C3C PBEM : "Fabius" - Rise of Rome scenario (level : newbees)

We killed a Persian gallye for no loss.

We have taken a stack of Fire Catapults, but we suspect that they will be back in the hands of the Persians in the next turn or so, but the Romans have done themselves proud with the defence against such numbers. We kill two HCs to get that stack for the loss of one HC and an undefended Legion 3 since it is basically target Practice. We also lost a Garision that foolishly attacked the stazck out side of Rome, but he almost won, which would have been good, but now we are basically up to the mercy of Persians.

Sorry for the lateness of this game, but I suspect this will be the last or nearly the last turn, unless a miracle happens.

gps--->Qummik

Ok, I must admitt it. Letting you capture 15 fire cats was a huge mistake from my part. You bombarded my units and then they helped your defence of Rome alot.

This was the most intresting turn for the whole game, I captured Rome but it was VERY bloody. Mainly because I had to attack across river with many units and also because your huge stack of fire cats. I had also underestimated the amount of defenders in the city.

Turn summary

4 fire cats manage to destroy walls in Arcona. Elite HC captured the city and spawned a new leader wich created a HC army.

2 fire cats failed to damage your "sacrifice" legion III. Newly created HC army killed it while only loosing 1 hp though.

8 fire cats bombard Rome. Only 1 actually manage to hit something! :eek:

Lost 4 hC while attacking your Legion III army, we managed to get it down to 3-4 hp.
HC army attacked cross river and killed reg legion
HC army attacked cross river and killed vet legion. Army almost perished.
Darius army attacked cross river and killed elite garrison.
Another HC killed when attacking your legion III army.
Lost HC when attacking garrison
Lost Immortal to garrison
HC retreats
HC killed garrison
2 HC retreats
3 Immortals killed when attacking garrisons
Immortal killed garrison
Immortal killed garrison
HC army with 10 hp killed Legion III army with 1 hp.
Immortal killed when attacking HC
3 Immortals manage to kill 3 HC
HC kill HC
Elite persian HC killed by 2/5 roman HC. I began to run out of units now.
HC army with 2 hp left manage to kill garrison with 1 hp! :goodjob:
Num merc with 2 hp attack HC with 1 hp and wins!:woohoo:
Rome is ours but it was very tight indeed!

1 HC use the new roads and kill a garrison south of Rome. 2 workers are also captured.

Antium out in the wilderness is captured by one of our HC.

So, what do you say folks? Continue just for the sake of it or declare me as the winner?

Thx dudes!

This was my first pbem ever. It was real fun! We started it a very long time ago by now.

I agree that Persia becomes to strong if left for herself.

Is Redman still reading this thread? It would be fun to discuss the game and what we think was the turning points. I can begin;

One of the turning points for me was directly at the beginning when Redman and me agreed on a ten turn non agression pact. Persia is quite vulnerable at the beginning but this gave me some time to focus my defenses and build some more troops.
Maybe this was the biggest mistake from Redmans part who otherwise put up some fine resistance.

Another turning point for me was Byzantium. When I had conquered minor asia it would be difficult to get to Europe. I had maybe 4 regular galleys at this point so naval transportation was not an option.
If Macedon had turned this chokepoint into an even more formidable fortress the war could have changed dramatically.

I also would like to thank Qummik of Carthage who I traded with both with lux and techs. You never broke a deal and was trustworthy!:goodjob:

Also my apologies to Classical_hero. I attacked you in the end eventhough our relations was quite ok before that. But what could I do? When Macedon had fallen I had a formidable fighting machine very close to your borders and I decided for a quick war instead of finishing the game as a builder aiming for the domination victory.
The battle for Rome was just as epical as we wanted to be. With a litle bit of luck Rome could have held that turn wich would have been a pain for the Persians.

So, whats your thoughts my fellow players?

:king:

Well I knew that once you had taken over Macedonia that I was in trouble. The problem was that I did no damage to Carthage, thus I was basically a sitting duck. I knew that I did not have the resources t fight both wars and the fact that Persia has such a great start, that I had no way of coming back. Shall we play again and this time we swao the nations around?

If Redman wants Rome and Classical wants Macedon ,that means that I will have to play Carthage to avoid playing the Persians again.
I would have prefered the Romans but Carthage is fine as well.
What does Qummik say?

I have to announce I will not start this one. As it's going to get busy at work I don't have the time to unroll a new game. Sorry about this. Hopefully you can find somebody else to play Rome.
Redman

Top Bottom