C2C SVN Changelog

• Corrects settler unit production cost calculations.
  • Adds some production for tall grass removal and enhances the base on forests by an extra 10.
  • Removes an unnecessary iCost of 1 from the Tribe unit.
Note: I have one more issue to research into in the AI today.

Once this is complete, then the 3 day deepfreeze can restart and if we get no issues needing to be addressed prev38, we can release, so at the moment it looks like we're looking at Valentine's Day being THE release date, which is kinda ironically cool actually. Given how this mod IS a labor of love and a gift for those who enjoy it. For my wife and I, it's actually very meaningful for this version to be released on Valentine's day.

So I really hope all can be GTG after today and stays that way.

• Reduces the AI's willingness to send out all of its property control units in a city (mostly) under control to places in need.

That's it for now folks. Back in deepfreeze mode for a 3 day countdown to release.

Actually, playtesting showed the need for a few small adjustments:

• Production globals small adjustment
  • Reduces Okapi spawns just a notch
  • Recost fix for Venus of Willendorf

Last edited:
@strategyonly : At this time, I'm not seeing any cause to delay release. I'm putting my official stamp of approval and green lighting moving forward on that, if you can today. :D

"OFF-TOPIC"

trying to commit, SVN is failing again, so i have to wait for the SVN to correct itself, then i have to load to a ZIP that will take awhile, then i have to upload to Moddb, so it might take awhile again for that . . PLS be patient .

Last edited:
"OFF-TOPIC"

trying to commit, SVN is failing again, so i have to wait for the SVN to correct itself, then i have to load to a ZIP that will take awhile, then i have to upload to Moddb, so it might take awhile again for that . . PLS be patient . . if i cant get the SVN to work, i might need someone else to do the commit . .

it says Permission denied??

SF is sure taking it's sweet time being broken. A time to consider this zip and Moddb-option?

By Community Team February 9th, 2018

The coming week, February 12th through February 15th, SourceForge and Slashdot will be cutting over to a new datacenter with completely new hardware. While we will be working hard to ensure that there will be as few issues as possible, we still believe the community should be aware in the event any issues arise.

@Tajo,
Please no posting in this thread. Thanks.

• Fixes a huge array of issues with unit AI behaviors, poor and incorrectly functioning selection routines, places where unit AI types were changing to inappropriate new AI types, and bad criteria evaluations. This was initially about fixing a problem where the AI was spamming ruffian units, and there were a lot of buggy reasons for this, not just one or two. In the process, it may well correct a LOT of problems we've been seeing with the AI. Cannot promise ALL problems are resolved, but I suspect the AI should behave a lot better from here in a lot of ways.

• Also fixes and restructures the Might Promotionline for Size Matters

This set of fixes may well be so critical that it might be worth strongly considering repackaging v38 to a v38.1 or something and re-releasing. This one is VERY important - without it, nations are still likely to be causing their own collapse by inappropriate unit selections that create crime.

• Fixes bCivilizationTraits (they weren't working on Developing Leaders, thus the Ancient Ways wonders weren't working properly on that option.)

If we haven't re-released already, this would be a good fix to grab into that as well.

Last edited:
  • In the effort of making BuildingClasses redundant, I replaced the python code usage of the function:
    • getBuildingClassCount(iBuildingClassCount)
      • with the function:
        • CyPlayer.countNumBuildings(iBuildingType)
  • I also optimized some python code along the way.
  • The settings tab in the victory screen displayed empty parenthesis (), when playing without any traits, under all leader names in the list. Not any more.
There's likely some bugs introduced, as is always the case when changing a lot of python code. I tested some rounds in a modern era game without issues though.

• Removed some more redundant buildingclass stuff from python code.
    • When customizing Domestic and Revolution screen you can no longer add columns for specific buildingclasses, but that's okay because it's the equivalent to adding a column for a specific building, which is still possible.

Last edited:
There's likely some bugs introduced, as is always the case when changing a lot of python code. I tested some rounds in a modern era game without issues though.
Do you need a game or 2 in other eras?

• Decreases AI sensitivity to not being at target property amounts in the first layer of consideration. In layman's terms, it should diminish how badly they want storytellers right out the gate.
  • AI Players don't start with Neanderthal Warriors for city defenders now.
  • Fixes a major longstanding bug where AI cities were getting stuck on building research.
  • Possible AI fix to hunting with border patrol automation.

• Removed PyHelper usage in many python files.
    • The PyHelper only complicates code that can be oh so simple without it.
  • Optimized a lot of python code
  • Fixed an odd bug in diplomacy screen, where if you click on the "Cease Bothering Us!" option, the option was not correctly switched out with "Let's talk again!" and vise versa.
    • One had to click one of them twice before the other appeared. No longer the case though.
  • Map size no longer affect technology cost, I set the research modifier to 100% for all map sizes as previously discussed.

Top Bottom