C2C - Units

I am thinking that perhaps the Hunter line should also be <Special>SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE</Special>. It fits with their role of bringing back strange new animals.

Yes and no. Fits with bringing back animals but the Recon line does that well enough and a Hunter unit can attack, which is what the Special Unit People can not do.
Better would be to set the subdued animals as Special Unit People so they can be loaded onlt those ships.

Cheers

Yes and no. Fits with bringing back animals but the Recon line does that well enough and a Hunter unit can attack, which is what the Special Unit People can not do.
Better would be to set the subdued animals as Special Unit People so they can be loaded onlt those ships.

Cheers

That sounds better. Oh no, that means I have to do it:lol:

OK in the pic 1 i have what i mean about Gunpowder units. Also the Zephyr size is way off, cant hardly see it??

Also the Crossbow units, like 5-7 of them are LOW str 11 or so when normal units are at 24-38?? Shouldn't they be moved back in the tech areas?? pic 2,3

1. Yeah the Zephyr should be bigger and also floating above the ground.

2. Those units are the Post-Apocalypse units. You should only see them if you have lost all your modern resources and have reverted back to more Medieval weaponry.

Well actually isn't that the same model, just a re-skin?

From what I can tell, no. I think they have the same file name though. Other than the re-skin your has a gun barrel and some other stuff on on the top. I think the bulldozer may have some other stuff on top. But its hard to tell if its just a reskin.

Archers are too pwerfull in preh times against cities

They have 5 :strength: agains like most units 3 :strength:(stone axeman, spearman and maceman).

They have +50% defense bonus in cities - everything above is correct but

They should have
- 50% city attack moddifiers because now the are the best for capturing cities before metal casting.

All archer combat class should have the same -% city attack moddifier like they have +% city defense. This will be historicly accurate. Archers always was good defensive and support units - they never attack themselves and never was good to captur cities.

Also city is place where you can easily hide from their arrows.

Archers are too pwerfull in preh times against cities

They have 5 :strength: agains like most units 3 :strength:(stone axeman, spearman and maceman).

They have +50% defense bonus in cities - everything above is correct but

They should have
- 50% city attack moddifiers because now the are the best for capturing cities before metal casting.

All archer combat class should have the same -% city attack moddifier like they have +% city defense. This will be historicly accurate. Archers always was good defensive and support units - they never attack themselves and never was good to captur cities.

Also city is place where you can easily hide from their arrows.

Maybe the Stone Maceman should, aside its +15% city attack get a +25% bonus against archers and at tech Obsidian Weapons become strength 4?

(Once the equipment/combat mod is in place I figure this will, aside the -city attack malus for archers- nevertheless be obsolete, anyway.)

Maybe the Stone Maceman should, aside its +15% city attack get a +25% bonus against archers and at tech Obsidian Weapons become strength 4?

(Once the equipment/combat mod is in place I figure this will, aside the -city attack malus for archers- nevertheless be obsolete, anyway.)

Probably fairly close to what will be seen at that point yes...

I have been wanting to put in a set of Obsidian units at Obsidian Weapons tech. But they were rejected.

However since ls612 is not active on the team and the Combat mod is still in the works I think perhaps I should add them in as place holders. I could use the same graphics even. That way archers and horsemen have a counter at late prehistoric era.

See this post for details.

I think we do need a stage there. Is it possible this could be categorized as:
Prehistoric Macemen -> Ancient Macemen
etc...
?

Basically, equipments may vary from the wood/stone/bone/obsidian/copper/bronze/iron etc... but the unit itself carries the base strength establishment and the weapons and armor mostly adjust the 'side stats' that deepen the picture such as puncture/accuracy/armor/dodge etc... The Strength would be a basic formidability that stems not from the equipment so much as from the hardiness, training and advancing strategies of war. Thus, it becomes more appropriate for the naming of them to not reflect the equipment so much as the era. Make sense? I know this is something you said you'd need to 'think on' but those are my thoughts to add to the discussion there. Perhaps even an Era indication isn't quite correct but I'm not seeing another more valid approach.

guys i talking about one simple thing

Please add to all archers
-x% city attack (the same percentage as +% city defense)

Thanks to that change archery units will be strictly defensive and supporting (renged bombardment) units as they should be. Now they are best units available to capture cities and this is not historicly accurate.

I think we do need a stage there. Is it possible this could be categorized as:
Prehistoric Macemen -> Ancient Macemen
etc...
?

Basically, equipments may vary from the wood/stone/bone/obsidian/copper/bronze/iron etc... but the unit itself carries the base strength establishment and the weapons and armor mostly adjust the 'side stats' that deepen the picture such as puncture/accuracy/armor/dodge etc... The Strength would be a basic formidability that stems not from the equipment so much as from the hardiness, training and advancing strategies of war. Thus, it becomes more appropriate for the naming of them to not reflect the equipment so much as the era. Make sense? I know this is something you said you'd need to 'think on' but those are my thoughts to add to the discussion there. Perhaps even an Era indication isn't quite correct but I'm not seeing another more valid approach.

1. Well the Stone Maceman and Maceman were more or less that. What was proposed is a unit between them which I named "Obsidian Maceman" however it could just as well be called "Neolithic Maceman".

2. Yeah equipment is what I am looking forward to and counting on. As for naming they are easy to rename (even if the tags stay the same).

guys i talking about one simple thing

Please add to all archers
-x% city attack (the same percentage as +% city defense)

Thanks to that change archery units will be strictly defensive and supporting (renged bombardment) units as they should be. Now they are best units available to capture cities and this is not historicly accurate.

Hmm. For Archers and Longbowmen I would generally agree. But what about Crossbowmen? They seems more like attack units than defensive ones. Slingers I could see too, but Atlatlist also seems like attack units.

Ok but remember that arrows/stones are effective only when your enemy have no place to hide. City capture combat is meele combat not combat from distance.

Imagine a lot of buildings. Tight streets. Arrows will not be effective in that environment

Ok but remember that arrows/stones are effective only when your enemy have no place to hide. City capture combat is meele combat not combat from distance.

Imagine a lot of buildings. Tight streets. Arrows will not be effective in that environment

Actually Nimek arrows were very effective in tight streets. The attackers are channeled to the arrow stream and not used in a Bombard function at all. And if stationed above the street level, well the term "shooting fish in a barrel" comes into play even more.

Being focused on Archers being only bombard units is only half of what they are capable of as a military unit, whether offensively or defensively.

JosEPh

Actually historically longbows where so good during both offense and defense that they were hired as mercenaries all over europe. Historically it's crossbows that was mostly used as basic defense since that weapon required minimal training and skill while longbows, which takes daily training and more than a decade to master, were typically hired from wales or scotland or england, and were used as elite troops in all kinds of situations.

it could just as well be called "Neolithic Maceman"
I like that. So basically I'm hearing you say that once equipment goes into use we can adjust these kinds of things. And that works for me.

Top Bottom