C2C SVN Changelog

• New Promotion: By the Horns: +15% chance to subdue, tech prereq of Persistence Hunting, Unitcombat prereq of Weapon: Hand to Hand
  • Sets By the Horns as Free to Chasers
@billw2015 I tried to set up the linked folder situation as we discussed today and it worked like a charm EXCEPT when I went to commit, at which point I got this:
upload_2019-8-13_20-34-43.png

However, I was able to use my old original SVN folder - updated all the files I committed here and did it through that original folder repository and it worked. This Caveman2Cosmos_trunk folder reliably gets this result. Not sure if anything can be done about that. Otherwise it was all quite nice working through the mirror folder - the files indeed all updated immediately just as if I was working with the Caveman2Cosmos folder in the mods folder. (I renamed my original repository before I ran the install batch.)

• Fix to 4 uninitialized variables in CvPlayer

The std::length_error exception when you start a new game from either a scenario or a map generator, still persists.

The exception is not thrown after CvXMLLoadUtility::LoadPostMenuGlobals exits, or then after CvGame::init, but then right after GC.getNumPlayableCivilizationInfos is called from the exe.

Last edited:
  • Fixed 4 uninitialized variables and removed 2 unused in CvGlobals.
  • Previously, std::length_error occurred due to negative return value of GC.getNumPlayableCivilizationInfos() (close to 0xDADADADA) that the exe didn't expect, and caused new games to crash.
10955 is when @billw2015 added memset(0xDADADADA) to newly allocated objects, and is when this bug started to occur.
(Not to blame, but it has helped very much to identify erroneous codes that used variables before they were defined!)

Last edited:
  • Fixed a python error that can occur when starting a scenario where natural wonders are revealed by the human player before the game starts.
    • Just had to turn off the "forced" flag for the message that is to be displayed in the message box about discovering the wonder when the game actually starts.
    • The exe had trouble with forcing the message on screen during the loading screen.
    • Reported by @Fermongu

• Just a comment change so as to test my SVN commit capability - works now.

Note: @Dancing Hoskuld : Can you make this link the link you express for the repository checkout in the modder's section on the first post of the SVN thread PLEASE! This is the one with write access to the trunk without having to use your password whenever you do stuff.

https://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk

• Fixed some issues with the construction list in the city screen wonder tab.
    • When there were no regular buildings left to build the first wonder tab row would disappear.
    • The last row with the palace and culture wonders would overlap the project row; if there were any projects available these could get hidden under palace and cultural wonders.
10984 ▬ A couple of minor tweaks to the city wonder tab display.
10985☻Added a shift+X hotkey to the strategy overlay function that toggles the size of the overlay area between second and third ring city sizes.

• Modularized Andeanism.
  • Fixed code that does not do copy-non-defaults well on BuildingHappinessModifiers.
  • Fixed code to allow a single <DependencyType> tag where it's unnecessary to use nested <AndDependencyTypes> structure.
  • Removed Unused tags, eg. <TechHappinessTypes> and the like as well as <bTypeDependency>, from schema.
10-9-8-7, :lol:

ALERT - this update is infested with the delayed resolution pointer problem - please skip this update.

Last edited:
  • Adjusted the style of the xml loading code.
  • Made up a replacement for an ambiguous function GC.getOrCreateInfoTypeForString.
  • Modularized Baha'i.
  • Made an inline function CheckDependency() for the XML loader, to be reused, to enable dependency declaration in items such as in a <BuildingHappinessModifierType> tag. See Modules/zInterdependencies/ls612Trait_Religion_CIV4TraitInfos.xml for the new syntax.
10996 (Branch only)
  • Merge from trunk to /branches/unstable. Restore missing code from CvInfos.h due to previous trial and error at svn operations.

Top Bottom