C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

You are European, he is American. We Europeans - understand your culture's seemingly bluntness, but not intended.

I do not think the Americans do. So at times you appear to be too harsh when you do not mean to be. Hence the confusion. :D

What? Are you saying Americans are easily offended?

Well?

lol... I'm pretty sure you're right.

We spend a lot of time learning how to speak between the lines so as to say what we mean to say without it coming across as an insult. Our egos don't handle much in the way of bluntness and that can quickly cause a conversation to spiral away from intellectual and into the realm of emotional argument where the words REALLY don't mean anything that's said but say much more about the emotional state of the person saying it.

It's frustrating, honestly.

Autor: "International Problem Solving Techniques. As an Italian, I can say this is accurate." I am german. :goodjob: :lol:

Attachments

• solution.jpg
    solution.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 191
Whoever drew that up was specifically trying to piss off Americans. ;)

Lol... honestly though, I know the international community thinks of us as a group of people that see guns as a solution to everything. But that's not the reason we value the right to own them. Yes, there are a lot of idiots out there who don't see the real reason and could be accused of such thinking but not the majority of us.

I am at 250 turns deity + eternity UEM 2.6, all is fine with gold for the AI with my changes and latest SVN, AI still sucks a bit at research but some AI civs still ahead of me a bit, but i will lead research soon, but the AI will come up again as soon as they get oral tradition and knowledge enheritiance. AI still sucks at education, thats because the AI researchs language and oral tradition to late i think, mostly they research other stuff first.

Screenshots...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 188
  • Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 152
  • Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 149
I am at 400 turns deity + eternity UEM 2.6, is fun to game now, all still fine with gold for the AI with my changes and latest SVN. Also some community discussions have been build by the AI and they start to build myths now. Verrrry nice now. Also Montezuema builded alot of units but not more than he can afford! If the AI has some surplus gold to spend they sometimes spend it by -1 or -2, nearly perfect. Also looks like if the AI dont has anything to build what then they use meager wealth or research (Dont works fo all civs currently, dont know why yet).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Civ4ScreenShot0092.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0092.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 188
  • Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 150
  • Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 149
  • Civ4ScreenShot0096.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0096.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Civ4ScreenShot0097.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0097.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Civ4ScreenShot0098.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0098.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 140
I am at 400 turns deity + eternity UEM 2.6, is fun to game now, all still fine with gold for the AI with my changes and latest SVN. Also some community discussions have been build by the AI and they start to build myths now. Verrrry nice now. Also Montezuema builded alot of units but not more than he can afford! If the AI has some surplus gold to spend they sometimes spend it by -1 or -2, nearly perfect. Also looks like if the AI dont has anything to build what then they use meager wealth or research.

I still wonder what happened with education. The AI plays at noble level, which should have -1 edu per pop. But Tenochtitlan city is size 2 and is at -178 edu.
High education causes more crime which in turn causes money loss and REV problems.
Isn't it easier to keep the rule that the AI is at -1 edu/pop?

Lack of health and/or excessive disease will make the cities stop growing, so the situation doesn't get worse. Same for happiness: if you are over the happy cap, your pop will stop farming nearby plots, slowing down growth.

However, high crime and low edu will not stop the city from growing, making the crime and edu worse and worse with every additional population, so the cities will grow right into bankrupcy and revolutions.

Especially early in-game when there are few anti-crime buildings, few education buildings, after a certain city size, the best way to keep crime/education in check is by limiting city growth. But that requires a more sophisticated AI. That's always a good idea, but I'd go for the easier solution: -1 edu/pop.

And as long as the AI keeps building +crime buildings without a care in the world, there is no risk of AI cities becoming oases of tranquility.

I still wonder what happened with education. The AI plays at noble level, which should have -1 edu per pop. But Tenochtitlan city is size 2 and is at -178 edu.
High education causes more crime which in turn causes money loss and REV problems.
Isn't it easier to keep the rule that the AI is at -1 edu/pop?

Lack of health and/or excessive disease will make the cities stop growing, so the situation doesn't get worse. Same for happiness: if you are over the happy cap, your pop will stop farming nearby plots, slowing down growth.

However, high crime and low edu will not stop the city from growing, making the crime and edu worse and worse with every additional population, so the cities will grow right into bankrupcy and revolutions.

Especially early in-game when there are few anti-crime buildings, few education buildings, after a certain city size, the best way to keep crime/education in check is by limiting city growth. But that requires a more sophisticated AI. That's always a good idea, but I'd go for the easier solution: -1 edu/pop.

And as long as the AI keeps building +crime buildings without a care in the world, there is no risk of AI cities becoming oases of tranquility.

Good points all. To respond:
1) It's been proven that the AI, playing on Noble, only gets -1 edu per population.

2) How it ended up so low can only be answered by slaves or pop loss (which could be a result of slaving off citizenry.)

3) Yes. The AI needs a major improvement in that it MUST learn to value education being positive. I'll address that by the end of the cycle though I would invite Alberts who may have a better handle on that to address it in my stead.

Education never goes down more than -75 at first 100 turns i think, then later it can drop more. Maybe doubles per population...

Good points all. To respond:
1) It's been proven that the AI, playing on Noble, only gets -1 edu per population.

2) How it ended up so low can only be answered by slaves or pop loss (which could be a result of slaving off citizenry.)

3) Yes. The AI needs a major improvement in that it MUST learn to value education being positive. I'll address that by the end of the cycle though I would invite Alberts who may have a better handle on that to address it in my stead.

#2. Not necessarily true. There are other factors as this drop occurs before any AI can have Slavery. Keep your time frame in focus. On the longer game speeds this drop can occur before the AI can even get Gathering researched, much less Slavery.

#3. The Palace needs a +Education Property value added to it (Disease also) just like it was given a Crime reducing value.

JosEPh

#2. Not necessarily true. There are other factors as this drop occurs before any AI can have Slavery. Keep your time frame in focus. On the longer game speeds this drop can occur before the AI can even get Gathering researched, much less Slavery.
The problem is I wouldn't know where that drop is coming from. Any ideas?

#3. The Palace needs a +Education Property value added to it (Disease also) just like it was given a Crime reducing value.
It HAS a +1 education on it already. You're seeing this right?

I think no education drop under -75 in the first turns, so must be a tech or the population probably that increase the drop. It surely gets down when your population increases. Cant you just limit the drop in any way to letz say maximum -50 ???

I think no education drop under -75 in the first turns, so must be a tech or the population probably that increase the drop. It surely gets down when your population increases. Cant you just limit the drop in any way to letz say maximum -50 ???

Sure population causes a decrease. And no... you can't limit it superficially in that way.

"No Production" Bug was fixed, looks to work fine now, tx. Continuing my game... test reports will be up soon.

Known scenario problems that i change now in UEM 2.7:

Scenario still to easy at deity + eternity because the AI still sucks.

1. It takes to long for the AI to get the community disscussions or knowledge inhertiance building to build myths that boost the research.

Solution: I will give all civs now a free community disscussions or knowledge inhertiance building, that will also help the AI to keep up with education at population grow. All civs still need to reasearch language and oral tradition to be able to research the later techs attached to these techs.

2. Problem, it takes the AI to long to get hunters and start hunting to build myths and boost the research, i do 50 research points when the AI does 10.

Solution: 2 Free trackers for every civ at start. So the AI will be able to hunt from start. Also i place the free trackers for traped nations on the map like portugal a bit to asia so they can also hunt from start. Also every island civ get its starting trackers to the closest mainland to make it fair for them.

3. AI sucks to survive, i can kill them easy with expirienced units, must be harder.

Solution: If you want a harder game the ai civ needs more defense for its capital city, that can be done easy by giving the palace +100% defense, free stone wall will not work because its giving -1.50 gold maintainance, the AI cant pay that at start. So yo have to change this if you want a AI thats able to resist and survive the stone age, you can still kill em but will be harder:

Edit soon...

Nice payback for all the work done for you, thanks.

JosEPh

Dont cry old man. ;) Only scenario changes that makes the AI even better and able to respond better and faster. Good job so far with all the improvments to the mod, but these scenario changes will make the scenario harder and the AI better. These changes will work with the mod but will give the AI a better start. Just an alternate start.

You will still be able to download the map without preset civs for normal mod games also. I will release the empty map asap.

C2C - Ultimate Earth Map V2.7 released

Changes in C2C - Ultimate Earth Map V2.7 100% MOD and SVN update compatible:

Changelog Map 2.7
Fixed some terrains
Maledives moved to correct map location

Changelog Scenario 2.7
Added new Civ to scenario 45. CUNHAMBEBE / Tupi
Problem: It takes to long for the AI to get the community disscussions or knowledge inheritance building to build
myths that boost there research.
Solution: All civs start now with a free community disscussions and knowledge inheritance building,
that will also help the AI to keep up with education at population growth.
All civs still need to research language and oral tradition to be able to research the later techs attached
to these techs and get the other benefits from these techs.
Problem: It takes the AI to long to get hunters and start hunting to build myths and boost there research.
Solution: 2 Free trackers added for every civ at start. So the AI will be able to hunt from start.
Also i placed the free trackers for traped nations like portugal a bit to center europe on the map,
so they can also hunt from start. Also every island civ get its starting trackers to the
closest mainland of there island to make it fair for them. So island civs can get hunting awards also from start.

Alternative harder start 2.7:
Problem: AI sucks to survive, i can kill them easy with expirienced units, must be harder.
Solution: If you want a harder game the ai civ needs more defense for its capital city, that can be easy done
by giving the palace +100% defense, a free stone wall will not work because its giving -1.50 gold maintainance,
the AI cant pay that at start. So you have to change this if you want a AI thats able to
resist and survive the stone age, you can still kill em but will be mutch harder:
Change this file to add 100% defense to the palace, will only work for the capital city:
\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Buildings\NationalWonders_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

Spoiler :
<!-- Palace -->
<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_PALACE</BuildingClass>
<Type>BUILDING_PALACE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PALACE</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PALACE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PALACE_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Advisor>ADVISOR_ECONOMY</Advisor>
<!-- Graphical and interface -->
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_PALACE</ArtDefineTag>
<iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize>
<fVisibilityPriority>10000</fVisibilityPriority>