Can I set rally points with Civ IV?

Conqueror Worm

Warlord
Is it possible to set a rally point, so that each unit produced by a city automaitcally goes to the set point each time?

If so, even better, is it possible to move that rally point to a new area, or even cancel it altogether, for any given number of cities en masse?

ALT + Right Click on a tile to set a rally point. This should work for multiple cities.

This only works for one unit one time. I want to be able to set it so that each unit produced by that city goes to that set point automatically each time it is produced. I think that Civ III had this feature.

I was under the impression that if you select a city and then set a rally point, all units made in said city travelled to aforementioned rally point.

My apologies if I am mistaken, I rarely use the feature and am only reporting what I remember from the top of my head.

Verge - Perhaps you are right, perhaps I am mistaken. I don't understand what you mean by, "if you select a city, and then set a rally point." When a city produces a unit, that unit pops up as next to move in the game, so then I hit alt and set a rally point, and that unit goes to that spot. But the next unit that city produces do not go anywhere, I have to do the whole procedure again. Is there some special way to select a city?

There are two ways to select a city:

The traditional way, as you know, is to double click the city and bring up the menu.

The way I'm referring to by simply single-left-clicking the "city bar" that contains the population number/production bar/food bar. If you do that, then you'll notice that the main bottom menu will display build options for the city.

So if you select a city using the second method, you should be able to set a rally point for the selected city. If so, then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to select mutiple cities with SHIFT+clicking to set a single rally point for all of them.

Working from memory, but I am confident it is SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK that sets the rally point. You will see a circle appear on the map where you have designated as the rally point whenever you select that city.

To select all cities: CTRL-LEFT CLICK
- Than SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK where you want ALL cities to rally to.​
To select specific cities: Press and hold SHIFT and LEFT CLICK on the desired cities.
- Than SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK where you want those cities to rally to.​

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help Verge - this will prove invaluable to me.

This is the way it seems to work, by the way.

Left click city bar (must be on the city name part of the bar) to select that city.
CTRL & left click city bar to select all cities on that continant.

Shirt & right click to set rally point.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom