1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C - UEM - Ultimate Earth Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Pit2015, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

Nah, I edited MY version of YOUR map to have just ONE Civ - MYSELF.
    Also gave it ALL Continental Cultures (except Neanderthals, cause nobody needs them), so I don't even need other Civs for that goal.
    And as of game play, I prefer conquering the wild myself, over endless wars over it against Civs that would just consume Memory and lead to MAFs.
    My previous goal was to "catch all Continental Cultures while going for Antarctic Colonization".
    But it's now way obsolete with your COSMOS addition to the map.
    So I'm now simply down to spreading myself over the more-or-less the entire Earth (just for resources) - and then going for Solar System Colonization.
    Which is both waaaaay ahead on the Tech Tree, and sounds a much more FUN goal than mere Antarctic.
    I also asked elsewhere - what is the maximum number of MICROMANAGED cities that I'd need in order to be able to build ALL Wonders (given I find ALL resources).
    The answer was: "Nobody cared to calculate it", lol.
    But I guess it shouldn't be beyond 50 cities anyways, so I can stick to that number as the first guess - and add more MANAGED cities if needed.
    I still need to cover the map with Culture-producing cities, though, and THAT will be a pain in the MEMORY, if I don't choose NOT to do it.
    Which I might choose anyways - just making those 50 cities, and NOT go for the FULL MAP.
    Dunno, only time will tell.

2. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Damn u lamer, no competitors? :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: But if you have fun its all right. Easy easy. :lol:

3. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

Different GOALS.
    1. Conquer the known world via subduing all other civs.
    is not the same as
    2. Colonize the known world to the maximum applicable degree.
    For (1), you need a full map of others Civs - so that you conquer them.
    For (2), you need as little MEMORY USAGE as possible - so that you can proceed from Caveman to Cosmos, loool.
    Which means that for (2) you need to REMOVE any additional memory users, those being other Civs.
    And I deliberately gave my Civ ALL the Continental Cultures to circumvent the limitations based on not having THOSE.

4. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Look the UEM 500+ citys screenshot at first posting here, MEMORY USAGE is improved from the team and good so far. :thumbsup:

5. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

I kinda said it wrong.
    Not so much MEMORY, as much as TIME consumption between turns.

6. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Turn times improved alot and are nice fast. You should have fast turns activated in BUG.

7. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

I'm not talking about waiting for minutes, but even "mere 5 seconds" times the speed of Eternity... is A LOT.

8. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Eternity makes techs worth something, you cant rush through the techs, meens you need to use what you got a while any use it whisly also research the right techs is more important then. Tech and time is valuable. So Eternity rock's. :thumbsup:

9. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

Precisely why I use it, and also why I want it to be as fast as possible when I'm NOT making decisions.
    I kinda haven't played in the recent days, so I'm now stuck somewhere around turn 650 or so, but it's FUN when I do play.
    I also discovered that I could use Food/Production Merchants as GOOD boosters - like, nearly x3 efficiency, wow.
    It's also (not really, this mod is HUUUGE even in the beginning stage) weird that it's the first time I even paid attention to them altogether - I've never done it before.
    Just another reason to simply LOVE this mod, yup.

10. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Yeah rushing through games is for casual players :thumbsup:, eternity is for strategy gamers. :goodjob: Developing new strategys and explore the depths of the game. Your lucky, corna crap takes some more time currently, i am only at turn 160 now. If you game with competitors then you can also trade with them and you can try keep good relations and maintain a peacefull world.

11. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Hopefully it would be simple graphical/text issue.
    Maybe use Anarchy text or something like that, when civ is in anarchy.

13. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

They have no cities. Their research is probably the default 1:science: per turn, and ever more shall be so unless they die or someone gifts them a city.

14. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Thats also sometime when AI sets research to 0% or so, will last mostly only a few turns, but that exactly can cause a variable to overflow, so needs a long variable or something if i remember form my C++ coding some years ago. Is no game problem but maybe to long numbers.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Its impossible - at most you would get like 10 times more turns - if you really have much more +commerce than +research.
    So its only revolutions, or if you have "complete kills" game options on.
    So this turn counter needs to take anarchy and lack of cities under account as special case.

16. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Yes right, happens mostly when AI goes into anarchy by revolution when changing civic and the game engine has to handle these long numbers correctly then.

Or there schould be displayed "Anarchy" and not a long/endless number. Maybe that opens up a memory leak. @Toffer90 Maybe want to look into this also.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It won't open up any memory link or overflow because the values are already established with limits. It might LOOK better to say that it's in anarchy but it's always how civ IV has done that display to just show the actual remaining cost of the tech they are researching as if it's going to take that many rounds to get there.

18. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Hopefully Hopefully it will not when the number gets to large. Will continue my game asap when i got some time on hand, looking for problems, until now works fine and nice new game start balance.

19. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Started new game, works good, was hard but got neanderthal culture, hard dominating push and we are building a good army to secure north america again by force, at a cost of growth and ah and at cost of research.

n1.jpg

Ah...

n2.jpg
    BUG/PROBLEM:

Hunter should be able to get promotion "Animal Hunter" also, maybe fix that.

20. AlexCobra

AlexCobra Chieftain

Using latest SVN - can not load UEM map

c2c_uem_error.PNG