C2C SVN Changelog

- Crime, Flammability, and health adjustments for Regular_CIV4BuildingsInfos.xml A thru M (Part I)

• Bugfix on Wanted promotions. (they should never have been selectable as a skill promo)
  • Streamlines the programming on Ambush - changes it from a Command to a Mission.
  • Repairs (completely rewrites) the Ambush AI.
  • Numerous small improvements to Attack evaluation AI.
  • Reinstates Visibility recalculation each round to resolve undiagnosed bugs.

- More Individual Crime adjustments, moved several to new techs, made adjustments to negative Commerce and changed some to % by using CommerceModifier to scale by city pop.

8932 By TB
  • Removes the tech prereq on the Big Cat trainer since it is making a late game unit incapable of being trained.
  • Added some AI weight to the Community Discussions building. (stickytape fix for AI not valuing positive education)

• Fixed unit sounds for tarantulas (cannot setup audio sample with handle ID thingy)
  • XML cleaning: SpecialBuildings_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
  • Renamed some of the terrain texture files and updated desert with sharper mip-map.

• Finish Big Cat fix from 8932 see below

8932 By TB
  • Removes the tech prereq on the Big Cat trainer since it is making a late game unit incapable of being trained.

Actually it is the obsolete tech not the prereq tech that was changed. Unfortunately this change was not sufficient to fix the problem. The wonder provides a free building and that is what is required to build subsequent big cat buildings so both the wonder and effect needed to be changed.

• Adds the Assassinate Mission.
  • Fixes a crash bug in AI.
  • Disables a unit debug tracking for visibility while it is currently unnecessary.
  • Repairs some issues in the AI where Ambush is concerned.

I'll write up a post here on Ambush and Assassinate now that they are fully in the mod. The Assassinate mission has a little supporting XML work to be done yet I think but there's some points to discuss on that.

• Adds an immediate Investigation check against the initiating unit whenever an assassination mission is made (if made in a city.)
  • Adds a cumulative +.1% bonus to Investigation on investigation checks for each other LE unit with investigation ability that didn't qualify as the primary Investigator on that tile.
  • Adds Stealth Strikes and Stealth Combat Modifiers. Tags for units, unitcombats, and promotions.
  • Adds base Stealth Strike and Stealth Combat modifiers to UnitCombats.
(Forgot to note the first two points in the SVN commit notes.)

Pending further adjustments to units and some lines of promotions for developing.

Stealth attacks (when the unit you're attacking is either on the same plot or can't see your attacking unit) ignore normal first strikes and replace them with any applicable stealth strikes for the attacker (and if the defender can see the attacker adds his stealth strikes as well which can counter the stealth strikes of the attacker) but Stealth Combat Modifiers are cumulative with normal combat modifiers - they only add to attackers when stealth attacking and to defenders when suffering a stealth attack from a unit they can see.

(Perhaps someone can add that paragraph to the concepts page?)

• Fixes core game Stack Attack option.
  • May well have found and fixed the cause for multiple selected units in a stack suddenly deciding to attack with a different unit than was projected by the combat help hover. I certainly fixed A cause ... whether it was the only reason for this behavior will remain to be seen.

• Fixes units being removed from the selection list after attack if they can still move.

-More Crime changes in Regular_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml, Buildings N thr Z (Part2)

• Adds 5 Promotionlines to support Stealth Strikes and Stealth Combat Modifiers. (Backstab - for criminals, Waylay - for Ruffians and Pirates, Bushwhack - for Strike Teams, Pounce - for animals with the pounce unitcombat such as Felines, and Crackdown - for Law Enforcement)
  • Fixes the Promotion list in the pedia (by removing the Promotionline note from the non-hide and seek Wanted promo.)

--Placed Nomadic Lifestyle at top of File instead of line 16,000+

• Removed unnecessary caching from CvCity::canTrain(UnitCombatTypes eUnitCombat)
  • Removed the no longer needed code for the caching of the game data that is read from XML files
  • Religion spread and decay are now scaled by gamespeed
  • Religion decay is now affected by religious influence from buildings in the city
  • Fixed an coding error in CvPlot::verifyUnitValidPlot
  • Performance improvements in the recent unit visibility changes
  • Fixed errors in the terrain prerequisites for promotions
  • Made the CvCityTurnCompleteProductionPipelineStage synchronous to avoid threading issues with some python calls
  • The number of threads used by the CityTurnPipeline is now scaled by the number of cities and set to 1 in multi-player games to avoid OOS-Errors
  • Improved the GroupWonders code
  • Various small fixes and improvements

@ALL

I didn't include most of the turn time improvements from my last commit because some of them caused very odd issues the last time i commited them and i don't think they are worth spending anymore time to fix them. There are a few more problematic python calls in the city production code possibly causing threading issues. They seem to be unused at the moment so they don't hurt us at the moment but they should be removed at some point. Can somebody test if the GroupWonders are working correctly i just need to be sure i didn't miss anything there?

• Adjustment to remove hill and peak invisibility sources for foot units.
  • Bugfix to last dll.

Should be safe to go unless there's another issue afoot that went undiscovered at first here.

• Made a new normal map for rivers that looks twice as nice and is but one thrice the size.
  • Fixed All (I hope) instances of rivers creating rifts in the map when close to hills/peaks.
  • Some efficiency tweaks related to textures; making the game not load unused textures and such.
  • Fixed an uncritical issue with the mountain mine animation (not even sure if it caused a problem).

•Forgot some in the last update
•Moved Dunes, Grass, Marsh and rocky from my terrain modmod to core.

•Fixed my dumb comment syntax error.

--Adjustments to Number of Cities and Distance Maint. Modifiers for 6 Early Civics (4 starting Civics and 2 2nd tier) that overly restrict the AI especially on longer game speeds.

• Add taxonomy Penguin myth etc.

• Changes to the upgrades of a suite of buildings (see list below). In general none of the buildings go obsolete and the more advanced buildings nolonger provide the manufactured resource. The more advanced buildings can not be built in every city as they require two of the earlier building in the line to build one of them.

Lines of buildings changed
    • Baskets
    • Beads
    • Glass
    • Lacquerware
    • Pottery (includes terracotta and porcelain)
    • Toy

• Added new buildings and trade good buildings ie Wonders that provide trade goods. I am considering changing this slightly but only one nation will be able to make the trade good still just the numbers of that good will be variable.

New trade goods
    • Harappan Fake Gems (stone ages)
    • Terra sigilliata (also called samianware, Iron Age)
    • Ming Vase (Ren/Industrial)
    • (to do) Fabergé egg (Industrial)

New building - Glaze Maker - may not be necessary but currently needed for the Fake Gem wonder

• Modified Terracotta Army and Nok Sculptures to fit the tech tree and prerequisite buildings better. Adjusted cost of Treasury as it was too low for where it is in the tech tree.

• Added a new optional tech "Lead Glass".

• to fo add trade goods "Lead Crystal Glass" and "Fabergé egg" and the manufactured good "ceramics" - not sure about this last one but it should be needed for spaceship construction )

These are all (except penguin) in a folder (Bead_Toy_Pottery) in the My_Mods folder if there is something big wrong and they need to be removed. I am off to Mum's place for Christmas later today and will be away from my modding computer for the next few weeks.

Have a good Christmas and start the New Year as you intend to continue it:D. If you don't celebrate Christmas or have your New Year at a different time then the previous statement is irrelevant to you; and you should just accept that my socio-economic-culture is just as valid as yours :lol::mischief:.

Top Bottom