Campaigns of Old on 'Poly: American Civil War

That was a fun but hard fought war. In the end the North's numerical superiority allowed me to out manoeuvre the Confederate Army, but it was a close run thing. I look forward to playing this excellent scenario again one day!

Not so much "outmanoeuver" as "demolish". ;) It reminds me that I was to post the updated version and we were to switch sides and fight a rematch. How's your availability?

Btw, I´ve made a Western Theater scenario some time ago. It´s fully playable, but only for single player and with the Union civ.

If someone is interested in a playtest please let me know. Send me your email via PM and I will send you the files. :)

Here are the files for v2.0. Changes to this version include:

1. The Lincoln Administration (St. Leo's Workshop) is now obsolete, so it can no longer "upgrade" Union volunteers into conscripts.

2. A fortress has been added to Key West, to prevent "sudden descents" by the Confederates.

3. Costs of Union infantry has been increased by 1 row of shields.

4. Costs of heavy artillery have been increased by 4 rows of shields.

5. Costs of spies and trade units have been reduced.

6. The attack value of gunboats and warships has been reduced and defense of ironclads has been increased.

7. Union engineers are replaced, with a 6 turn delay.

8. Named leaders which are killed while defending (only) are replaced 80% of the time, with a 2 turn delay.

9. Reduced odds of random creation of generic leaders.

10. Apache (barbarian) raids in west Texas have been strengthened.

11. The repeating Sioux event error has been fixed.

12. More N-S routes through the rough terrain between Chattanooga and Corinth have been added.

13. Movement and cost of Zouaves have been increased, reflecting their use as light infantry, as opposed to militia.

14. The events-based victory system has been deleted, in favor of a simple objective system.

15. House Rule change: all Confederate ships can stop in British waters, not just commerce raiders. I realized that I violated the written rule repeatedly in our last game, so now I'm making it retroactively legal. :o

While I've tested the new events individually, v2.0 has not been playtested as a whole. This IS the playtest. There are a number of icons/improvement icons unfinished. If anyone wants to try their hand, I'd be very appreciative.

Let me know when you're ready, and I'll post my first turn.

Attachments

• ACW Sound.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 166
  • ACW v.2.0.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
Drew, I've hit a small glitch. I realized that I didn't make the 80% replacement events for 2 named generals (McPherson and Bragg). When I added those events, the remaining events space is only 1286b. Each delay adds 284b, so there is only room for 4 delays to run at one time. Additional delayed events won't occur.

Currently there are 18 generals, replaced 80% of the time with a 2 turn delay, and 4 engineers replaced automatically with a 6 turn delay, so there's a reasonable chance that some delayed events may not occur at some point in the game.

I can simplify the Sioux uprising events to find more events space, which will take a coupld of days, or we can take our chances and start right away. Preference?

Never mind. I simpliified the Sioux events considerably. There are now 6996b left, enough for up to 24 delay events at one time.

The Sioux now attack Minnesota on a random turn (d=20) or if attacked. Their initial attack is 12 Braves and they get 3 more every random turn (d=4), until they're wiped out or until the end of the scenario. Not sophisticated, just a pain in the butt for the Union.

Please replace your events file.

Attachments

• Events.rar
    5.1 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom