C2C SVN Changelog

• Adjustments to select buildings and Civics for Health, plus Air, Water, Flammability, and Crime properties.

• Correct a couple of <!-- comment mistakes....Oops! :blush:

Last edited:
  • Adds 2 new missions to captive Neanderthals, Upgrade to Neanderthal Gatherer and Upgrade to Neanderthal Tracker.(was a request I think was valid and should be added right away. (Yes, despite the freeze... sorry if this frustrates anyone.))
  • Adds a text display for specialbuildingtype tech prerequisites. (Temples, for example, were not displaying their tech prerequisite because they derive it from their special building type and that had no display for the building itself... now it does!)

@Dancing Hoskuld : I do realize that the new missions make the neanderthal module a requirement. If you want to figure out for us how to modularize that, great, but the missions are in the DLL now as well so keep that in mind (putting the missions in the module will cause problems then if the module is disabled.)

I was looking to clear up any further planned DLL commits pre-release. This could be it for new DLL updates before release if no big bugs come up soon.

• Simplifies the Might promotionlines (for Size Matters) into one single line, Might.

Last edited:
  • Updates units that require the first ammunition building so that they can also be unlocked by the second one that should be replacing it. It looks like someone removed the replacement of that building but this should at least prepare for it to be replacing it again.
  • Corrects the OR building prerequisite issue for many units that I was trying to solve in the last commit. Took understanding that the building in question that replaces the Munitions Factory is in Pepper's module and thus adding a unit correction for these units to his module as well.

Last edited:
  • Corrected an encoding error in Concepts_CIV4GameText.xml that was introduced at rev. 9846.
  • Re-added the buildings that DH removed in rev. 9860. (DH did not intend for the buildings to be erased from the game, and the buildingclasses threw errors because the buildiings did not exist)

• Fixes a text string and all the places the code calls it in an incorrect manner.
  • Adds Arctic Combat IV promotion and adjusts Arctic Combat III to work with Permafrost while Arctic Combat IV handles Ice. This is to update to the new cold terrain scheme settled on for this era.
  • Adds Might X, XI, XII and XIII for the last eras of the game. Finishes the line.

Last edited:
  • Fixes a few display issues - the names of the routes weren't showing in the pedia and there was an unnecessary hard return before trait names in the help hovers.
  • Some further adjustments to land merchants to reduce the rush production amount a little so that it's less likely you'd be best off training them to provide all your production due to getting a greater return on production by using them than they cost to train. Corrected some buggy values on one of the unique merchant types along the way.

• Some further adjustments to land merchants to reduce the rush production amount a little so that it's less likely you'd be best off training them to provide all your production due to getting a greater return on production by using them than they cost to train. Corrected some buggy values on one of the unique merchant types along the way.
Does this mean you have undone the changes you did to fix the problems caused by doing what you say you are doing before? I.E. is this Déjà vu all over again?

• Commented out the "Ash" manufacture bonus.
  • Smokehouse now requires wood instead of charcoal.
  • Fixed the encoding error in Bonus_CIV4GameText.xml.
  • Removed a great person unique name (Mustafa Kemal Pasha) from great statesman because it threw off errors due to not having the required art assets.

Last edited:
  • Recorded tech tree quotes for techs made by Hydro and I this v39 cycle. That's what I'd planned for this cycle but I did, along the way, notice there are a LOT of undefined, unrecorded quotes now. We'll have to address that next cycle.
  • Recost Castle extensions and the extensions of extensions and the extensions of extensions of extensions.
  • In the effort of fixing one cost bug, I found a whole wonder file that had gone ignored during the recosting project. Recost all those.
  • Fix for the Surgeon's Office so it requires Drugs so that you can't build it and trap yourself out of having access to Surgeons and then being unable to train Doctors as a result.
  • Some more corrections to both law and medical buildings and units in light of some design rules that should be adhered to that just came to light - buildings that replace previous buildings that are also prereqs of other units should at minimum require the bonuses the most basic unit the building unlocks requires.

Last edited:
9872 is not going to fix the problem presented by using ForceObsoleteTech tag on earlier LE units Like Sheriffs and Riot Police. Also the obsoleting Tech is again too soon for these units and other LEs as well.

Oh and we have a tech called Fresponse???? Where and what is that?

• German translations for some prehistoric civics
  • Some german text corrections to distinguish the civic anarchism from the civil unrest at civic changes

• Allows players to be rewarded for not upgrading their crime control buildings so they can train cheaper Law units by not forcing their obsoletion anymore. At least the AI should work better and we won't ever get complaints about being cutoff from being able to train SOME kind of LE unit, even if its a prehistoric one in the modern era. I may not have used the <ObsoleteTech> tag before so it might not be as disastrous as I think it will be. We'll see.
  • Adjusted the increasing construction cost curve because buildings are getting way too expensive as the game goes on. Halved the increasing % adjustment arc that was initially put in play when the shift from Prehistoric to Ancient to Classical was making it feel like buildings weren't keeping pace with increasing production amounts.

• Modders may change the order XML missions are written.
    • Note that XML missions that do not appear in enums should always be below the last mission that do! (not sure if they will work, but they won't work for sure otherwise)
    • Additional notes on how the DO and DON'Ts when editing the DLL's enums are found at the CvEnums.h and CvXMLLoadUtilitySet.cpp files.
The general guidelines with this change is for the DLL modders when they touch the enums. From the XML perspective, aside from adding new XML at the bottom (I don't know if it should work), there shouldn't be any fear of switching between mission's position in the list and such in the future.

Top Bottom