1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C Options

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You should test this a bit to ensure you're really having a problem with this and it's not just some user error confusion (please refer to the v37 player's guide explanation on how the various option interactions should be set for what you want exactly). If you can really show that it's not acting right, by all means, please bring that up in the bugs and crashes thread and make sure you're on the latest SVN for that.

I'm ONLY reluctant to look into this due to limited time availability and not feeling like anything has been changed in that area of the coding for a very long time so not remembering anything recently that could've brought thiis sort of problem to the forefront. A little xml tweaking in the options xml could easily cause this sort of thing and maybe its nothing I interacted with but I do try to keep an eye on the subjects of adjustment to the SVN at least.

Anyhow, it's not that I don't believe your report - it's that I'd like to enlist your aid in making very sure there's a problem there before I invest the precious limited time and effort to investigate it further.

2. majaczek

majaczek Warlord

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

<nvrmnd>

4. majaczek

majaczek Warlord

further news:
    developing leaders conflicts with mods changing leader traits via GOM_OPTION
    it depends on something lost in the process :(
    but it works then like there was no traits on leaders

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I have a feeling you're trying to do something that wasn't intended with GOM_OPTION.

6. majaczek

majaczek Warlord

check the mod on link, and you will see whats up

EDIT: it worked before :|

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  7. Sakura Matou

Sakura Matou Chieftain

I use Limited Religions and choose religions, but have a quick question.

Say if I research Druidism and choose A religion, but then go and research tengri just to get it out of me queue, does that prevent the AI from founding a religion due to it saying "first to research founds a religion" since choose religions is on? Or can they still research it for a religion?

Thanks!

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Been a while since I've looked at the Limited Religion code. I don't think it keeps them from being able to but I can't verify that for sure right now. Would have to look at it later.

9. Sakura Matou

Sakura Matou Chieftain

No rush.

10. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

We are kind of getting away from players using those 2 Options impho. But T-brd's answer is the best course right now.

11. Sakura Matou

Sakura Matou Chieftain

That would be a shame, they are two of my favorite options...

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

We've put a lot of work into the Religions and the AI getting their fair share. Both those options are sub par, again impho, for the Ai to achieve it's best. When is the last time you used Multiple Religion Spread?

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Limited religion is a good option that won't be abandoned. It ensures that all the religions are spread around to different civs. Only way to have more than one holy cities is to conquer one.
    It's good for balance and is imo more realistic as well, what culture (civ) ever founded more than one religions without transforming into a new and different culture (civ) in the process.

14. tmv

tmv Emperor

In RL Jerusalem is pretty much the holy city of both Judaism and Christianity, and a very important city for Islam as well, Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism are from India, Confucianism and Taoism are from China. While both Zoroastrianism and Bahai are from Persia, in this case there is a clear cultural difference.

15. Sakura Matou

Sakura Matou Chieftain

I actually am using it now along with decay. XD

I think they are great options tbh and should stay as options. Sorry that I like everybody to found different religions and be able to choose mine for RP reasons, And like to see "Holy Wars" early to mid game more often as well as not having two or three empires having all the holy cities.

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Choose Religions breaks games. The religious wonders are aimed at the era they occur in not an earlier era.

17. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Christianity ▬ Armenia or Roman Empire. (depends on perspective)
    Judaism ▬ Kingdom of Judah, or "Kingdom of Israel"/Samaria. (depends on perspective)
    Hellenism ▬ Ancient Greece, the religion was later adopted by the Roman Empire.
    Islam ▬ Islamic Civilization/state, or one of the several caliphates that belonged to it, like the Rashidun Caliphate. One could just combine and generalize to conclude Arabia as the founding civ.
    Zoroastrianism ▬ Medians or the Persians.

Hinduism ▬ No single founder or source, a fusion of various Indian cultures. One could perhaps point out the Early Aryans and the Indus/Harappan Civilization.
    Buddhism ▬ Equally unclear as Hinduism and it originates in the same region. One could speculate that Hinduism and Buddhism was properly defined by two different civs in that region. At that time almost every village could be seen as a distinctive civ, not unified under one rule.

I at least think it is better for realism that each civ only gets to found one religion and will have to adopt or conquer the others.
    I think this discussion will become mute if DH manages to implement the evolving religions idea of his, that would allow each civ to actually develop their own religion and there won't be a limit on how many religions are available, it will equal the amount of players on the map.

18. Sakura Matou

Sakura Matou Chieftain

So are you saying I will be losing that option soon and always be stuck with Druidism XD

I'm just saying it should stay an option.

I think more things break games more so then Choose religions ATM tbh.

19. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Don't worry, we rarely decide upon removing optional content.

20. Sakura Matou

Sakura Matou Chieftain

Thanks and good to know! BTW was there a reason dynamic naming of civs was removed? I recall it getting somewhat buggy in V35 so I assume that was the reason.

I also must say Toffer love the c2c world map!