C2C SVN Changelog

I have 3259 as the v25 release in my notes.

Edit: SO already posted it! (note to self-read the previous posts dummy! :p )

JosEPh

Proposal: Now the New Civ needs an Island or Archipelago map to go with it! Gotta have seas for them to sail on. ;)

JosEPh

Proposal: Now the New Civ needs an Island or Archipelago map to go with it! Gotta have seas for them to sail on. ;)

JosEPh

Planet Generator :hmm:

changed:
added schema for each file in Praetyre/Project Hades

OK changed/tweaked all LH's and btns to as much static ones as i could get, thx to DoomDoom.

deleted all associations of guilds in builds and in units, except for these three:

- Woodcutters Guild
- Artists Guild
- Guild Hall

I'm using the SVN now. Started a new game playing at Pirates (love the flag!). Only one turn in, no problems but just want to know how to update. I right clicked on the working copy and it downloaded a couple of files. My question is, do I just move the entire folder over to my MODS folder like I originally did or do I have to export it to another folder before copying it to MODS?
I currently have the SVN in a folder I named C2C test so I can have my regular version as well.

I'm using the SVN now. Started a new game playing at Pirates (love the flag!). Only one turn in, no problems but just want to know how to update. I right clicked on the working copy and it downloaded a couple of files. My question is, do I just move the entire folder over to my MODS folder like I originally did or do I have to export it to another folder before copying it to MODS?
I currently have the SVN in a folder I named C2C test so I can have my regular version as well.

It is safest to copy/export into a new folder. If you are sure there were no deletions happening then copying over an old one would work.

The new one looks good, too except my flag is now white. I right clicked on my C2C folder I use for the SVN and selected SVN update. It said it was version 3317. I then copied it over to my test folder, right clicking and selecting "SVN export all items here."
Finally I took that entire thing and put in the the MODS folder - I have my regular C2C folder and one I named C2C test for all the SVN stuff. Anyway, when I load my save game the French flag is yellow and the Pirate one is white. I prompted me to do the recalculate modifiers thing and I did. What did I do wrong that the flags are messed up?

Yeah I noticed the French flag was yellow too. Something is wrong with the flags I think. I also could have made the flag wrong. In which case I hope SO can fix since he has made tons of civs over the years.

If this is YOUR old one, this was the main reason i didnt use it, because it showed up white, so is this your OLD one again??

nrm, i changed it back to the one i had, sorry yours just doesnt work.:(

I have been using a free tool from Microsoft called Sync Toy for this purpose and I love it. You can Sync your SVN directory to your exec directory and it will preview the changes before you apply them. It can delete files on the target side that do not exist in the source side, or if you wish you can set options to not remove files from the target directory. This is useful if you have any personal files in the exec folders.

The preview feature is valuable is you make personal tweaks to any files, as you can see what will be overwriten. For personal tastes I nerf the Recon unit class from Explorers onwards, so when the SyncToy tells me Civ4UnitInfo.xml will be overwritten I save my copy to remember my tweaks. Using SyncToy also retains any modmods you have applied to your exec folder. If you do a new SVN export you have to remember to add the modmods again.

Take the time during setup to exclude the source code folders from your SVN side. These are not needed for the exec side.

Depending on how much was changed, I can download from SVN in about 5 minutes and update from SVN to my exec folder in less than one minute. I have not downloaded the C2C modpack from the official release site in over 6 months.

There IS a risk that an SVN release will materially break your game. You can revert the SVN and re-sync to your exec, or save a copy of your exec before you run SyncToy. Of course if you're backing up the exec folder that's roughly the same time as a fresh SVN export, but there still is the advantage of saving any modmods and personalisations.

SyncToy is available in 2 sizes, 32 bit and 64 bit. Win-7, and I think there is also an XP version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155

I have been using a free tool from Microsoft called Sync Toy for this purpose and I love it. You can Sync your SVN directory to your exec directory and it will preview the changes before you apply them. It can delete files on the target side that do not exist in the source side, or if you wish you can set options to not remove files from the target directory. This is useful if you have any personal files in the exec folders.

The preview feature is valuable is you make personal tweaks to any files, as you can see what will be overwriten. For personal tastes I nerf the Recon unit class from Explorers onwards, so when the SyncToy tells me Civ4UnitInfo.xml will be overwritten I save my copy to remember my tweaks. Using SyncToy also retains any modmods you have applied to your exec folder. If you do a new SVN export you have to remember to add the modmods again.

Take the time during setup to exclude the source code folders from your SVN side. These are not needed for the exec side.

Depending on how much was changed, I can download from SVN in about 5 minutes and update from SVN to my exec folder in less than one minute. I have not downloaded the C2C modpack from the official release site in over 6 months.

There IS a risk that an SVN release will materially break your game. You can revert the SVN and re-sync to your exec, or save a copy of your exec before you run SyncToy. Of course if you're backing up the exec folder that's roughly the same time as a fresh SVN export, but there still is the advantage of saving any modmods and personalisations.

SyncToy is available in 2 sizes, 32 bit and 64 bit. Win-7, and I think there is also an XP version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155
I think you might be better off to actually make your changes in your SVN directory. SVN respects local changes and when you update, it informs you of any conflict between your local changes and the repository and even better, it merges your local changes in if the repository change was not in the same location of the changed file.

Top Bottom