever?

What if you don't use Guilds or Corps? Especially if you've struggled to understand how to make them work properly? Will I be penalized for Not building them? Will my slider be down to 0, 0r 10% for research while the AI is romping away?

Guess I'll have to wait and see.
OT:
For right now I'm making major changes to my CivicsInfos xml file on all Gov't and many of the Power Civics to reduce WW and types of yeilds they should get. And to rearrange how I believe the Civics should behave as to their type. Ex. you'll have a hard time proving to me That Communism should have a +25% production bonus. Or that there wasn't/isn't a cost to maintain Military units from the population for it. Or that there wasn't food shortages. The Kremlin may have been rich but the country was poor. I've also lowered for the most part the Gold yields on those Civics.

JosEPh

Doesn't that sequence mean you'd be out of luck if you didn't have gems? i.e. - there is no jewlery that doesn't involve gems, so just gold, or semi-precious stones etc. are not good enough ever?

It depends upon what the bonus buildings make. I could make a set of bonus resources that do not require gems, such as stone + 2nd resource or obsidian + 2nd resource. I could also set it up so it would be an OR such as Good (Cut Gems) OR Good (Precious Metals). I could even throw in Good (Ivory) or other such non-mineral jewelery (up to 5 choices).

What if you don't use Guilds or Corps? Especially if you've struggled to understand how to make them work properly? Will I be penalized for Not building them? Will my slider be down to 0, 0r 10% for research while the AI is romping away?

JosEPh

I have Guilds turned off, always. Not that that is stopping it suggesting I build them - I must look into that, should be a simple bit of XML that has gone missing.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.
OT:
For right now I'm making major changes to my CivicsInfos xml file on all Gov't and many of the Power Civics to reduce WW and types of yeilds they should get. And to rearrange how I believe the Civics should behave as to their type. Ex. you'll have a hard time proving to me That Communism should have a +25% production bonus. Or that there wasn't/isn't a cost to maintain Military units from the population for it. Or that there wasn't food shortages. The Kremlin may have been rich but the country was poor. I've also lowered for the most part the Gold yields on those Civics.

JosEPh

I've been looking at restructuring the Civics entirely and if you think you have a firm grasp on politics, economics, govts, etc. I would be interested in getting your input.
I'm pretty picky about establishing a realistic model and it's sort of my "downfall" because it's taking me longer just to CONCEPTUALIZE and organize what I think Civics should be. I could probably use the help of someone with additional "life experience" ;)

yeah... still on the plate to complete. You guys were changing things too quickly for me to get an edge in on it but I really just came to realize I didn't have as much time as I'd thought I would. I think I can find some more now for it. I still have the tool that Koshling built for me and I just gotta make sure I can get it running once I'm logged onto the SVN.

Top Bottom