C2C SVN Changelog

• Actually does what was intended in the last commit regarding removing a level of camo invisibility on hills and peaks for foot units.
  • Should be a complete fix for the unit attack problems we've been experiencing on Quick Attack (Offense) and on Stack Attack. Any combination of the two on or off should work properly now.

• Fixes a reported crash.

• Ensures that AI cities will always make themselves useful if they have nothing better to do.

• Disables animations for air recon missions - when the Ornithopter animation is corrected or in the process of being corrected, I can turn this back on. Was causing a crash.

• Fixes PursuitVSUnitCombatChangeTypes on UnitCombat Infos.

EDIT:sorry... this last one is terribly bugged by a change I thought was too innocent to bother verifying. I'll have a fix up shortlly. Fixed with:

• Fixes crashbug in last dll.
  • Fixes InvisibilityIntensityTypes on units.

• Fixes a potential infinite loop in UNITAI_COUNTER processing. Was being short circuited properly by the dll but was detected during another recent debugging.

• Some debugging in updateCombat regarding units removing themselves from the stack after attack and advancing after attack. Please take note of any further bugs in this area with as much detail about the combat situation as possible. I noted numerous small potential problem spots and cleaned things up a bit but hopefully I've been right about all situations.

• Major AI update so that the AI should use currently defined status promotions appropriately. Playtesters please give feedback where you see the AI making questionable decisions regarding status promos. I'm hoping this doesn't add much in terms of turn time processing but it could add a little.

I did note another way I may be able to speed things up where buildup promos are concerned. Not tremendously sure it will be necessary though and it will take a little additional memory to do it.

• Fixes crashes taking place in non-Fight or Flight games.

• Makes Promotions Waylay I-III available to Combatants that have the capacity to be invisible for any reason.
(SO's example with the Deer Rider reminded me that Combatants may at times need some stealth strikes and stealth combat modifiers too.)

• Adjusts Shadowstrike promos to have stealth strikes rather than first strikes and makes them open to Strike Teams and Felines as well as Criminals. (Did not add for Ruffians - this is a bit too skilled for them.)

• Adds Insidiousness and Criminal experience to crimes that are autogenerated - and a few add exp for hunters/law enforcement and some investigation instead of insidiousness.

Take note of these adjustments Joe. Hope they don't mess with you at all.

• Some preparations for expanding the crime core promotionline. (Just a Thunderbrd.FPK and promotions moved in the promotion infos file. No actual game adjustments at this point - yet.)

• Adds a Promotion tag that can be called by the pedia to express unitcombats that can obtain the promotion. Exposed to python: .def("isQualifiedUnitCombatType", &CvPromotionInfo::isQualifiedUnitCombatType, "bool (int i)") @DH: Let me know if you need more info to update the promotion page. (once you can)

Major French Update

• French text for alternate timelines
  • French text for Great people
  • All Tech quotes in French
  • Lot of other tip/text fixes, new translation...

• Introduces the concept of Stealth Defense. A unit on Stealth Defense will surprise defend the plot they are on against units that move in that cannot see them. Once revealed, they will be visible for the rest of the round. On this first surprise attack, they get the benefit of operating under stealth combat conditions and thus first strikes are negated for both sides but only the defender gains the benefit of stealth strikes and stealth combat modifiers, even if the attacker has some (penalty for not having seen the defender there!) Note that if a Stealth Defending unit is seen when attacked, they aren't gaining this benefit on the defense.

• Adds Surprise Status Promotionline for setting Invisible Capable units to using Stealth Defense. Adding and removing is a quick status adjustment and thus does not take an action to change these settings.

• Adds Lie In Wait buildup promotionline for setting Invisible Capable units to prepare a stealth defense with improved stealth strikes and stealth combat modifiers.

• Adjusts the code so that units that are both invisible to a unit on a plot they wish to move into and also cannot attack will be able to move in without initiating combat to do so.

• Adds Stay the Hand status promotionline for setting Invisible Capable units to being unable to attack. Adding and removing is a quick status adjustment and thus does not take an action to change these settings.

Sorry Calvitix but there are a few more texts in this one. You've been doing a great job with translations btw! Nice to have C2C so prepared for the French among us!

So this, I think, is one of the coolest adjustments I've ever made. I know it will confuse a few folks at first and I'm ready to hear those bug reports - "I just moved to a plot and was suddenly attacking a unit I couldn't see!" but honestly, this is how invisibility should've worked all along imo! And thanks to those who pressed for this, Alberts2, Harrier, SO and more.

Merry Christmas y'all!

Spoiler :
  • Introduces the concept of Stealth Defense. A unit on Stealth Defense will surprise defend the plot they are on against units that move in that cannot see them. Once revealed, they will be visible for the rest of the round. On this first surprise attack, they get the benefit of operating under stealth combat conditions and thus first strikes are negated for both sides but only the defender gains the benefit of stealth strikes and stealth combat modifiers, even if the attacker has some (penalty for not having seen the defender there!) Note that if a Stealth Defending unit is seen when attacked, they aren't gaining this benefit on the defense.

• Adds Surprise Status Promotionline for setting Invisible Capable units to using Stealth Defense. Adding and removing is a quick status adjustment and thus does not take an action to change these settings.

• Adds Lie In Wait buildup promotionline for setting Invisible Capable units to prepare a stealth defense with improved stealth strikes and stealth combat modifiers.

• Adjusts the code so that units that are both invisible to a unit on a plot they wish to move into and also cannot attack will be able to move in without initiating combat to do so.

• Adds Stay the Hand status promotionline for setting Invisible Capable units to being unable to attack. Adding and removing is a quick status adjustment and thus does not take an action to change these settings.

Sorry Calvitix but there are a few more texts in this one. You've been doing a great job with translations btw! Nice to have C2C so prepared for the French among us!

So this, I think, is one of the coolest adjustments I've ever made. I know it will confuse a few folks at first and I'm ready to hear those bug reports - "I just moved to a plot and was suddenly attacking a unit I couldn't see!" but honestly, this is how invisibility should've worked all along imo! And thanks to those who pressed for this, Alberts2, Harrier, SO and more.

Merry Christmas y'all!

I really really like this Hide and Seek stuff, just wish now that the Thief and Rogue were better suited, they get killed to easily now, even by the animals . .

I really really like this Hide and Seek stuff, just wish now that the Thief and Rogue were better suited, they get killed to easily now, even by the animals . .

They're nearly up for being further modified here so as to bring the review to full fruition. Due to this feedback, they'll be getting some further camo invisibility right away. One thing recently discovered too was that the camo invisibility they did have set was set on a flawed tag that wasn't loading properly. So they should be a little more survivable now but I'll be making them even moreso on the next wave of updates here.

I just got the big patch Joe put out and wow this is already much different than Ver36. The hide and seek will take getting used to, but it certainly looks promising. I really love being able to move my units faster now too, since I like to uncover the maps quickly. It took a little while to figure out why I could not butcher my animals, but once I read this thread and saw why, I like the change. I'm looking forward to getting to try to try out the arrest feature later on too.

Good job everyone and Merry Christmas to the C2C team.

• Fixes Ming Vase bug.
  • Adds 13 new Elite University Group wonders:
    • University of Bologna
    • University of Salamanca
    • University of Coimbra
    • University of Barcelona
    • Montpellier University
    • Sorbonne University
    • University of Basel
    • Jagiellonian University
    • University of Murcia
    • University of Edinburgh
    • University of Padova
    • University of Cambridge
    • Heidelberg University
  • Adjusts the other 2 Universities in this group - Harvard and Oxford
  • Fixes French use on English version on Building Investigation and Insidiousness values.
  • Adds Techs for the current crime/law/health review:
    • Deception
    • Theft
    • Moves Conduct
    • Law Enforcement
    • Elixirs and Tonics
    • Deputization
  • Shifts the Civic Banditry to the Theft tech.
  • Adds Buildings to support the crime/law/health review:
    • Excile Practices
    • Surgical Office
    • Snake Oil Sales
    • Moves Sheriff's Office and Saloon to Deputization tech
    • Conspirators' Hideout
    • Shooting Club
    • Firing Range
    • Pawn Shop
    • Motorcycle Club
    • Automated Firing Range
    • Bivouac Grounds
    • Black Hat Hideout
    • Orbital Targets
    • Moves Bandit's Hideout to Theft Tech
  • Adds and adjusts Promotions for crime/law/health review:
    • Adjusts Buildup (Crime Fighting) prerequisites and increases effect cumulatively.
    • New Buildup (Schemes) for building up crime on the plot.
    • Adjusts prereqs for Buildup (Cleverness)
    • Adjusts prereqs for promotions under promotionline Waylay.
    • Adjusts prereqs for Buildup (Inspections)
    • Adjusts prereqs and abilities of Buildup (Disease Control)
    • Adjusts prereqs for promotions under promotionline Backstab.
    • Replaces Promotionline Banditry with Promotionline Corruption - vastly expanded and enhanced - for delivering crime to the plot and city (primarily).
    • Adjusts prereqs for promotions under promotionline Bushwhack.
    • Expands and Enhances Promotionline Policing - renames the original core tags as well.
    • Expands and Enhances Promotionline Disease Control (but not by much.)
    • Adjusts prereqs for Crime Fighting buildups.
    • Adjusts prereqs for Inspections promotionline.
    • New Promotionline: Foment - For criminals to assist in causing a city they are in to go into cultural revolt if it can.
    • New Promotionline: Inspire - For Entertainers to help the city resist cultural revolt if it's possible.
    • New BuildUp: Revolutionary Sentiment - For Criminals to build up cultural revolt in the city they are in.
    • New BuildUp: Patriotism - For Entertainers to build up cultural revolt resistance in the city they are in.

I still need to do the tech quotes on the new techs and the units for the review but that's next!
The groundwork upon which such work can be done has been laid.

Spoiler :

• Fixes Ming Vase bug.
  • Adds 13 new Elite University Group wonders:
    • University of Bologna
    • University of Salamanca
    • University of Coimbra
    • University of Barcelona
    • Montpellier University
    • Sorbonne University
    • University of Basel
    • Jagiellonian University
    • University of Murcia
    • University of Edinburgh
    • University of Padova
    • University of Cambridge
    • Heidelberg University
  • Adjusts the other 2 Universities in this group - Harvard and Oxford
  • Fixes French use on English version on Building Investigation and Insidiousness values.
  • Adds Techs for the current crime/law/health review:
    • Deception
    • Theft
    • Moves Conduct
    • Law Enforcement
    • Elixirs and Tonics
    • Deputization
  • Shifts the Civic Banditry to the Theft tech.
  • Adds Buildings to support the crime/law/health review:
    • Excile Practices
    • Surgical Office
    • Snake Oil Sales
    • Moves Sheriff's Office and Saloon to Deputization tech
    • Conspirators' Hideout
    • Shooting Club
    • Firing Range
    • Pawn Shop
    • Motorcycle Club
    • Automated Firing Range
    • Bivouac Grounds
    • Black Hat Hideout
    • Orbital Targets
    • Moves Bandit's Hideout to Theft Tech
  • Adds and adjusts Promotions for crime/law/health review:
    • Adjusts Buildup (Crime Fighting) prerequisites and increases effect cumulatively.
    • New Buildup (Schemes) for building up crime on the plot.
    • Adjusts prereqs for Buildup (Cleverness)
    • Adjusts prereqs for promotions under promotionline Waylay.
    • Adjusts prereqs for Buildup (Inspections)
    • Adjusts prereqs and abilities of Buildup (Disease Control)
    • Adjusts prereqs for promotions under promotionline Backstab.
    • Replaces Promotionline Banditry with Promotionline Corruption - vastly expanded and enhanced - for delivering crime to the plot and city (primarily).
    • Adjusts prereqs for promotions under promotionline Bushwhack.
    • Expands and Enhances Promotionline Policing - renames the original core tags as well.
    • Expands and Enhances Promotionline Disease Control (but not by much.)
    • Adjusts prereqs for Crime Fighting buildups.
    • Adjusts prereqs for Inspections promotionline.
    • New Promotionline: Foment - For criminals to assist in causing a city they are in to go into cultural revolt if it can.
    • New Promotionline: Inspire - For Entertainers to help the city resist cultural revolt if it's possible.
    • New BuildUp: Revolutionary Sentiment - For Criminals to build up cultural revolt in the city they are in.
    • New BuildUp: Patriotism - For Entertainers to build up cultural revolt resistance in the city they are in.

I still need to do the tech quotes on the new techs and the units for the review but that's next!

The groundwork upon which such work can be done has been laid.

:eek: :goodjob:

• Make Myth and Story requirement just the technology. I am not convinced this is the way to go. :(

• Fix some errors in some Story buildings.

• Fix Mammoths so that you also get yield when you subdue one.

• Fixes a crash bug.
  • Numerous adjustments to Law Enforcement, Criminal, Strike Team, Ruffian, Feline and Canine UnitCombats.
  • Adds the first new unit from the Crime/Law/HealthCare unit review - the Watcher. (Sets him with a blend of Town Watch and Brute art for now.)

• Adjustments and fixes to xml on previous commit.
  • Adds Enforcers Unit (uses Town Watchmen and Tribal Guardian art for now.)
  • Edits Town Watchmen to blend in with the rest of the review.
  • Shifts the tech prereq for Town Watch building to Dualism.

• Adds Patrols Unit (Uses Town Watchmen and Russian Heavy Macemen artwork for now.)
  • Adjusts Town Watch building to have a prereq of Law Enforcement.

• Make Myth and Story requirement just the technology. I am not convinced this is the way to go. :(

• Fix some errors in some Story buildings.

• Fix Mammoths so that you also get yield when you subdue one.

To which techs you put the myth requirment now?

Shouldn't the changes to the (availability of) crime buildings and the new anti-crime units be coordinated with Joe?

Side note for all modders:
Im starting editing CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml and CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
Please dont edit these files until im ending with my project. This take max few days. Thanks.

Shouldn't the changes to the (availability of) crime buildings and the new anti-crime units be coordinated with Joe?

I've attempted this coordination by at least posting quite openly what the plans were a few times but after no feedback on that, it's just gotta get done. But where I do draw a line is in trying to manipulate the crime effect buildings. That's his realm. Quite happy to let it be as well...

I'm looking at the side of crime where it interacts with units and I've seen a LOT of things that can/should be tweaked and for months now have been openly discussing the plans to address it. Joe sees the other side where the crime becomes a factor in the game and it's his to balance that side of it, 'where the rubber meets the road' so to speak.

The buildings that are getting adjusted are crime/anti-crime generating buildings, not the crime buildings themselves, plus I'm not changing their stats... just where they come in by a tech grid x or two in places. It's actually not so dramatic as it may seem. There ARE some new CRIME generating buildings to support the emergence of units and if they don't quite fit with the values given them, based on the progression of other similar buildings in their 'category', by all means Joe has my support to re-adjust those values. I needed them more as prerequisite holders than anything else.

Im starting editing CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml and CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
Please dont edit these files until im ending with my project. This take max few days. Thanks.

Soooo... I suppose that means all further work from me will have to go on pause until then. I mean, I'll develop out in the background here but I'll wait to commit any changes so fixes will be frozen until you're done. Reason being that I'll need to get your Art Defines file and hand merge it after you've completed things. Every step I'm taking right now is going to involve the unit art defines xml. I'm not sure how dramatic the changes are that you're introducing though. If you're not changing the order of the <type> entries there than we should be able to both work on it and commit just fine (always always always update before committing!) as it should auto-merge without issue as long as the orders of things aren't changed.

Scratch that... I figure for the moment I can just tie the unit graphic entirely to an existing art define. It's all just placeholder templates until that work is done anyhow.

Top Bottom