C3MT v1.12.6 installer

C3MT - Civ3MultiTool (Second CFC Thread) 2016-10-05

Graphmos-
Any idea when you'll have a completed version of this up and running for C3C?

I'm currently having exam period, and havent started working on the saveformaty yet. Will spend some time on t during Christmas, but have many other things to do.

right, but also after you've installed any fullversion of C3MT you own all needed dll's (in the installfolder) and can simply you the smaller update (for example you've installed V1.00 you can also update directly to V1.05) ;)

(ok difficult text to simply case :D )

BTW: this version is beta to C3C too

Just a word to the wise-

The UCW for v1.05 does not work with C3C.
Thought I would let everyone know before they tried it out.

Originally posted by NateDawgNY
Just a word to the wise-

The UCW for v1.05 does not work with C3C.
Thought I would let everyone know before they tried it out.

Right, I couldn't load a C3C save when I tried to mod it.

I found out the hard way too.

You can't edit saves for C3C yet in 1.05?

I'm having no luck doing so.

No you can't 1.05 is a testversion released for users who wanted to use the Civ2->Civ3 mapconverter with the new conquests terrain types.

If all goes well I'll have saveeditability in a week, but it might turn out tyo be a lot longer since I have so many other things to do but programming. (today for instance I updated the BIQ format specifications on Apolyton) And this weekend I've been out of town for three days already, so nothing have been done.

Looking forward to the new release!

Status update:

I'm now able to load C3C saves into the SGE without any crashes, and all the data is loaded. I've ignored all new data, and assumed some parts to be fixed size, that I've not yet been able to change in size. The only part I've actually had to modify the loading of some is the map tiles that have terrains stored in a different way (see the BIQ format for more info on that). I've also update the mapstats to use this C3C terrain value.

I'll update other code using the terrain values and make the map exporting and than make saving.

Once that is done I'll release a new beta version to hopefully be able to nail down bugs and changes in the format I've not encounted yet due to limited ammount testing and testsaves.

I've got save loading and resaving for C3C working now, and I've even tested some very limited edits.

For testing purpouse I therefore relese the experimantal version 1.06, in which C3C support is set as an Untested feature and will have to be enabled from the settings.

- Corrected problem with BIQ scenarios with other than 31 playable civs
- Updated some parts of save and BIC handling to clean up the code and make safer use of some values
- Support for BIQ version 12.07 added
- Civilization III: Conquests install path is now meshured correctly from the registry
- Made C3C saves loadable in SGE (by ignoring most changes in the format) (Untested features must be enabled)
- Updated SGE Mapstats to handle C3C terrains correctly
- Fixed problem with normal shutdown causing C3MT to think it was a crash
- Initial loading directory of SGE will now be conquests\saves if conqests were palyed most recently
- Updated mapimport and export to work with C3C saves and BIQ files. (Note that importing a non BIQ to a C3C save probably won't work yey)
- Made C3C saces saveable in to the same level as they are loadable

Any C3C minimap will just be desert due to change in the terrainstorage I've not had time to doublewrite code for. I know this is only a experimantal release for C3Cm, but it would be good if users of PTW tested it too to see that backcompability isn't lost on any point.

Hopefully 1.07 will be a fullfetured C3C supporting version, which may be releaces by the end of next week if all goes well, and as many bugs in this version as possible is found and reported.

And as promissed I put it here this time (even thou it isn't the next 'real version' yet, which will come with a new full install)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/c3mt1-06.zip

Hey Gramphos, I use the "Civ3MultiTool" program when I play "Play the World" and right now when I tried loading my game with the save game editor, it gave me a message of "This save is in interest for the continued development. Please send it zipped to gramphos@apolyton.net"

What is this?

That message is assigned to show up when unknown values, that always seem to have a specific values doesn't have that value. The save might than help me in finding out more of the savefiles and make the tool safer.

Top Bottom